• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

We are a mid team. The record is starting to catch up with our play. We had so much luck with our injury situation and schedule. Even our tough stretch saw us face a depleted Bucks and Raptors team and a Sacramento team that clearly had nothing left in the tank on the second of a back to back after a really intense game. One guys goes down and our utter and complete lack of depth is exposed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The areas where I think Mike will help is offensive value. The way Nate values a defensive possession is much higher than offense. It's like, we take a bad shot, he never calls a timeout but if we blow two defensive assignments in a row, guess who's calling a timeout or looking to call one, Nate. 

Nate was fine when we were trash defensively, because offensively, we can get ourselves out of slumps but these days, we can't. We need a coach who values offensive possessions like its critical. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The lack of respect of OO befuddled me on here. He's one of the best switch bigs in the NBA. Protects the rim. Has the highest TS in Hawks history. Athletic and rebounds at a great clip per36. And can defend small and bigs. There aren't many guys like him around the league but this site consistently attacks him and undervalues him. It's disgusting and honestly, shows why our collective BBIQ as a fanbase is underwhelming 

4 boards in 34 minutes for OO. Hes a backup in the NBA.. How can you say thats a good pick at #6 overall? Too small for FT center.. Cant shoot well enough for PF..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The lack of respect of OO befuddled me on here. He's one of the best switch bigs in the NBA. Protects the rim. Has the highest TS in Hawks history. Athletic and rebounds at a great clip per36. And can defend small and bigs. There aren't many guys like him around the league but this site consistently attacks him and undervalues him. It's disgusting and honestly, shows why our collective BBIQ as a fanbase is underwhelming 

If we're losing games there's always gonna be a scapegoat. Folks don't want to remember what it looks like when we're are playing well.

• Like 2

Just now, terrell said:

4 boards in 34 minutes for OO

I already said, tonight was a bad night for OO. I am talking in general. When your dumbass says he's a bust, you aren't talking just tonight, you are talking in general and your dumbass couldn't be more wrong.

• Haha 1

Just now, Atlantaholic said:

We are a mid team. The record is starting to catch up with our play. We had so much luck with our injury situation and schedule. Even our tough stretch saw us face a depleted Bucks and Raptors team and a Sacramento team that clearly had nothing left in the tank on the second of a back to back after a really intense game. One guys goes down and our utter and complete lack of depth is exposed. 

I don't quite agree with this. That one guy is really important to our defense and offense as far as the good screens he sets for the guards.

You can't on one hand discredit our wins against teams missing pieces and then on the other hand don't give any credit for who we are missing. 

I only watched half of this mess and they have work to do. Nate might be on the hot seat if things start spiraling.

• Like 3

Just now, nathan2331 said:

If we're losing games there's always gonna be a scapegoat. Folks don't want to remember what it looks like when we're are playing well.

We got a lot of scapegoats. Offense was generally trash tonight. No one had a good game for us offensively and we struggled mightly with the zone

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He didn't step up tonight and Bam did. This was definitely one of the games the naysayers can laid their heads on. We needed him and I really didn't see much on either side consistently. 

Trae and AJ was off tonight and no one really stood up to replace their scoring which obviously led to us scoring under 100 points for the 1st time all season. 

The zone took away Trae's floater and made him more perimeter.  At that point, he needs to make shots to get them out of that zone.

Then when the entire team started to miss 3s, that made it even worse.

Despite the awful shooting 2nd half, Trae ended up +2 for the game.  But when the Heat rattled off 10 points in a row when Trae was out of the game, to extend the lead to 13 points, that was too much to overcome.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, marco102 said:

I don't quite agree with this. That one guy is really important to our defense and offense as far as the good screens he sets for the guards.

You can't on one hand discredit our wins against teams missing pieces and then on the other hand don't give any credit for who we are missing. 

I only watched half of this mess and they have work to do. Nate might be on the hot seat if things start spiraling.

I'm not. I'm saying things are evening out. now We are 11-9. That is the type of record we deserve. 

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

If we can't win without Capela, we aren't a good team. We are just like Toronto and Brooklyn. Fraud tier

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I already said, tonight was a bad night for OO. I am talking in general. When your dumbass says he's a bust, you aren't talking just tonight, you are talking in general and your dumbass couldn't be more wrong.

You mad Supes? Namecalling aint gonna help your boy any.. Hes mid..

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, terrell said:

4 boards in 34 minutes for OO. Hes a backup in the NBA.. How can you say thats a good pick at #6 overall? Too small for FT center.. Cant shoot well enough for PF..

He’s a conditional center but we have to play him as a permanent one because we have no shooting

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

If we can't win without Capela, we aren't a good team. We are just like Toronto and Brooklyn. Fraud tier

You always say he's the second most important player on the team. 

I mean we can win without him.  OO has rebounding problem and he needs to solve it quickly. His defense has slipped a bit too because he's generally played Bam well. 

This loss isn't on OO, but just saying buddy has a lot of work to do if he expects to start. Just like everyone else on this team.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The zone took away Trae's floater and made him more perimeter.  At that point, he needs to make shots to get them out of that zone.

Then when the entire team started to miss 3s, that made it even worse.

Despite the awful shooting 2nd half, Trae ended up +2 for the game.  But when the Heat rattled off 10 points in a row when Trae was out of the game, to extend the lead to 13 points, that was too much to overcome.

I actually didn't think Trae was bad tonight. He just didn't hit shots. That game against Houston disgust me. His defense was WOAT shit and his playmaking was abysmal but his shot making was elite till that fell off in the 4th. He was good tonight. We lost because we couldn't score but Trae did everything he needed to do to get us the W. His D wasn't even that bad tonight. 

• Like 1