• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 5

lethalweapon3

7 hours ago, hazer said:

Trae is 22, Kevin is 22, Collins is 23, Kong is 20, stop ✋ 

Age is a factor as far as experience. But your point was that Philly is getting fatigued because they are old. Philly is in their prime age wise. We also have some older vets that actually play. Lou is 34, Gallo is 32. I'm not sure why you are playing the age card, but it's not a strong argument. 

Edited by bleachkit
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Age is a factor as far as experience. But your point was that Philly is getting fatigued because they are old. Philly is in their prime age wise. We also have some older vets that actually play. Lou is 34, Gallo is 32. I'm not sure why you are playing the age card, but it's not a strong argument. 

Yea, you can say the Hawks have better conditioning, and I wouldn't argue that one bit after what we have seen from Embiid the last two games. I especially loved how he was grabbing the wrong knee after Trae drained that floater in his face (which should have been an and-1)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

"Undisputed " just talked 24 straight minutes about the Hawks. You could probably add up any previous conversations they have had about the Hawks  and not get 24 minutes.

Was it positive?

45 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I didn’t say they were “old”, I said they’re older and we’re younger 😉 

• Like 3

What a damn comeback this game was. I stopped talking in this thread after halftime because I really wanted to focus on the adjustments that Nate would make in the second half. And wow, we pulled off the best playoff comeback in franchise history. 

Here's to hoping that we have a wire to wire win to advance to the ECF on Friday! LET'S GOOOOO.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Man o man.   i just can't watch and chat at the same time so i'm sure it's all been covered.  I honestly didn't think we'd come back.  I was just hoping to make it respectable.   

I did know that to win this series Lou and Gallo were going to have to come through for us.   But never would have guessed that Kev/Bogi would combine for 6 points and we'd win.

Nate has been super rigid in rotations all year but he got creative with it last night and did great.   I probably would have left OO in for a bit but it worked and even Capela, who had a horrendous game played tough in the fourth.

Most folks know i'm a Trae die hard and wanted us to draft him, and i realize that late 3 attempt was a very makeable shot but with a chance to ice the game you have to drive the ball in my opinion.  But hey the dude is a baller so I'm not going to question too much. 

Last 2 games;  Won 1 game where we shoot 36% overall and 30% from 3pt and another where 60% of the starting lineup goes 6-24 / 0-8 / 12 pts in a combined 86 minutes of game time.  That's hard to believe. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Man o man.   i just can't watch and chat at the same time so i'm sure it's all been covered.  I honestly didn't think we'd come back.  I was just hoping to make it respectable.   

I did know that to win this series Lou and Gallo were going to have to come through for us.   But never would have guessed that Kev/Bogi would combine for 6 points and we'd win.

Nate has been super rigid in rotations all year but he got creative with it last night and did great.   I probably would have left OO in for a bit but it worked and even Capela, who had a horrendous game played tough in the fourth.

Most folks know i'm a Trae die hard and wanted us to draft him, and i realize that late 3 attempt was a very makeable shot but with a chance to ice the game you have to drive the ball in my opinion.  But hey the dude is a baller so I'm not going to question too much. 

Yea, I'm with you, even though he did have a pretty much completely wide open look, and Ben was playing him to drive, still, he had Ben on skates and could have probably found a way to get in the lane if he wanted to. 

• Like 1

This may be evil but am hoping for a failed vocal chord surgery in the near future for Stephen A. Just so consistently intolerable. And he is a leader in the so called sports journalist industry?? Awful state it is in.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, Thomas said:

This may be evil but am hoping for a failed vocal chord surgery in the near future for Stephen A. Just so consistently intolerable. And he is a leader in the so called sports journalist industry?? Awful state it is in.

Depth. Funny to look back on those threads saying the Hawks signed too many guys that played the same position. Of course who was thinking and ECF run at that point in time lol. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, hazer said:

I didn’t say they were “old”, I said they’re older and we’re younger 😉 

Players averaging at least 15 min per game in the series, age and average series min in parentheses

Trae  22, (39)                                        Embiid  27, (36)

Bogi  28, (36)                                        Simmons  24, (35)

Kevin 22, (30)                                        Harris  28, (37)

Capela 27, (32)                                     Curry  30, (38)             

Gallo 32, (25)                                        Korkmaz  24, (20)                              

Lou  34, (15)                                          Thybullle 23, (21)

Average age: 27.5                                 Average age: 26

Did not include OO, Snell or Hill as they are averaging less than 15 min per. 

But OO is 20, (8), Snell is 29, (6), Hill is 30 (12)

Likewise, Milton, Maxey, Howard, Hill did not qualify.

So in summation, your age argument is not supported by the empirical statistical evidence.  

If someone wants to  give age weighted by min, that would get a better number, but I'm not sure how to do that. 

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

It was exactly his response in game 4 when we came back from 18 points down to win. Max Kellerman was the only one (Kendrick perkins as well) to give Atlanta credit for the comeback. SAS made it abundantly clear he's still cheering for the Sixers thanks to covering Philly teams for 17 years as a beat reporter. He gave us no credit and pinned all the blame to Philly. 

It was like a magical unicorn came out of the arena and somehow gifted the Hawks basket after basket while also running over Philly players to keep them from scoring. The Hawks weren't cold, it was that great Philly defense! When the Hawks got hot, well, it wasn't the Hawks playing well it was the great Philly defense falling apart! When the Sixers got cold, well, it wasn't the Hawks defending better. No, no! This is all about Philly. 

I'm shocked SAS doesn't show up to the games with a hunting rifle to try and snipe our magical unicorn that only shows up to gift the Hawks comeback victories.

Well, the clip that AHF watched was literally his response to game 4.  They spliced the game 4 reaction of SAS into that video.  It was not his take on game 5.  Just to be fair to him.  So, there is a reason it sounded like his game 4 reaction.  

• Thanks 1