• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

No time to sulk over this loss.  We have Joel-zilla in 22 hours in Philly.

Maybe this is what Clint was resting up for.

Yeah it would be nice if we went 2-0 without him....

Rockets and a struggling Heat team? Geez.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Their fit on D is why we are winning games but offensively, is where I am worried and I don't see an easy solution and we can't win big with them and we all know it. 

Murray is clearly a nice add. His WAR is 2.0. He's worth his price tag but if we are building around him and Trae. We aren't winning shit. 

We need another shooter with Murray on that 2nd team.  This is where Bogi will help him the most.  I would also use JJ at a point forward spot, to see if he could get the ball to Murray off the ball, with him possibly having a more clear path at the rim.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bleachkit said:

Teams are absolutely committing to defending Trae's floater. Without any three point shooting, there's no spacing. 

They used to do this a lot last year but when you got Bogi and Kevin who can make the D pay, it's like we always had spacing. 

• Like 1

As long as we got Trae. The 2 and 3 just need to be role players. One needs to defend and be versatile. The other needs to shoot and be a scorer when teams focus on Trae.

The most important position with Trae is the 5. The 5 has to be a star or else, we will never win big. The 4 can be Solo Hill. They really don't matter for Trae. For the 5, the 4 matters. The 4 must compliment the 5. If it's KAT. Okongwu needs to be the 4. If it's Capela, we just aren't good enough. If it's Sabonis, Okongwu is fine. If it's Embiid, we need to see if we can trade or sign Cam Johnson. If it's Jokic, keep JC. The 5 is critical. We gotta get a top end 5 with Trae or we can't win shit.

1 hour ago, Alf said:

Erm, isn't it up to the coach to make adjustments? Nate is really starting to irritate me with how he goes about things.

And if players don't do what they're told to do, take them out until the figure out that you mean business.  Just like Lloyd Pierce before him, I don't think some players listen to Nate at all.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Their fit on D is why we are winning games but offensively, is where I am worried and I don't see an easy solution and we can't win big with them and we all know it. 

Murray is clearly a nice add. His WAR is 2.0. He's worth his price tag but if we are building around him and Trae. We aren't winning shit. 

Idk, I think if we get either a rim protecting stretch 5 like Lopez we could win big, or a large defensive PF that can knock down threes we can also win big.  We just need the right coach imo and offensive scheme.  We need to create defensive lapses from our opponents.  Right now teams can play on auto pilot defense versus us.

The East is going to run through Milwaukee and Boston for the next decade. Gotta have defenders who can guard Giannis and Tatum and we have that in OO and Hunter. Have to keep them if you want to make it out of the East. Then the million dollar question becomes how do you build around Trae/Hunter/OO (and AJ).

And it pains me to say all this because I love Capela. But what OO brings against Giannis is too valuable for what you’re going to have to battle for the next 10 years in the Eastern Conference.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

As long as we got Trae. The 2 and 3 just need to be role players. One needs to defend and be versatile. The other needs to shoot and be a scorer when teams focus on Trae.

The most important position with Trae is the 5. The 5 has to be a star or else, we will never win big. The 4 can be Solo Hill. They really don't matter for Trae. For the 5, the 4 matters. The 4 must compliment the 5. If it's KAT. Okongwu needs to be the 4. If it's Capela, we just aren't good enough. If it's Sabonis, Okongwu is fine. If it's Embiid, we need to see if we can trade or sign Cam Johnson. If it's Jokic, keep JC. The 5 is critical. We gotta get a top end 5 with Trae or we can't win shit.

And NONE of those guys are available... Best chance is probably Ayton.. 

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

And NONE of those guys are available... Best chance is probably Ayton.. 

Even Ayton is going to be tough to get and honestly, Ayton isn't worth Murray. He's not the caliber of Murray whereas KAT is the caliber of Murray. Ayton is worth Capela but PHX will likely keep Ayton if he's motivated so even he's not available. The biggest issue Atlanta has is they don't have the ability to really fix their needs and haven't in years. They need a star 5 but none have been available. 

