• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

I would have done a Herschel Walker grandfather type trade to get the Dallas pick that year as well and keep Luka.

Trae and Luka. That would have been unfair.

Grandfather trades usually backfire as it did with Herschel and the Vikings but that’s football 🏈 and each deal is independent of its own. I would have pulled the trigger to get both Trae and Luka and team them up. I would have traded 3 first round picks and players. You risk about 5 year but if it pans out you have a 10 year championship window if you play your cards right.

All Monday morning QB stuff.

If I had to do it all over I’m still taking Trae and LOOOOVVVVIIING IT!!!!! We got our man. He’s made of that old strong 💪🏾 cloth!

His greatest ability is his work-ethic...it will infuse everyone around him. That boy isn't afraid to improve and struggle to improve in season and off season. I hope he keeps humble and hungry! Trae's fortunately been our man since draft night. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, enrique said:

The problem with this concession is that when it came to ROY, the fact that Atlanta had a horrific roster and the Mavs had a solid roster with a top-5 bench didn't ever enter the national conversation about why Trae should be considered on the merits of his statistical accomplishments. But that was scoffed at. Now when it comes to playoff time, suddenly people want to say "Oh wait, Luka doesn't have a good supporting cast." Well his on/off splits aren't revealing that he is the man and no one else can do a thing on the team. Trae and Luka in the playoffs this year are both #3 on their teams for on/off splits. 

If Trae didn't get any credit for the abysmal team he played on his rookie season, why should we concede anything to someone whose playing on a worse roster right now. Just doesn't make any sense. I accepted the "Hawks Suck therefore Luka is ROY." I will let the "Dallas Sucks...Trae is a stud" stand.

Well maybe Cuban needs a new GM. Porzingus trade has been so-so at best. Trading Curry for Richardson was a bad trade, he was a complete non factor for the Mavs. They thought they were getting Giannis or another mega star, and struck out. I like that TS got didnt sell the farm for a star, instead got solid veterans like Bogi and Capela that filled their roles to a T. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This^.

The Hawks and Trae were maligned last year because he couldn't take the likes of Lamian, Crabbe, Parsons, Parker, Turner etc to the playoffs.

Last year had to be one of the worst benches of all time. If there was a worse one, I cant think of it. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Well maybe Cuban needs a new GM. Porzingus trade has been so-so at best. Trading Curry for Richardson was a bad trade, he was a complete non factor for the Mavs. They thought they were getting Giannis or another mega star, and struck out. I like that TS got didnt sell the farm for a star, instead got solid veterans like Bogi and Capela that filled their roles to a T. 

For sure...TS knew that Trae with extra first rounders, along with other assets he was acquiring was the way to go. I think he also recognized that Trae is a star and will help others become their better selves on the court. He sets the table so well most of the time. Tonight there were some rough patches, but I imagine he is going to be studying film of the last 4 or 5 minutes like crazy tonight and tomorrow. TS has certainly been building the team around the player Trae is and can be. To Trae's credit he is working hard to improve on his weak areas. The coaching change has definitely brought out a different kind of player in Trae.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Half the reason why our roster is so much better than the Mavs roster is because Trae makes them better.  It's true that Dallas doesn't have lob threats for Luka to utilize off the PnR like some are saying, but that also undersells how effortlessly trae gets into the paint against quite literally any defender that his been thrown on him this playoffs.  I think the fact Trae is much much harder to game plan around bodes very well for us in the playoffs this year and in future years.  Also don't even think the Mavs played that poorly -- taking the Clippers to 7 games is a good season in my books, so I don't see why we need so many reactionary takes.

If anything, the Mavs overachieved. Dont talk to me about narratives, goal post moving, etc. Their roster is crap. Taking the Clippers to 7 is solid for them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

Trae has a few clear cut advantages over Luka as it stands today: FT shooting, conditioning, and pure passing no question.  Trae is also rapidly closing in on reaching his defensive potential, Luka don’t give a damn about making standout plays.

Luka gets the defensive benefit of the doubt, because he grabs a lot of defensive rebounds.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

If anything, the Mavs overachieved. Dont talk to me about narratives, goal post moving, etc. Their roster is crap. Taking the Clippers to 7 is solid for them. 

I don't think their roster is complete doo doo.  They have shooters.  They have like 4-5 guys right around 40% from 3... that's what you want when you're playing Harden-ball.  The only material difference between their team and ours for me is we have a strong defensive anchor in Capela.  If you swap out porzingus for capela and put trae on that team instead of luka, i bet they look just about as good as the hawks this year.  Those shooters on dallas might even be hitting at a little higher clip with the looks trae would get them

Just now, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Luka gets the defensive benefit of the doubt, because he grabs a lot of defensive rebounds.

For his size he is an outstanding rebounder. There is considerable debate about how impactful that is, but I think it's suggests a high level of effort. 

4 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I don't think their roster is complete doo doo.  They have shooters.  They have like 4-5 guys right around 40% from 3... that's what you want when you're playing Harden-ball.  The only material difference between their team and ours for me is we have a strong defensive anchor in Capela.  If you swap out porzingus for capela and put trae on that team instead of luka, i bet they look just about as good as the hawks this year.  Those shooters on dallas might even be hitting at a little higher clip with the looks trae would get them

I dont see how they are going to be get much better. They are stuck with Porzingus awful contract, that is bordering on negative value. If I were the Mavs I would try to try to shake things up now, before you have to pay Luka. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member

One thing I have taken for granted this season is how solid of free throw shooters we have.  Watching Luka and Ben Simmons brick free throws all post season has to be infuriating as a Mavs/Sixers fan.  If Ben Simmons could shoot free throws we might have actually collapsed and lost this game today and the series looks a lot different.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1