• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

:laugh1: the hell we don’t! :angry2: I lovem!!!!! 

Dude.  I love the team and franchise unconditionally.  Maybe in the case of loving these players, the best way to show love is set them free.  We are hurting our franchise if we hold on to all of these players.  In reality it is better for some of the players if they are put in a different situation where they can learn on the job without fear of being benched.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Hawks need to start over.  They are what they are.  A mediocre team.  Who could have saw this coming?  Not me.  I said quite a bit that giving Trae early max, and then JC his $$$ was like the Falcons giving Matt Ryan and then Devonta Freeman all of that $$$;  it will be the beginning of the end, not the start of the beginning.  Nuggets were missing Jamal Murray and MPJ and still wipe us out at home. 

Hawks giving into paying JC also meant they had to pay Huerter, when they didn't need to, as he was still under his rookie contract for this year, to have him prove it.  Again, who could have seen this coming, a team that just gives out $$$ b/c of fan sentiment.  We've been seeing it for years with the Falcons.

And dont get me started on that Capela extension.. RIDICULOUS..

Hawks need to make a trade somehow..Trae, JC, Huerter, Cam, Hunter all have fatal flaws.  But b/c of that, it will be a challenge to get good value.  Trae is here to stay of course, but Who will trade for JC's $125M contract for him to help that team's defense sink to the bottom?  Or Cam, who has potential, but will he ever reach it? Dre who cant stay on the floor? Capela, who has no offensive game whatsoever?

Just damn..

Memphis is younger. Cavs are younger.. No longer an excuse...

You probably dusted this off from what you said last year at this time.   Say I'm wrong. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Unless Nate makes some drastic changes, I'm not tuning in. I'll be box score watching from now on.

I'm still gonna watch as a lot of these games where we've lost have been competitive.  Last night is the exception.  If we leave the dilemma of the wing positions out of it, we could still acquire a true backup PG capable of leading the 2nd unit and closing some games with Trae.  That would take us a long way. 

For all the talk about poor defense.  We are still a net positive team with our starters in the game.  Fix the second unit and we would get a big boost.  That's what Delon was supposed to bring.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, terrell said:

Gallo only costs us 5 million to cut right?

Cutting Gallo will make things much worse.

The big lineup will save us, but Nate doesn't realize it.

Even bringing Jalen Johnson to playin a 'big lineup' with him at SF, will save us.  

Nate believes in a little TLC though.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I'm still gonna watch as a lot of these games where we've lost have been competitive.  Last night is the exception.  If we leave the dilemma of the wing positions out of it, we could still acquire a true backup PG capable of leading the 2nd unit and closing some games with Trae.  That would take us a long way. 

For all the talk about poor defense.  We are still a net positive team with our starters in the game.  Fix the second unit and we would get a big boost.  That's what Delon was supposed to bring.  

Nate has to stop being stubborn.  In sports, some guys may play better in the game, than they do in practice. So even if a guy is making mistakes in practice, he may not make those same mistakes during a game.

With our top 2 wings out, we basically only have Kevin and Cam.  Both are decent, but both can disappear at times.  And let's keep it real, on most good teams, Kev and Cam are 2nd stringers.

TLC is a bonafide 3rd stringer who Nate has opted to give starters minutes to . . . simply based off of his defensive effort, and not necessarily his defensive impact.  And Nate refuses to play Gallo at the wing, despite him playing the wing during the playoffs and helping the team.

At this point, I don't think anyone would be extremely upset if Nate gave JJ and Sharife a chance to log major minutes with the 2nd unit, even if the Hawks STILL lost games.  We all know that Lou is in his final season, and Delon is NOT the answer at backup PG.

So why not?

At this point, Nate is trying to draw blood out of a turnip.  You can't make people be what they're not.  Trae is not a lockdown defender.  Clint isn't an offensive scoring force.  And Collins is NOT a center.  It's frustrating that the same issues we were complaining about LP when he endured the injuries last midseason, are the same things we're saying about Nate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Dude.  I love the team and franchise unconditionally.  Maybe in the case of loving these players, the best way to show love is set them free.  We are hurting our franchise if we hold on to all of these players.  In reality it is better for some of the players if they are put in a different situation where they can learn on the job without fear of being benched.  

Obviously I was joking. I too love the franchise unconditionally and here is my quick timeline with them.

2018- Trae, we drafted what we hoped to be the leader and franchise in a brand new rebuild (2017 JC but last Dwight era). ✔️ 

2019- Hunter and Cam - awesome let’s build

2020- Health concerns BUT finished strong 💪🏾 ECF game 6 knockout.

2021- Came in with the toughest schedule known to man. Fighting.. fighting with injuries… playing .500 ball but hurt despite depth. Year 3 now for Hunter and Cam.

When we built this thing, I had hopes of homegrown talent for a decade with the players we drafted and had since day 1. 

Right now:

Crossroads. Trae and JC are ready to roll. They need a 3rd 🥉 guy.

Do we consolidate our assets knowing there is a high chance we aren’t going to be keeping Hunter and Cam. Gallo is a vet with a price tag. 

I love Cam and Hunter. I don’t know what to do, honestly. Having said that,

I’m more likely to want to trade one of them (Cam or Hunter) + Gallo and possibly OKC’s first or even ours for a guy that gets in here and is ready to ride with Trae and JC. At some point, we may need to take a risk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carmine said:

Unless Nate makes some drastic changes, I'm not tuning in. I'll be box score watching from now on.

No, it’s gonna get good.. I promise.. :indifferent:..

I think we take off during Xmas 🎅 day! We beat the Knicks and win 14 straight! 

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Big ups to you, I just can't do it.

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

You probably dusted this off from what you said last year at this time.   Say I'm wrong. 

Youre wrong.. I've said some of this stuff before though.. lol

Edited by terrell

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Long travel day yesterday finished watching the game at midnight. 133 given up is unacceptable and we played olé defense in the 2nd quarter. 

Bones and Facu beat us, aren’t they backup pg’s? 🤔 I don’t know who was checking them but night after night it’s some saw'd off journeyman or rookie coming to get us.

I WAS VERY EXCITED TO SEE MY BOY OO! He looked like he has played the whole season, very smooth KD fluid specially on offense. Welcome back!

27 games till the trade deadline. We have been disappointing so far. These guys need to get it together.. and soon.

Cavs on Monday, and apparently they are good. I’m still not buying into them but they keep winning.

Go Hawks!

We got backups looking like Iverson against us, but your're not buying into the Cavs team,  that actually plays defense for 48 min?

image.jpeg.37fc7e6ad620c0e52727db5b1d89c1c5.jpeg