• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, terrell said:

Gallo only costs us 5 million to cut right?

Yes, but we're still over the $119 salary cap. We need to be under the cap to offer an outright FA deal or use the MLE of $9 million which would be the most we can offer.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

It matters which players are injured.  I'm glad to see OO back.. that will make a difference. 

Gonna take those 2 a while to get back acclimated.. We might be too far down the standings before then...Hawks arent playing hard regardless of who's out there...

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes, but we're still over the $119 salary cap. We need to be under the cap to offer an outright FA deal or use the MLE of $9 million which would be the most we can offer.

So its another Delon,  Rondo,or Dunn next season? Please God let Sharife be the real deal...

image.jpeg.059e53035b32e433b28f8d55748bb8d9.jpeg

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Oh, and stop playing TLC. This guy does not belong in the NBA, but is playing 30 minutes a game.

There is a reason Nate has been fired a million times.

TLC probably cant believe he's playing this much himself.....

Edited by terrell
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We're so fkd.....smh. We need to look for trades then...

Edited by terrell

19 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Oh, and stop playing TLC. This guy does not belong in the NBA, but is playing 30 minutes a game.

There is a reason Nate has been fired a million times.

We need a coach from Memphis staff.. They play hard every night..And dont have half the "talent" we supposedly have.....Im not going back to Hawks games if they arent gonna give 100% effort.. Hawks have no leader...Trae is the best player but no leader at all....Hes probaly tweeting and instagram wedding stuff right now..lol....They were joking and laughing after the game.. smh. You think we blow all of these leads with Morant as our PG and leader? I dont.. Trae needs to step up and be the leader this team needs...If he isnt playing hard on defense, it feeds off on our role players imo...

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I have a serious question that is a reaction to the entire season not just one game.

Is the the worst defensive team in Hawks history? I have watched this team since 1979 and can never remember a Hawks team giving up entirely on defense like this before.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I have a serious question that is a reaction to the entire season not just one game.

Is the the worst defensive team in Hawks history? I have watched this team since 1979 and can never remember a Hawks team giving up entirely on defense like this before.

Trae and Huerter were getting worked by every guard on Denver. Jeff Green put up 20 on Collins..He was avg 8 pts a game previously...Gallo and Lou were getting abused...Bad defenders all over....And its Always at least 2 or 3 of these guys on the floor at the same time...Imagine that..

Edited by terrell

12 hours ago, kg01 said:

Can we just not allow some rando beat us?  Let Jokic get hizzz, but limit the assists.  Last thing I wanna see is friggin Will Barton droppin' a 40-burger on us because we're lazy about closin' out.

Let's see a 48-minute, professional effort tonite folks.

Barton only had 5. Unfortunately, Bones Hyland, whoever that is, had 24.

• Sad 1

I got flamed so much for saying we should look to upgrade the roster last offseason.  The fascination people have with believing that if you cheer for draft picks to become the exact player the team needs that they will become that player is bizarre.  These aren’t your children.  We don’t need to love our players unconditionally.  

Another thing is Nate’s coaching.  It’s like he had to tweak what LP was doing on the fly and that worked better than his own schemes.  

The talent on the team is better than we’ve shown.  We need better results.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, terrell said:

We need a coach from Memphis staff.. They play hard every night..And dont have half the "talent" we supposedly have.....Im not going back to Hawks games if they arent gonna give 100% effort.. Hawks have no leader...Trae is the best player but no leader at all....Hes probaly tweeting and instagram wedding stuff right now..lol....They were joking and laughing after the game.. smh. You think we blow all of these leads with Morant as our PG and leader? I dont.. Trae needs to step up and be the leader this team needs...If he isnt playing hard on defense, it feeds off on our role players imo...

Trae is no CP3...  But that in itself makes me wonder...

We're a young team.   Have we succumb to the belief that it will be easy for us to get back?  At some point you get to where Dame Lillard is now.  You've been there and you start to realize that it's not going to be easy to get back.  It brings a different kind of seriousness to your play.   Still, I would love to see us totally healthy before I start talking about breaking up the team.  A lot of you have knee jerk reactions and your reactions isn't based on what this team can do... it's based on what half of this team can do and it's backups.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we don't trade... but the trade has to make sense for us now and in the future. 

• Like 1

Long travel day yesterday finished watching the game at midnight. 133 given up is unacceptable and we played olé defense in the 2nd quarter. 

Bones and Facu beat us, aren’t they backup pg’s? 🤔 I don’t know who was checking them but night after night it’s some saw'd off journeyman or rookie coming to get us.

I WAS VERY EXCITED TO SEE MY BOY OO! He looked like he has played the whole season, very smooth KD fluid specially on offense. Welcome back!

27 games till the trade deadline. We have been disappointing so far. These guys need to get it together.. and soon.

Cavs on Monday, and apparently they are good. I’m still not buying into them but they keep winning.

Go Hawks!

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

We're a young team.   Have we succumb to the belief that it will be easy for us to get back?  At some point you get to where Dame Lillard is now.  You've been there and you start to realize that it's not going to be easy to get back.  It brings a different kind of seriousness to your play.   Still, I would love to see us totally healthy before I start talking about breaking up the team.  A lot of you have knee jerk reactions and your reactions isn't based on what this team can do... it's based on what half of this team can do and it's backups.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we don't trade... but the trade has to make sense for us now and in the future. 

Hawks need to start over.  They are what they are.  A mediocre team.  Who could have saw this coming?  Not me.  I said quite a bit that giving Trae early max, and then JC his $$$ was like the Falcons giving Matt Ryan and then Devonta Freeman all of that $$$;  it will be the beginning of the end, not the start of the beginning.  Nuggets were missing Jamal Murray and MPJ and still wipe us out at home. 

Hawks giving into paying JC also meant they had to pay Huerter, when they didn't need to, as he was still under his rookie contract for this year, to have him prove it.  Again, who could have seen this coming, a team that just gives out $$$ b/c of fan sentiment.  We've been seeing it for years with the Falcons.

And dont get me started on that Capela extension.. RIDICULOUS..

Hawks need to make a trade somehow..Trae, JC, Huerter, Cam, Hunter all have fatal flaws.  But b/c of that, it will be a challenge to get good value.  Trae is here to stay of course, but Who will trade for JC's $125M contract for him to help that team's defense sink to the bottom?  Or Cam, who has potential, but will he ever reach it? Dre who cant stay on the floor? Capela, who has no offensive game whatsoever?

Just damn..

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

Memphis is younger. Cavs are younger.. No longer an excuse...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1