Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Capela and Dedmon are better for sure, but this team is still playing a bunch of young players major minutes.  Minutes those players should not be playing.  

Our wings are young, yes. But they now just got help that they didn't have at all this year. Our Center rotation is now legit and Capela will anchor our defense. Reddish and Hunter both still have their own growing to do, but that has always been what this season was about, growth for our young wings. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am back from my PP/PCP, my stress levels were too high and causing some issues but I am back. Just gotta relax. My professional job is stressful as well as family and my personal life but I am good

Tonight: Hawks draft Okungwu March/April: "we are still waiting on that toe to get all the way healed, we really can't put a timetable on it."

Actual footage of Edward's agent seeing the interview:

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Capela and Dedmon are better for sure, but this team is still playing a bunch of young players major minutes.  Minutes those players should not be playing.  

Luka and Trae are young.  They shouldn't be getting minutes either? 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, warcore said:

I'm sorry, but no one else can feel the stick that's up your ass. 

You've been bitching all along about get more vets get more vets....

We get vets...

....continues to bitch

SMGDH

This is the third terrible season in a row for this team.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This is the third terrible season in a row for this team.  

Yes it is and I am pretty sure we all know its been three straight years in the lottery. Time to start moving things upward. Capela and Dedmon were two solid moves. Shooters/depth up next.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kg01 said:

Yup.  Kinda like how @Threezus now owes @capstone21 a favor for the name-change.

Just monitor your phone at all times, threez.  You'll get a late night call from capstone needing an alibi or for you to hang onto some suspicious bag of .. stuff.  Just don't open the bag, maintain plausible deniability.

See what yall aren't even thinking about here is how do yall know he already doesn't owe me for something O.o   Yall don't know my man Caps past and what we went through XD

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin
3 minutes ago, Threezus said:

See what yall aren't even thinking about here is how do yall know he already doesn't owe me for something O.o   Yall don't know my man Caps past and what we went through XD

You just don’t know

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KB21 said:

This is the third terrible season in a row for this team.  

Actually 2016-2017 was the most terrible of the recent seasons.

We got blown out in many of the games.

We went out with a whimper against Washington in the first round.

And we had no hope for a better future.

The tank officially is now over. It lasted only 2 1/2 seasons, as all of the recent trades went towards being better on the floor NOW.

We now have more collective talent than we did on that 2016-2017 team.

And we have hope for a future that arrives as early as next year.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, parfait said:

Actually 2016-2017 was the most terrible of the recent seasons.

We got blown out in many of the games.

We went out with a whimper against Washington in the first round.

And we had no hope for a better future.

The tank officially is now over. It lasted only 2 1/2 seasons, as all of the recent trades went towards being better on the floor NOW.

We now have more collective talent than we did on that 2016-2017 team.

And we have hope for a future that arrives as early as next year.

You don’t really buy into any of that do you?   

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It was one of the least enjoyable seasons I've had in Hawks history 

Ditto.. that season made me realize how badly this team needed to rebuild.  There was no hope to contend or possibly even continue winning games at a respectable clip keeping that team together and no FAs wanted to walk in that door.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, turnermx said:

Ditto.. 

My favorite seasons were:

I didn't become a diehard Hawks fan till 96-97. Before that I would go to the games to see the other teams stars like Grant Hill and I was far more passionate about the Braves.

1. 60 win Hawks. For the first two months, I felt this was a 48-50 win team. December and January were special. February was holding water and March, we were trying to stay afloat. Still the great season in my fandom.

2. 97-98 Hawks, I went to the Bulls game. We won like 12 straight to start the season. The Omni was rocking. It felt like this was the year we could beat the Bulls. We kinda fell off in the 2nd half and of course the dud to Charlotte. 

3. Last year's baby Hawks. Especially the 2nd half. 1st half wasn't so enjoyable but the 2nd half, Trae was becoming a star, Kevin showed shades of Klay Thompson, and we just played entertaining Basketball for such a bad team. It wasn't just fun to watch, it was a show as well which we haven't seen as Hawk fans since Nique graced the city. Atlanta, a star is born. 

Least favorite seasons:

1. 13 win Hawks lead by Josh Smith. I hated that team. Al Harrington was a clown.

2. That playoff guarantee Hawk team lead by SAR, Glenn Robinson and other trash ass Basketball players. I think Lon Kruger was the coach. 