Murray is a star but I honestly think he would be better suited playing and starting at PG.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Keepers

Trae

Bogi (short term till Griffin is ready)

Griffin 

Okongwu

Hunter

JJ

Upgrade

Murray 

Capela

Aaron Holiday

Trade bait if the right value is out there.

JC

Justin Holiday 

We gave up 3 1st and pick swaps for Murray and you already talking about upgrading.. Not good.. lol

We're not getting 3 1sts for DJM now, so if we move him they better get a damn good player back..MInnesota will definetely need a PG.. But Murray wont fit with Gobert either....

6 minutes ago, terrell said:

We gave up 3 1st and pick swaps for Murray and you already talking about upgrading.. Not good.. lol

We're not getting 3 1sts for DJM now, so if we move him they better get a damn good player back..MInnesota will definetely need a PG.. But Murray wont fit with Gobert either....

He doesn't need to be upgraded from the sense that we need a better SG, he's just the only piece we got that can get us the piece we need. No one else can do that for us outside of Trae who we will never trade for money reasons. Murray has made us a better team, especially on D

I actually think Murray don't need to fit with Gobert on O as much. You gotta remember, we got Trae, defensive WOAT. Murray and Gobert Is gonna be the best defense in the nba. They just need to get shooters around them at the 3 and 4. They can afford to trade JC to DET for Bogey whereas we can't due to Trae. Rudy also got more gravity than Capela on offense so it's not as bad an offensive fit. 

Edited by NBASupes

16 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Idk, I think if we get either a rim protecting stretch 5 like Lopez we could win big, or a large defensive PF that can knock down threes we can also win big.  We just need the right coach imo and offensive scheme.  We need to create defensive lapses from our opponents.  Right now teams can play on auto pilot defense versus us.

So Lopez and Bobby Portis to Atlanta.. lol

6 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Even Ayton is going to be tough to get and honestly, Ayton isn't worth Murray. He's not the caliber of Murray whereas KAT is the caliber of Murray. 

Hawks scouts should be looking at College/Euroleague BIGS tape all day and night.

Draft one until you find a keeper..

Same with 3 and D wings..

Trae needs Both...

Edited by terrell

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Hawks scouts should be looking at College/Euroleague BIGS tape all day and night.

Draft one until you find a keeper..

Same with 3 and D wings..

Trae needs Both...

Trae needs a guard who is a PDS guard. Bogi is one. Kevin was one but sadly, defense will only be average at best with that tandem and that's with Gobert and Okongwu. On average, you will have the WOAT defense. Hopefully AJ develops and fills that role. 

Edited by NBASupes

25 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Lopez is fine next to Giannis but next to JC and we would get killed with Trae on the perimeter. Giannis is a substantial difference maker and getting Giannis is well, impossible. 

11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Trae needs a guard who is a PDS guard. Bogi is one. Kevin was one but sadly, defense will only be average at best with that tandem and that's with Gobert and Okongwu. On average, you will have the WOAT defense. Hopefully AJ develops and fills that role. 

Yeah I was talking about the 3 and 4 positions..

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yeah I was talking about the 3 and 4 positions..

3 is a big deal in the fact that the 3 has to be able to defend 1, 2, 3, big wings and 4s. That's already hard enough to find. Then you want them to shoot for average, that's a hard ask. That's why Hunter is irreplaceable. It's not that he's great or close. Finding someone to play this role is just extremely hard and big wings are just really hard to find in the NBA. Everyone wants them but it's hard to find. 

4 is probably the easiest position. We were winning a lot of games during the shorten season with Solo at the 4. For Trae, it doesn't matter who the 4 is. That's why I was so against giving JC that contract. I understand the value of JC especially at that time but it wasn't valuable to the best of Trae. Honestly, this is the easiest position to fill in the Trae era. We can go in so many direction honestly. 

5 is the hardest because we need an offensive star and those aren't available often.