• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

@Threezus I also think a lot of NBA players don't exactly like Trae either. Earlier Bron tweeted that Booker is the most disrespected player in this league. Of course he made no mention of Trae at all

He really is not held in high regard. A lot of yall have him elevated to a place most others really don't

Like @NBASupes says he's basically Stephon Marbury 2.0 right now and that's the truth *shrugs* 

Been saying it...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

That CC for Gallo sub was terrible for both ends of the floor.  Capela was half our offense down the stretch and our interior defense.

He does it every damn time too he refuses to let Capela finish a game.  I understand they might foul him but even than at 50+%  free throw thats still adding points to a lead to fend them off.  But even more so the defense he provides might keep them from ever catching us to begin with and he still provides rebounding and put backs from those trae lobs.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

See?   LP even admits that he was "fearful of them fouling Clint".  You can't coach like that man.  Gallo isn't that good to be subbing Clint out.

F--K that LP.   Trust your vet.   

Clint is shooting 56% FT.  He's at least making 1.  And even if he misses both, you still have your defensive anchor on the floor.

It's stupid af because you have the lead, Cleveland isn't intentionally fouling down one with one possession left. Just makes no sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

See?   LP even admits that he was "fearful of them fouling Clint".  You can't coach like that man.  Gallo isn't that good to be subbing Clint out.

F--K that LP.   Trust your vet.   

Clint is shooting 56% FT.  He's at least making 1.  And even if he misses both, you still have your defensive anchor on the floor.

Yo, my man LP coaching like a punk scaredy cat. I'd fire that fool tonight. 

• Like 1

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

And I don't think you can intentionally foul off ball in the last 2 minutes anymore.

You can't it's considered a tech foul if im not mistaken now.  Which puts a better FT shooter up there for 1  + capela gets 2 more on top for the initial foul.   If i remember that correctly from what people explained of it earlier this year inside of 2 minutes.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheTruth said:

Yo, my man LP coaching like a punk scaredy cat. I'd fire that fool tonight. 

That would be heartless to fire him after his wife gave birth.  And with all of the injuries.

Having said that, he needs to stop shooting his own self in the foot with these lineups at the end.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

You can't it's considered a tech foul if im not mistaken now.  Which puts a better FT shooter up there for 1  + capela gets 2 more on top for the initial foul.   If i remember that correctly from what people explained of it earlier this year inside of 2 minutes.

So the sub was unnecessary? If so, fireable offense, strait up. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Been saying it...

I could give a rats ass what Lequeen or fans on other boards that don't watch the Hawks have to say about anything. You put Trae in a good situation and he's a sure fire MVP candidate. We had him out there with one legged Snell, Solo, the leaning tower of "risa", and Heurter. He didn't have his shot going and LP kept calling the same action. Smart coach would have identified Trae being off and might have drawn something up for Huerter off ball, or anything creative. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

So the sub was unnecessary? If so, fireable offense, strait up. 

Let me look it up to make sure on this i don't want to be completely wrong because it's a weird rule. 

The current rule for away-from-the-play fouls applicable to the last two minutes of the fourth period (and last two minutes of any overtime)—pursuant to which the fouled team is awarded one free throw and retains possession of the ball.

So yeah if clint gets fouled without the ball we get 1 FT like a tech foul would be and retain the ball.  So it's actually even better for us as we get a whole new time to run down the clock and end the game lol.   This dead ass means LP doesn't know the correct rule or is just to stupid to use it to it's fullest.  That is without a doubt a fireable offense among like 20 other things he does deserving to be let go.

Edited by Threezus
  • Thanks 3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

This loss will just be blamed on JC being out along with Cam and all the others. LP will get a pass and we'll all be here like its groundhogs day tomorrow night. 

I doubt that. This was BAD bad. The only reason the Cavs won tonight was bad BBIQ on and off the court from the Hawks. I'm glad this wasn't on national TV.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

This loss will just be blamed on JC being out along with Cam and all the others. LP will get a pass and we'll all be here like its groundhogs day tomorrow night. 

I call it the Quinn syndrome, where obviously poor and inexcusable coaching gets swept under the rug cause "tough luck" 

Edited by Atlantaholic
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

I call it the Quinn syndrome, where obviously poor and inexcusable coaching gets swept under the rug cause "tough luck" 

LP hasn't had it easy with all the injuries, but he's still underperformed with the players he's had available. And he routinely makes the same coaching decisions that don't work. Its maddening and should not be tolerated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1