• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Patiently waiting for the NBA's last 2 minute report of yesterday's game.

https://official.nba.com/2020-21-nba-officiating-last-two-minute-reports/

200.webp?cid=ecf05e470m9uawpj2cff1s5wokj

Come on, bro.  I totally thought you were posting the report.  Nice pumpfake.

Right now, I'm in the air tryin' to avoid getting a foul called on me.

"Ah, he jumped into me, ref!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I laugh hysterically when I see this clip.  Love this guy!!

After a closer inspection... His girl was riding hard for the Hawks too!!!  Kudos to them Both!!  I appreciate their courage to stand up in a pro Philly Crowd and Rep the Hawks!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

I thought there were a few non-calls that should have gone against the Sixers late in the game.  One was Seth Curry pushing off on his corner 3.  And one was Trae's turnover at midcourt.  The other was Bogie getting abused on the takedown.  

Let Glenn Rivers tell it, that's how they want all of game 2 officiated.

IOW, by this guy ..

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47p9ay1f6otiqx5syr8s4

... but only when ATL has the ball, of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hawkmoor said:

A hour into "Undisputed " on FS1 and they still haven't mentioned the Hawks. They are going into their SECOND segment on the Clippers.

The same thing happened on First Things First.  No analysis on the game, but did give Trae a "bronze metal" for his Game 1 performance. over the weekend.  The dude in Dallas got a Silver ( in a loss ).  Kawhi got the Gold, for his Game 6 performance.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The same thing happened on First Things First.  No analysis on the game, but did give Trae a "bronze metal" for his Game 1 performance. over the weekend.  The dude in Dallas got a Silver ( in a loss ).  Kawhi got the Gold, for his Game 6 performance.

Y'all need to stop watching these fools and expecting something different.  They have a mandate to ignore anything Atlanta/ Hawks related. It would require them to do actual work.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Y'all need to stop watching these fools and expecting something different.  They have a mandate to ignore anything Atlanta/ Hawks related. It would require them to do actual work.

That's what is interesting right now.  Winning cures all.  Some of these guys are eating crow and stumping for Trae and the Hawks.  Why?  They don't want to look stupid.  It's actually pretty interesting to watch them being forced to cover our team.  

Prior to this playoff run.  We got a mention that was usually a slam or backhanded compliment like, "Trae Young gets his points, but gives them up on the other end."  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

That's what is interesting right now.  Winning cures all.  Some of these guys are eating crow and stumping for Trae and the Hawks.  Why?  They don't want to look stupid.  It's actually pretty interesting to watch them being forced to cover our team.  

Prior to this playoff run.  We got a mention that was usually a slam or backhanded compliment like, "Trae Young gets his points, but gives them up on the other end."  

Oh... The Narrative is changing.  There's a whole lot of Backpedalling going on. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why is Solo taking 7 3s????  I don't want to see that again, ever.

I think the Sixers may start Thybulle on Trae while using Simmons to double and trap that will leave whoever the SF is open, that would be Hill - in this scenario we should go with Snell.

Please Hunter, be ready to play on Tuesday.

Because they were all open looks and he should take them instead of ruining the flow of the offense by doing more than he is capable of.  It's why they put Kevin in early though.  The Sixers will be in real trouble if we can get a semi-healthy Dre back, because that would be him in the corner for those threes. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The League should be in a PANIC.....

For all of you who are logical, I want you to follow this:

Philly had a home game against the Hawks.

Embiid Played and scored 39 pts.

Simmons played and Shoot 100% from the field and had 10 dimes.   He could score anytime he wanted to.

BUT

Hawks Won.  Not only that... Hawks dominated most of the game.  Not only that at one point the Hawks had a 26 point lead.   It took the refs swallowing their whistles for about a quarter to get Philly back in the game... and with all that... It was still not enough. 

Actually it was more like the last 3-4 minutes where the Sixers went on a run.  We maintained our 4th quarter lead until 4 minutes to go.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Final_quest said:

Actually it was more like the last 3-4 minutes where the Sixers went on a run.  We maintained our 4th quarter lead until 4 minutes to go.  

I count the "where's the foul" Plays too.  Like there was a foul on Embiid that they accounted to Clint and Solo held up his hand to try to save Clint.   But watching the replay over and over again, I don't see anybody touch Embiid... I just see him jump up in a weird fashion.

• Like 1