• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

Just now, NBASupes said:

If we can't win without Capela, we aren't a good team. We are just like Toronto and Brooklyn. Fraud tier

It's not like we're getting blown out though. These have been bad losses, but we have been in these games. This team has a lot of upside if we can get the ball moving instead of settling for so many low percentage shots.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The zone took away Trae's floater and made him more perimeter.  At that point, he needs to make shots to get them out of that zone.

Then when the entire team started to miss 3s, that made it even worse.

Despite the awful shooting 2nd half, Trae ended up +2 for the game.  But when the Heat rattled off 10 points in a row when Trae was out of the game, to extend the lead to 13 points, that was too much to overcome.

Trae is never at fault in your eyes. .FOR ANYTHING... Super Stan You are.  And +-is only relevant when you want it to be..

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

If we're losing games there's always gonna be a scapegoat. Folks don't want to remember what it looks like when we're are playing well.

True, but we have not been playing well. Not for a full 48 minutes.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, marco102 said:

You always say he's the second most important player on the team. 

I mean we can win without him.  OO has rebounding problem and he needs to solve it quickly. His defense has slipped a bit too because he's generally played Bam well. 

This loss isn't on OO, but just saying buddy has a lot of work to do if he expects to start. Just like everyone else on this team.

I did but I also said if we are a good team, we can win RS games with missing pieces. If you can't beat the barebones Heat and worst team in the NBA without Capela than we really aren't any good anyway

Just now, terrell said:

Trae is never at fault in your eyes. .FOR ANYTHING... Super Stan You are.  And +-is only relevant when you want it to be..

Trae did what he needed to do to get us the W. 

16 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Opposing Sfs are averaging 21.5ppg on Hunter...... but the eye test shows that they are having their way too...

I think Martin's shots will show that he got his vs a plethora of people.   He got a lot of points in transition.  He got Hunter a few times, but it wasn't like he was cooking Hunter.

Yeah . . here are Martin's shots

Video and Shotcharts | Stats | NBA.com

I would not 100 percent say that right now OO is a 'bust'. However, for the number 6 overall pick in the draft, he simply has to play better than what he currently is. Would be different if he was a mid to late secound rounder. but he's not. Still say I would have preferred we took Vassell at that spot instead, but that is neither here nor there now.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I think Martin's shots will show that he got his vs a plethora of people.   He got a lot of points in transition.  He got Hunter a few times, but it wasn't like he was cooking Hunter.

Yeah . . here are Martin's shots

Video and Shotcharts | Stats | NBA.com

Anyone saying Hunter is getting cooked ain't watching the Hawks games

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

True, but we have not been playing well. Not for a full 48 minutes.

Of course not. I just mean that individually criticizing players when they're slumping is poor analysis. It's obvious as a team we're not playing good basketball, but shipping guys out alone isn't going to change things. McMillan needs to step up and right the ship. No excuse for us to still be relying on Trae and Murray alone to be creating the majority of our offense.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Honestly as long as the ownership is penny and diming all these things we are discussing are moot. We are never competing for a championship if we are in the give away young players for nothing so we don't have to pay luxury tax mode. Had we come into the season with Huerter our lack of three point shooting isn't a major issue. Even if OO starts looking like the player he did in that few week stretch last year then we'll let Cap walk and have the same lack of depth. Ownership set the tone this year, until they are committed to winning a championship it won't matter much what else transpires or who is coaching the team. The league is waaaay too competitive to give away talent for nothing and hope to be the best.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, nathan2331 said:

Of course not. I just mean that individually criticizing players when they're slumping is poor analysis. It's obvious as a team we're not playing good basketball, but shipping guys out alone isn't going to change things. McMillan needs to step up and right the ship. No excuse for us to still be relying on Trae and Murray alone to be creating the majority of our offense.

Oh. I agree. 

You talk to Nathan lately about fixing this crap, 😆?

• Haha 2

Just now, benhillboy said:

And yet another night where I don’t see a single back cut from the Hawks. Those usually do okay against zone smh.

Nate obviously needs an “offensive guru” but y’all can have D’Antoni.  His fast pace will lead to a lot of transition opportunities for the opposition with Trae on the floor.  An easy way to rank 30th.

We also would have to shoot much better

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

So, what did you do to counter Nathan?

Erm, isn't it up to the coach to make adjustments? Nate is really starting to irritate me with how he goes about things.

• Like 1