• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 hours ago, REHawksFan said:

My question is what should the offense be with Murray and Trae on court together? Cuz them trading off who is going to dribble for 15 seconds and then take a shot or pass isn't working. It's like we're playing 4 on 5 when both are in the game. How do we create an offense utilizing both players? 

The Lineups say that it actually HAS been working.  It's just that people hate the "take turns" offense.  

Trae + Dejounte have been a positive on the floor together.

Trae's best 2-man partner has been Dejounte:

image.thumb.png.00dfffd421df92cc6366235f49af911c.png

Dejounte's best 2-man partner has been Capela, with Trae 2nd.

image.thumb.png.b71de655492b6f71bde955e198bd7997.png

What you're seeing in both of Trae's and Dejounte's 2-man combos, is that they're not producing positive lineup numbers with our bench personnel.

Our starting lineup has played well with each other.  The problems are arising when we mix the starters in with the bench personnel, if 3 or more guys are in the lineup.

image.thumb.png.b764b85a381eba0a9f936fdb5246d662.png

image.png

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

The Lineups say that it actually HAS been working.  It's just that people hate the "take turns" offense.  

Trae + Dejounte have been a positive on the floor together.

Trae's best 2-man partner has been Dejounte:

image.thumb.png.00dfffd421df92cc6366235f49af911c.png

Dejounte's best 2-man partner has been Capela, with Trae 2nd.

image.thumb.png.b71de655492b6f71bde955e198bd7997.png

What you're seeing in both of Trae's and Dejounte's 2-man combos, is that they're not producing positive lineup numbers with our bench personnel.

Our starting lineup has played well with each other.  The problems are arising when we mix the starters in with the bench personnel, if 3 or more guys are in the lineup.

image.thumb.png.b764b85a381eba0a9f936fdb5246d662.png

image.png

The loss of Gallo, Bogi and KH is why. The Holidays were never going to be good replacements. 

Gallo would have been a bigger deal this season than last.

Edited by Plainview1981
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not giving him jack. 

Playing different lineups sure, but no difference in how the offense is run.

Clint was out, so he had no choice. Still played a 9man rotation.

Murray plus Bench at the start of 4th quarters keep loosing leads/ground, but he's done ZERO to alter those lineups.

Keep doing the same thing expecting a different result - INSANITY.

I was trying to be nice for once.. lol

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Marvin24Williams said:

The offense really needs a revamp. Nate should be on the hot seat. The difference in quality of offense being generated between the Hawks and Miami was embarrassing. The ball was swinging side to side for Miami. Meanwhile this team was trying to break a zone with no off ball movement or passing. Just gross basketball.

DJM's dad liked this tweet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Call me old school or whatever, but I think it's insane to construct an NBA team w/o having at least 1 person who can post up and get a needed basket in a half court set when needed. We have no matchup advantage against anyone, xcpt Trae (on offense)! No shooting in the starting 5. Only 2 players that can dribble without tripping over their feet. No passing at all besides the guards(And thats usually at the end of the shotclock)... What is Our identity?

I'm sorry but I feel like $$$ is being stolen from Ressler.... We're being Fed a Defective product... don't let the occasional wins cloud your judgement... snap out of denial...We need a competent GM along with his Coach of choice to implement the master plan!!!

Schlenk and Nate? No thank you.....Ill start attending games again when at least one of these clowns are gone.. Preferrably BOTH...

As bad as Nate is most of the time, you cant blame him for this shitty ass roster construction..

Edited by terrell

55 minutes ago, terrell said:

Call me old school or whatever, but I think it's insane to construct an NBA team w/o having at least 1 person who can post up and get a needed basket in a half court set when needed. We have no matchup advantage against anyone, xcpt Trae (on offense)! No shooting in the starting 5. Only 2 players that can dribble without tripping over their feet. No passing at all besides the guards(And thats usually at the end of the shotclock)... What is Our identity?

I'm sorry but I feel like $$$ is being stolen from Ressler.... We're being Fed a Defective product... don't let the occasional wins cloud your judgement... snap out of denial...We need a competent GM along with his Coach of choice to implement the master plan!!!

Schlenk and Nate? No thank you.....Ill start attending games again when at least one of these clowns are gone.. Preferrably BOTH...

As bad as Nate is most of the time, you cant blame him for this shitty ass roster construction..

This is sadly what it is. To me, we have the pieces, we just don't have the fit. It's like we tried to fix this team which did raise our floor only to lower our ceiling. It's basically like we are Minnesota East.

• Sad 1

• Moderators

Nate deserves heat but this is not a good roster.   A lot of guys who aren't good decision makers with the ball in their hands coupled with an uncreative offense is a recipe for disaster.  No one on the roster has played consistently well recently.  

