• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Don't get the optimism. The Hawks are a poorly coached team with injuries. Such teams are fighting uphill battles every night. They quite literally just lost to a team that had lost their previous 10 games by an average of 20-something points (according to ptree hoops). They may be playing worse than every other team in the NBA and the Hawks - due largely to their lack of coaching - managed to play worse. SMH

The optimism is because despite the narrative of how bad or inconsistent the Hawks are, the rest of the East is too.   The #4 team in the East ( Indiana ) only has a 16 - 15 record.  The team we play next, is 6th with a 15 - 16 record.

And this game is a perfect example of why Cam Reddish MUST play, despite his offensive deficiencies. Cam would more than likely been on either Sexton or Garland tonight, which would've limited his offense.  If you notice what Cleveland did, they put Okoro ( the Cleveland Cam ) on Trae.  That's why it was tough for him to score most of the night.  Bob kept saying it was Garland, but it was actually Okoro.

As for Cleveland's 10 game losing streak, here are the teams that they played

• vs Clippers
  • vs Bucks
  • vs Bucks
  • @ Suns
  • @ Nuggets
  • @ Blazers
  • @ Clippers
  • @ Warriors
  • vs Nuggets
  • vs Thunder

Only the Thunder was a game in which they would be favored to win.  Those other teams are top 10 teams in the league.

The Hawks are not good enough to act like we can just step on the court vs any team.  But I'm also not going to act like another mediocre team is so much better than we are, just because they're currently in the playoffs.

We're soft as tissue paper.  Boston is just as soft.  I don't fear that team at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I give Solo this.  He speaks like he's the leader of the Hawks.  He's falling on the sword, when everyone knows that Gallinari is the culprit as the last line of defense.

He does give very intelligent and candid sound bytes but having a career negative VORP journeyman being the voice box for the team is a bad look in itself.  That no name dude blew by the whole team for a crunch time dunk like Jordan, enough blame to go around lol.  That’s the first time I’ve heard a player speak on being aware of their +/- although I know all the ones who play with any lick of toughness care about it a great deal.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The optimism is because despite the narrative of how bad or inconsistent the Hawks are, the rest of the East is too.   The #4 team in the East ( Indiana ) only has a 16 - 15 record.  The team we play next, is 6th with a 15 - 16 record.

And this game is a perfect example of why Cam Reddish MUST play, despite his offensive deficiencies. Cam would more than likely been on either Sexton or Garland tonight, which would've limited his offense.  If you notice what Cleveland did, they put Okoro ( the Cleveland Cam ) on Trae.  That's why it was tough for him to score most of the night.  Bob kept saying it was Garland, but it was actually Okoro.

• vs Clippers
  • vs Bucks
  • vs Bucks
  • @ Suns
  • @ Nuggets
  • @ Blazers
  • @ Clippers
  • @ Warriors
  • vs Nuggets
  • vs Thunder

Only the Thunder was a game in which they would be favored to win.  Those other teams are top 10 teams in the league.

The Hawks are not good enough to act like we can just step on the court vs any team.  But I'm also not going to act like another mediocre team is so much better than we are, just because they're currently in the playoffs.

We're soft as tissue paper.  Boston is just as soft.  I don't fear that team at all.

Man I REALLY hope you are right cuz watching the same ish night after night gets really old. 

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

• vs Clippers
  • vs Bucks
  • vs Bucks
  • @ Suns
  • @ Nuggets
  • @ Blazers
  • @ Clippers
  • @ Warriors
  • vs Nuggets
  • vs Thunder

The east (and west for that matter) is tough as hell bro, the reason the #4 team is 16-15 isn't because they are "inconsistent" it's because schedules have been brutal across the board. There are very few gimmes on anyones schedule (outside of Minny and Cleveland the last few weeks smh). If the Hawks don't improve dramatically they will not even be within sniffing distance of the eight seed when it's all said and done. 

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Is there footage of when Collins sustained the concussion?

He took an elbow to the head from a Cavs player sometime late in 2nd, I think less than 2 minutes were left. I remember Bob saying he appeared a little shaken up, but he stayed in the game.

9 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I must admit if Jimmy or Steph are in uniform I’m pretty indifferent to a Hawks loss.  Imma have to be a traitor this Sunday and upcoming Tuesday sorry to say.  Y’all don’t stone me to death please and thanks.

What the ...?

Who are you and what have you done with my benhillboy?

Don't look away, look at me!  Whatve you done with benhillboy?  I know he's in there.   Benhill?  Say something, benhillboy!

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Crummy day to be a Hawks fan.   I was so pissed about Trae not making the all star game and then they fold to the Cavs?   And not only do they fold blow an easy game but it took boneheaded plays from like 5 guys to make it happen.   

I love Trae but after throwing up 30 shots you're going to pass the ball to snell with 1 second on the clock?   good lord.   Almost seemed like we threw the game to be honest.  

• Haha 1

Cavs - The worst % three point shooting - bury Atlanta with their threes.

Free throws - Capela missed 2.  Trae missed 4.  Capela, you expect, but Trae ....

One starter out for the game - Another starter out for the second half.

Welcome back LP.  Can't blame you for Trae missing 4 free throws and costing us the game.  (Or can we?)

Agent OO17 played 10 minutes and had a -10 for the game.  Terrible game.

Get ready.  Another blow out loss coming tonight from the hated Boston Bean Eaters Team.

😪

• Like 1

They keep making these mistakes I don't think this is coaching as much as some of these players just have lower bbiq than we would like and it's now showing since we've got more players now, some of this stuff they are missing is stuff trea should have picked up last two years, that's find to dev but cmon.  if the rest of the season stays like this , we got to seriously consider starting over, I'd rather do that than keep reshuffling the same deck 

Edited by hylndr11
  • Like 3

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

I don't think this is coaching as much as some of these players just have lower bbiq than we would like

I agree with this but this is what good coaching is supposed to overcome.   If you have Magic, Worthy, Kareem out there then anyone can coach but there aren't enough of those types of guys.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Crummy day to be a Hawks fan.   I was so pissed about Trae not making the all star game and then they fold to the Cavs?   And not only do they fold blow an easy game but it took boneheaded plays from like 5 guys to make it happen.   

I love Trae but after throwing up 30 shots you're going to pass the ball to snell with 1 second on the clock?   good lord.   Almost seemed like we threw the game to be honest.  

Just gotta grit yer teeth and laugh, macd.  Laugh like I laugh when I see Gallinari floundering into off-balance, dumb-a** shots and remember eggsperts claiming he made Collins expendable.

100.webp?cid=ecf05e471mcuat1iwmt7c1ucpoj

• Haha 2