• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Sothron said:

From my source: growing belief Nate won't last the season inside the front office. He has been so thoroughly outcoached by the Heat and other top five NBA coaches that even Ressler is noticing and demanding answers. 

Udoka, Synder and Kenny Atkinson are potential targets.

Snyder would be nice.  Our roster is not terribly unlike Jazz with a touch less shooting, but I think he has the creativity and offensive focus to make us elite on that end of the floor, even as constructed.  Atkinson would be nice too.  I think you have to make a coaching change before making any drastic roster moves.  In my opinion, it's really hard to tell just how flawed the roster is with Nate at the helm.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

This is sadly what it is. To me, we have the pieces, we just don't have the fit. It's like we tried to fix this team which did raise our floor only to lower our ceiling. It's basically like we are Minnesota East.

I still think our bench pieces are the biggest issue right now, not our starting lineup fit.  We don't have any contributers coming off the bench right now with Bogi out, which is the biggest problem on the roster imo.  Arbor day, flag day, and two rooks that barely have NBA minutes.  And OO has been inconsistent this year.

36 minutes ago, yungsta said:

I would love to be proven wrong but I'm struggling to figure what players we can realistically get that can fix our shooting while maintaining our middle of the road defense.

KD lol

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Gallo would have been a bigger deal this season than last.

Huh? Gallo has been injured all year what are you talking about? You want Gallo sitting on the sidelines so you can stare at him? That’s one thing but he wasn’t gonna help $hit on the court let’s not say things that aren’t true.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member

One thing I don't really understand is Bogi's situation.  Are we slow rolling his recovery because we have a trade lined up?  I feel like updates on him are few and far between and this wasn't some acute injury he's recovering from

• Sad 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Arbor day, flag day, and two rooks that barely have NBA minutes.  And OO has been inconsistent this year.

this is funny and true.   But this was also easy to predict and many of us did.   I never understood the talk that we were a deep team (which many asserted) when we had two journeymen and unproven players.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

For the record, I was never a fan of getting rid of Gallo or Kevin. I would've parted with Bogi first.

Not me I woulda done what Schlenk did. And now, I would do what Schlenk should do, can some tuna. 

NATE IS THE PROBLEM FOLKS. 

Pierce= Nate And that’s a slap 👋 in Nate face cuz he’s been around 20+ years and Lloyd was his first gig.

46 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

But it's only one game."

Not anymore Gramps we gotta make that move yesterday as @macdaddyindicated. We can’t waste another season by thinking Nate is gonna learn how to draw X’s and O’s All of a sudden.

Players stop listening to Nate.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

I’d like to see what someone like Snyder or Udoka can do with our roster before we go blowing up our core.

Same kinda thing happened in 94 for Don Nelson and Webber. Warriors shipped Webber to keep Nellie. It was a mistake. As good as Nellie was, that team needed a new voice but they kept the coach and got rid of CWebb.

KEEP JOHN (for now) keep the core and get rid of Nate and his whole freakin staff, Punty, Nate’s son.. everyone.

• Like 1

When a team, regardless of the sport, has a "Winning Problem" there is two solutions:

1- Fire the entire team and replace them with other players.

2- Fire the coach.

There.  We all can see that one choice here is far better than the other.

Sorry Nate.  Looks like this team has quit on you.  They no longer believe.  They keep playing but they don't have "it" when it comes down to the part that really matters.

🥲

• Like 2

This is under the category or what’s one thing gotta do with another BUT…

Wasn’t Nate’s son Jamelle in a relationship with Ben Simmons sister? Yea, that tells me enough about his judgement, IT STINKS, and now I have to watch his less than mediocre a$$ interviewed at halftime by Lauren Jbari whose he’s tryin to be “cute with and flirt with” the whole time..

BROTHER THIS AINT LOVE CONNECTION. Take your broke a$$ bags home 🏡.

Ya, no, he shouldn’t be on the sidelines. I bet father and son do NOTHING to prepare the Hawks for games.

This ain’t a chemistry thing anymore.

Even if we get the chemistry back with Bogi and everyone, Nate still sucks a$$, PERIOD.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

True to Atlanta," Tony? You still mean that?

Good to see you panic before the 25 game mark, sorry to wake you up you got another 5 games of WLWLL algorithm of success from the Hawks left.. ugh 😩 

NATE IS A GONER. Today would be better than tomorrow.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'm not sure who's trading for him right now.  Is there a team who needs a guy who can stand on one leg and shoot?

I don't know if you guys know this.. but based on logic...

we probably floated Bogi's name this summer for trade and other teams were like nah... Damaged goods and we shipped off Kevon.

Bogi will be a Hawk til his contract is up and at the same time, I don't know if Bogi will ever be better than 75%.