But we have to turn this around.  We can't afford a lost season.  So whether it's trades, new coach or both we need to get moving on it. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Was never a fan of getting rid of anyone, me. In fact, in some circles here, I'm no doubt infamous for pleading for people to not be so dismissive of the evidence that the 2021 EC Finals group (Real Hawks) needed to be maintained as best as reasonable/possible.

Had no choice but to part with Gallo. As it turned out, at least his salary became useful for landing a new high-end asset, though the reality is we paid for that asset via 1sts.

By the analysis of most, BogBog was not likely to yield much of an asset in return because of his salary in combination with the doubts about his health. We would have been practically giving him away.

But did we have to send out KVon? Well, he was the only one of the three that was actually going to bring back some asset of some value, but no, I believe Kirschner recently affirmed what many of you suspected, that the front office didn't feel we had to send out KVon... that came from somewhere else that Kirschner apparently figured we could figure out for ourselves.

"True to Atlanta," Tony? You still mean that?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

For the record, I was never a fan of getting rid of Gallo or Kevin. I would've parted with Bogi first.

Gallo's ability to shoot and create at the 4 spot is sorely missed right now.  Even that would be moot right now, with him being injured.

As many know, I pushed to keep both Gallo and Delon.  They were two very important parts of our 2nd unit.   But as you said, Gallo was hurt preseason and is out for the year.   That being the case, you have to make up for the skillset. 

All this talk last season about JJ this and JJ that.   JJ is not the answer.   He's low BBIQ on the floor.   He's Athletic and that's about it.   We need somebody who can score inside and out.    A coaching change is on the way and what the coach is going to have to do is find a way to get us out of the mode of inside out thinking.    That's all we do is play outside and hope that we can create something inside.   My hope is that we find somebody who can keep our guys moving.   Moving without the ball.  Obviously Nate doesn't preach it enough because we started the season moving and things worked well... but now we're back to guys just standing around on the three point line waiting to get the ball for their iso.

"But it's only one game."  I know.  This is the second time you've said this.  Two stinkers in a row!

Outplayed.  If we are going to play up or down to our competition could we please find a top team to play!  Last night, facing an opponent with everyone out, Hawks looked terrible in the 2nd half.

Fix Capela's teeth!  Trade for Mark Williams, Hornet's G League center.  

Tonight we play again.  Or, hopefully, we play and don't just stand around like zombies while our opponent runs all over us.  Dang, we sure miss our center.  

🥲

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

This is sadly what it is. To me, we have the pieces, we just don't have the fit. It's like we tried to fix this team which did raise our floor only to lower our ceiling. It's basically like we are Minnesota East.

The elephant in the room is Trae.

He drastically reduces the flexibility of what we can do with our roster with his piss poor defense. We sacrificed our elite shooting to give us a chance to not be the worst defensive team in the league.

I would love to be proven wrong but I'm struggling to figure what players we can realistically get that can fix our shooting while maintaining our middle of the road defense.

Maybe a coaching change can miraculously fix our offense.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

For the record, I was never a fan of getting rid of Gallo or Kevin. I would've parted with Bogi first.

Gallo's ability to shoot and create at the 4 spot is sorely missed right now.  Even that would be moot right now, with him being injured.

I get this sentiment, but I don’t really see how we’d have been better off keeping Gallo and Kev over Bogi. 

Gallo is old and injury prone, and his injury this offseason backs up the decision not to resign. 

Kevin and Bogi are redundant 3 and no D players. It would’ve cost us to get rid of Bogi, and Kevin got us assets. Watching Kevin play Atlanta was a good reminder of why his loss wasn’t a huge problem. 

AJ will surpass all of them if given the opportunity they’ve had. He’s no Thabo on D, but he can and will be better than any of the other options here. And I think he could get us buckets as well or better. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

Udoka, Synder and Kenny Atkinson are potential targets.

Udoka = I don't know what he is... Both of his assistants have gone on to HCing jobs and they are doing FAN Tastic.  Makes you wonder... was it him?

Synder & Atkinson = Nah...  These guys have failed with talent.   I know people like Synder because he's one of Bud's boys (so is Atkinson I guess) but what has Synder done?  Underachieved in the playoffs...  Plus no Good GM will hire Synder.  Synder has control issues.   That's why he left Utah right?  That's why he left Mizzou Right?  Well, that's besides the point. 

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

From my source: growing belief Nate won't last the season inside the front office. He has been so thoroughly outcoached by the Heat and other top five NBA coaches that even Ressler is noticing and demanding answers. 

Udoka, Synder and Kenny Atkinson are potential targets.

My personal potential target:  A player!

G LEAGUE - - Hornet's - - Center - - Mark Williams - 7'+ - - Drafted last summer.

🥰

Edited by Gray Mule
  • Haha 3