• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Knicks -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, Cwell said:

Capela - 4 points

Collins - 0 points

what the entire flip? Smh

Capela was blowing gimmes. JC couldn't stay on the court due to fouls.

That being said, our frontcourt is getting outworked by theirs. And its not a size thing, it's all activity.

• Like 3

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

Yeah, Collins is not one that you want to have to count on. He should be a 6th man probably.

He has talent, but he isn't a player that is critical at the playoff level as a top option.

I miss the Trae-JC pick n roll. Capela has absolutely taken that away from John.

You can’t wait until 6 minutes left down 10 to put the starters back in. Then they feel like they have to play hero ball, hence all the 3s. Nate had his Pierce clipboard tonight. 

We were lucky enough to escape game one when he did that. Can’t bank on that to kee happening. Trae is 22, what are you saving him for?

Edited by Cwell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

But I still feel that second half wasn't managed well. At least deviate from rotations a little bit.

Nate really should stop this full bench unit nonsense. Maybe Kevin and Gallo. Okongwu maybe as well but no more Lou or Snell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

I am slapping the shit out of anyone saying JC deserves the max ever again. I told ya'll he was f***ing fraud. Gallo had to play too many mins due to his BS.

LOL...John played like a young player. He wasn't the reason we lost this game though.  Missing all those wide open shots was the reason.

Trae and Bogi were a +5.  Our bench got killed.  Nate needs to not have the entire bench out there ever.  Rotate the starters with a mixture.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If Johnny play like he got some balls, Nate put Gallo cross-legged shooting a$$ on ice and let OO work the glass, and the team closes Bullock’s airspace down (without flying past him) we’ll be alright going forward.

Edited by benhillboy

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

F--- that.

The coach gave this game away with his decision to put this team in a huge hole with his rotations.  And it was the vets that failed us.  All of them.

If this was Woody, people would be destroying him right now.

Which rotations , I stopped watching med 3rd and it was still starters mostly and gallo.i believe , I must have missed something, but Collins being out and not being able to help capella messed up a bunch , we should have been up 25 at the half 

Just now, NBASupes said:

Nate really should stop this full bench unit nonsense. Maybe Kevin and Gallo. Okongwu maybe as well but no more Lou or Snell.

You can put them all in at different times mixing in the starters to see who has it.  I wouldn't say don't play Lou, sometimes he's microwave hot and can keep us in the game.  He's the reason we won game one. 

This game everyone but Trae was cold.  Bogi was 2-13 from three. I hope he'll be better at home. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Thomas said:

When Trae hit Capela with the lob and it tied it up I thought we would startinching away with it. Quite the opposite happened. Coach and players must be much better next game.  Can't be just one on five.

We would have started pulling away with it if any of the next 4 shots that were WIDE OPEN 3's went in.  Those are usually easy shots with a high clip of being made when you get that much time and that open.  Rare that this team misses so many 3's.  If it were the knicks defense causing those bad shots i wouldn't be as upset.  But the fact we just crapped the bed on our own when we had the game right where we wanted it and failed pisses me off the most.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

LOL...John played like a young player. He wasn't the reason we lost this game though.  Missing all those wide open shots was the reason.

Trae and Bogi were a +5.  Our bench got killed.  Nate needs to not have the entire bench out there ever.  Rotate the starters with a mixture.

JC was clearly the reason we lost. What are you talking about 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Nate needs to not have the entire bench out there ever.  Rotate the starters with a mixture.

Guess he got into some of Hubie Brown's old notes with that stuff. Hopefully never again.

Just now, Threezus said:

We would have started pulling away with it if any of the next 4 shots that were WIDE OPEN 3's went in.  Those are usually easy shots with a high clip of being made when you get that much time and that open.  Rare that this team misses so many 3's.  If it were the knicks defense causing those bad shots i wouldn't be as upset.  But the fact we just crapped the bed on our own when we had the game right where we wanted it and failed pisses me off the most.

My guess was NY fans were loud. Bogi was missing extremely open 3s badly.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I don't mind giving Lou some minutes to see if he can get it going.

But his play tonight is also the reason why he's never received a big time contract.  If his shot isn't on, he's virtually useless on the floor.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

Nah don’t include Bogi in there with Trae. He disappeared the 2nd half like he did the first half game one. Out there clanking left and right, putting up more shots than Trae. Straight Westbrick in OKC mode

I know this sucks, because we blew the lead, but mission accomplished.  We now have homecourt. If we protect homecourt, we move on to the second round.  The Knicks were desperate and the Hawks shrunk in the moment. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

JC was clearly the reason we lost. What are you talking about 

I guess I should say JC wasn't the ONLY reason we lost the game. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Gallo womt stay like this, he'll go on a hot streak soon no way he's too good of a shooter and he's too open

He needs to drive to the basket and get to the free throw line. He is settling too much. Funny thing is though, he is wide ope on those three pointers so he has to take them. 

• Like 1