3. 43 win Hawks team. Shit was awful. A lot of chucking threes. Antic was an offensive option. We had one of the worst offenses ever from an appealing stance with no potential in sight. It was hard to watch on a nightly basis and the team was going nowhere with no good assets at all not to mention a shit GM tandem. I hated everything about that season except when it finally ended. 

Most of the seasons in my fandom haven't been enjoyable. I didn't care for the Woody/Iso era. I did like Bud/Ferry era on the court but terrible decision making as an organization set us back. 

As for now, this season hasn't been enjoyable, more disappointing than anything else but so far in the 2nd half, things are getting better, day by day. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Premium Member
14 hours ago, KB21 said:

Let me know when Travis builds a playoff team.  

Believe the last few days sealed that for next season. We will be in barring a ridiculous number of injuries again.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

My favorite seasons were:

I didn't become a diehard Hawks fan till 96-97. Before that I would go to the games to see the other teams stars like Grant Hill and I was far more passionate about the Braves.

1. 60 win Hawks. For the first two months, I felt this was a 48-50 win team. December and January were special. February was holding water and March, we were trying to stay afloat. Still the great season in my fandom.

2. 97-98 Hawks, I went to the Bulls game. We won like 12 straight to start the season. The Omni was rocking. It felt like this was the year we could beat the Bulls. We kinda fell off in the 2nd half and of course the dud to Charlotte. 

3. Last year's baby Hawks. Especially the 2nd half. 1st half wasn't so enjoyable but the 2nd half, Trae was becoming a star, Kevin showed shades of Klay Thompson, and we just played entertaining Basketball for such a bad team. It wasn't just fun to watch, it was a show as well which we haven't seen as Hawk fans since Nique graced the city. Atlanta, a star is born. 

Least favorite seasons:

1. 13 win Hawks lead by Josh Smith. I hated that team. Al Harrington was a clown.

2. That playoff guarantee Hawk team lead by SAR, Glenn Robinson and other trash ass Basketball players. I think Lon Kruger was the coach. 

3. 43 win Hawks team. Shit was awful. A lot of chucking threes. Antic was an offensive option. We had one of the worst offenses ever from an appealing stance with no potential in sight. It was hard to watch on a nightly basis and the team was going nowhere with no good assets at all not to mention a shit GM tandem. I hated everything about that season except when it finally ended. 

Most of the seasons in my fandom haven't been enjoyable. I didn't care for the Woody/Iso era. I did like Bud/Ferry era on the court but terrible decision making as an organization set us back. 

As for now, this season hasn't been enjoyable, more disappointing than anything else but so far in the 2nd half, things are getting better, day by day. 

I agree with 90% of this.

That “playoff guarantee” was a gigantic embarrassment.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Yes it is and I am pretty sure we all know its been three straight years in the lottery. Time to start moving things upward. Capela and Dedmon were two solid moves. Shooters/depth up next.

I'll be looking forward to the lottery.  I'm really intrigued by Halliburton.  He leads his teams in points, rebounds, assists, and steals.  Plug his numbers into player finder and you will see 4 college seasons in history with per games averages better than 15 pts, 6 reb, 6 assists, and 2 steals.  2 of those players played in major conferences.  They were Penny Hardaway and Jason Kidd.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Believe the last few days sealed that for next season. We will be in barring a ridiculous number of injuries again.

Not sure where those wins are coming from.  We didn’t add two 8-10 WAR players at the deadline.  The collective WAR of the players we have returning is not even at 10 at this point.  I’m just curious where the 25 wins or so that this team needs to get into the playoffs over what they have this year is going to come from.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators
2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Not sure where those wins are coming from.  We didn’t add two 8-10 WAR players at the deadline.  The collective WAR of the players we have returning is not even at 10 at this point.  I’m just curious where the 25 wins or so that this team needs to get into the playoffs over what they have this year is going to come from.

Having JC not missing 25 games is a big start.  They would also need to see improvement from the young players which is likely to be in fits and starts but generally to see material improvement.  WAR projections generally increase substantially over a player's first few years.  JC went from 2 WAR to 5.1 WAR after his rookie season, for example.  Trae was projected to go from 0.8 WAR to 2.7 WAR (which really undersold his performance this year).  Capela and Dedmon are projected for 10 WAR between the two of them.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Anyone watching the games sees that with a healthy roster this is a .500 team and that's without the new players.   Last year the Pistons made the playoffs at 41-41 just beating out the mighty Heat. 

No.  This roster was never a .500 team without injuries because the team doesn’t have enough veterans and has too many young players getting big minutes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.