• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pistons

lethalweapon3

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Guys, seriously, chill. There's no need to insult each other. We're all pissed at the Hawks getting blown out but let's don't take it out on each other. 

Use that energy to yell at Nate for not playing Jalen. 

Haven't insulted him once.  Made sure not to. 

Did I insult his terrible take. I sure did. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Quote me on what I said that was over the line? Unless I'm forgetting something, everything I've said was specifically related to an opinion you hold. 

Let me be clear...NOT ONCE have I taken a personal shot at you. Unless you think me questioning your opinion is personal. But thats a YOU problem. 

I Jalen attacked you. Not in the least. Get a grip dude. 

It was the place and time and your intend. Don't play the f***ing victim.

2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Guys, seriously, chill. There's no need to insult each other. We're all pissed at the Hawks getting blown out but let's don't take it out on each other. 

Problem is, some of us ain't attacked no one but getting accused of getting personal.  That's BS

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is on Travis. He gotta build a squad that sorely fits Trae. His strengths and weaknesses 

He has tried, he drafted what we thought was size, length, defense at the wings: one keeps getting injured and the other went half cooked wanting out. He attempted trades at the deadline that didn't pan out.

Nothing to be done until the offseason.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He has tried, he drafted what we thought was size, length, defense at the wings: one keeps getting injured and the other went half cooked wanting out. He attempted trades at the deadline that didn't pan out.

He built a team that fits Stephen Curry. Not Trae Young 

This team doesn't fit Trae. Does it protect him on D effectively, no.

Are the bigs drawing cover because of Trae or themselves? Just because of Trae. 

Do we wings that fit heliocentric Basketball? No. They fit player  movement or ball movement. 

This is a team that would be effective with Steph, not Trae.

Edited by NBASupes

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Shut up Nate!

so play the guy with fresh legs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

It was the place and time and your intend. Don't play the f***ing victim.

I don't even know what the hell this means man. I questioned your opinion and you personally attack me. Accuse me of getting personal.. And come at me with f bombs. Really dude? 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Every move made sense in theory. OO, Cam, and Hunter were all defensive minded picks. Problem is two of them suck(ed) really badly and the other one gets relegated to the bench. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't even know what the hell this means man. I questioned your opinion and you personally attack me. Accuse me of getting personal.. And come at me with f bombs. Really dude? 

Obviously, that's typical of you of late. You don't understand shit.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

No. Disagree.

Cam and Dre were supposed to be our SG/SF with Capela manning the middle. Then shooters in Huerter, Bogi and Gallo.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No. Disagree.

Cam and Dre were supposed to be our SG/SF with Capela manning the middle. Then shooters in Huerter, Bogi and Gallo.

And last year when it was clicking it was all looking fantastic. I think we are blaming so and so player(s) about people not being maximized but we should be blaming something else. We should all know what it is after tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

And he may have had a few bad defensive reads, but his length is a factor on that end. He got his hands in several balls and he's a magnet for balls on rebounds. I don't see why we don't play him. 

I watched Jalen closely... It was sorta like I expected.  He will not be able to be dominant on this level because his size is not that much of a factor.   His defensive reads were not there and he was kinda lost on the offense.  However, his rebounding was superb.   However, rebounding is about athleticism and timing.   If he gets more minutes he will do better.   Almost half of his points came in garbage time so that's neither here or there. 

I think that if we're locked in at 10, he should play more minutes at PF before the playoffs starts. 

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Obviously, that's typical of you of late. You don't understand shit.

Personal attack after personal attack. And why? Because I had the audacity to question your opinion and provide data to back up my take. 

I'm honestly taken aback at the absurdity of how you are handling this. 

And again, the only thing I've done is challenge your opinion (apparently at the wrong time) as if that's some crime. 

And you've attacked me personally 3, 4, 5 times now? So who's wrong on this? It's not me. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This team doesn't fit Trae. Does it protect him on D effectively, no.

Are the bigs drawing cover because of Trae or themselves? Just because of Trae. 

Do we wings that fit heliocentric Basketball? No. They fit player  movement or ball movement. 

This is a team that would be effective with Steph, not Trae.

Schlenk sucks at team building...Give me picks 3, 19, 8, 10, 17, and 6, and I could do way better.. smh

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No. Disagree.

A SG that cant shoot and needs the ball to be effective, and a SF who cant dribble, pass, or rebound...

Add in the 2 most streaky shooters in the world in Kev and Bogi..And this is what you get...

Just damn

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

With Trae, you gotta understand he maximize bigs and the usage of screens and flares. CP3 does it as well but CP3 doesn't spam nor does he want too. CP3 is Thanos. He's all about balance. That can drive star teammates crazy like Blake Griffin and James Harden but some dudes love it and all role players love it. 

Trae is about Trae balance. Which is a mix of corner 3s created for others, putting a lot of pressure every possession on the defense, and maximize spacing with deep threes and starting the offense from the logo which drives defenses CRAZY!

Trae ball works. It's just spammy and not super complex although Trae is complex. Extremely complex. 

That said, it has its downsides like Bron ball, Luka ball, Harden ball, etc. Fit is difficult. Trae ball requires a secondary ball handler that must score on all three levels. That's a major cost requirement. Those aren't cheap, see Bogi and what occasionally Kev. 

The 3 is the least important position that I've identified in Trae ball. He really just needs to do a lot of work on D, cut when needed and stay active without the ball and make open 3s at a high clip without being in rhythm at all. 

The 4 is critical. JC fits it well but his lack of size and he needs to be protected in certain matches, with Trae, that's a no no. You can't have two players who need to be protected. That's why he has to go

The 5 is the most critical. Everything Trae does is based off the 5. I would pay a massive premium for this position. Getting Capela was critical but you reached your peak with him. Upgrade time. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

15 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No. Disagree.

In theory. In reality it doesn't work. All of them need to be in rhythm, it put too much stress on Trae taking him away from Trae ball and it's not like Cam or Dre is that efficient or effective to even dare. There is a reason our offensive rating skyrocketed when these two don't play, Hunter to a lesser extent but Cam to an extreme degree. 

In theory, it seem to make so much sense. Trae gravity. He creates corner 3s at an elite clip but there is so much more to Basketball. Do you move off the ball, do you have a good feel for the game, does your style work with Trae. 

Some of team building is luck. How the hell did you know Klay would be the perfect fit for Steph out of college. Hell, they had doubts even as Klay was in his 2nd year thinking about moving him for Kevin Love.

Team building is HARD. 

I actually liked the OO pick and still do but he's gotta mature and add range. He's not a 5 at this stage offensively. He's a 4, maybe as he gets older he can be a true hybrid like Horford but that will take years. It took Al till his 8th season.

Gallo and Bogi signing worked. Even the Kev picked worked, the question is did the contract extension work, idk yet. 

Edited by NBASupes

11 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Personal attack after personal attack. And why? Because I had the audacity to question your opinion and provide data to back up my take. 

I'm honestly taken aback at the absurdity of how you are handling this. 

And again, the only thing I've done is challenge your opinion (apparently at the wrong time) as if that's some crime. 

And you've attacked me personally 3, 4, 5 times now? So who's wrong on this? It's not me. 

You really don't get it do you. I'll let ahf deal with it. He doesn't let posters play victim. This isn't TATF. 

• Haha 1