• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

i have no clue what you just said dude but i like it

No one really understands win shares but use the stat whenever it's conveniant. RAPTOR is a much better advanced metric that measures individual impact on either end imo. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Kevin Huerter - All Possessions

Active & Decisive

So funny to watch that 3 be blocked by Philly and go out of bounds, only for them to give Philly the ball smh

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yes, but there was a lot of ball, so while I think it's definitely a foul it's not the worst non call in the game. Gallo fouled on his dunk attempt was a worse one.

What ball? Ben didn’t touch nothing but Collins’ arm

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Final_quest said:

Huerter has been awesome this entire post season.  He’s been poised and aggressive.  It’s cool to see who plays well in pressure situations.  

This has been Huerter's best stretch as a pro by a mile. Very impressed. I know Trae gets all the love for the breakout, but honestly Trea pretty much put together an entire year last year of playing like this. Trae right now is basically playing like last year's version of himself with better defense and less turnovers. 

• Like 2

Why did we?  Prevent offense late in the game.  Hold the ball for 24 seconds.  Turnover, clock ran out.  Why?  To me, this is the big reason the 76ers were so eager to come back on the Hawks.

Atlanta shut down their offense late in the 4th quarter.  Ugh!  Don't do this any more.  Keep pressing them and force them to expend energy, playing defense.  

We saw what the 76ers are capable of.  The 76ers, on the other hand, were introduced to what the Hawks are capable of when they ran away on the 1st half.  

:smug:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I think the biggest Trae benefit that goes unnoticed is the unforced defensive errors he causing in the opponents. They are so amped to rotate, so quick to make a decision to help, try to cheat just so much to stop him it opens up everything else. The very pressure of the defense having to extend to 30 creates lanes that even Gallo can drive (see game 1).

Facts! It doesn't help that Philly personnel is terrible for PnR Basketball 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

No one really understands win shares but use the stat whenever it's conveniant. RAPTOR is a much better advanced metric that measures individual impact on either end imo. 

I don’t deal with Raptor, people use that when convenient also.  Nothing against it though.  I like simple ratings like the NBA Math TPA (total points added) and the 100 possession rating duo that give simple two-way pictures of a player.  I find it very accurate and win shares usually align with it relative to their minutes and role.  It just reminds me of science projects back in the day manipulating controls and variables lol.  I hate the dude who did the radial plots last season didn’t do so this year.  I check 82games at times to see their on/off based ratings.

Kevin had the highest combo rating yesterday (152 to 117).   Maxey, Dwight, Hill, and Green killed the Sixers offensively and I expect them to continue.  Solo had the lowest offensive rating (of course), OO’s minutes in the playoffs have been ridiculously efficient.  +13 per 100 yesterday, likely because he was facing the aforementioned Sixers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Luckily Cuban cares more about marketing the international product so win or lose he is satisfied. He cares more about the biz than the ball 🏀 

Yeah, also when guys with money start considering politics as a serious option their motives can not be trusted anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I don’t deal with Raptor, people use that when convenient also.  Nothing against it though.  I like simple ratings like the NBA Math TPA (total points added) and the 100 possession rating duo that give simple two-way pictures of a player.  I find it very accurate and win shares usually align with it relative to their minutes and role.  It just reminds me of science projects back in the day manipulating controls and variables lol.  I hate the dude who did the radial plots last season didn’t do so this year.  I check 82games at times to see their on/off based ratings.

Kevin had the highest combo rating yesterday (152 to 117).   Maxey, Dwight, Hill, and Green killed the Sixers offensively and I expect them to continue.  Solo had the lowest offensive rating (of course), OO’s minutes in the playoffs have been ridiculously efficient.  +13 per 100 yesterday, likely because he was facing the aforementioned Sixers.

Raptor is relatively simple though. It's an adjusted +/- that looks to isolate the player from the rest of his lineups. Biggest issue with Raptor is you need a pretty large sample size of games in order to adjust the +- and of course it will be flawed to a degree as it's impossible to adjust it completely.

Edited by Atlantaholic

10 hours ago, marco102 said:

Oh remember how you heard that the Knicks didn't attack Trae on defense, but the 76ers have the lineup to do it?  Well the Ringer guys just said the 76ers don't have the personnel to attack Trae on defense, but the Bucks and Nets do.  Well the Bucks and Nets have the personnel to attack mostly anyone.  Trae's defense is much improved and they can't accept it.  He's not elite or anything, but he's trying.

And with that am committed to avoiding being exposed to the Ringer. The 76ers have the perfect team to trap. Long arms and defensive players.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bleachkit said:

For his size he is an outstanding rebounder. There is considerable debate about how impactful that is, but I think it's suggests a high level of effort. 

The interesting thing is Trae grabs as many offensive boards as Luka this post season. To me the boards I’ve seen Luka get aren’t often anything more than routine. Watching Kawhi out effort Luka for boards was super clear. It might have been a conditioning thing. Not sure.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Right.  Which means that they lost 4 of the last 5 games in the series.

And they had a close out game at home in Game 6, and couldn't get done.

If that happened to the Hawks, people would be losing their minds over here.

And ESPN would be all smiles and patting themselves on the back.

• Like 2