• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: heat at Hawks

lethalweapon3

58 points in the paint and we only had 34 and once again gave the opposing team way too much time to find space to shoot. I love my Hawks, Lord knows I do, but damn hard to watch the majority of the time.

Hey at least I enjoyed watching the Skyhawks win today, even met a couple of the players:thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bonkers said:

There are no Superstars on this team

I'm hoping that one day AJ can evolve into one someday. It won't happen with a Nate as the coach tho

There are In delusional Hawks fans minds only.. 

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

Just now, Marvin24Williams said:

Can we fire Nate yet? This team struggling in the 3rd against the zone was embarrassing. Shades of Lloyd Pierce

I am even at the point, we gotta try someone different with different tactics. I don't like Mike D'Antoni but @Diesel has a point. We gotta get an offensive minded coach in here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alf said:

58 points in the paint and we only had 34 and once again gave the opposing team way too much time to find space to shoot. I love my Hawks, Lord knows I do, but damn hard to watch the majority of the time.

Hey at least I enjoyed watching the Skyhawks win today, even met a couple of the players:thumbsup:

I felt our defense was solid for most of the night. Shit, we gave up 106 points. That's usually a win for us

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

He had a really fantastic stretch last year... but it was literally like 3 weeks and other than that he's not very good. He's oddly a great defensive matchup against Giannis at least. 

He is our Ruben Patterson. Hate to see it. Capela is much better than him. OO seems to never be a confident shooter.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

We just didn't make enough shots when we needed them. It's a make or miss league and it's hard to win when you shoot at 40%

3rd quarter shot chart:

image.png.dd400d0ab8458b43752a6da603c071c7.png

4th quarter shot chart:

image.png.c5a614793bbe9d3863da1bd63185f65c.png

2nd half shooting:  

• Trae:  1 - 8
  • AJ:  0 - 6
  • Dejounte:  2 - 9
  • Hunter:  1 - 5
  • Collins:  6 - 7
  • Frank:  2 - 3
  • Okongwu:  0 - 3
  • Forrest:  1 - 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I felt our defense was solid for most of the night. Shit, we gave up 106 points. That's usually a win for us

I guess we watched different games friend. I thought we were putrid again and the amount of points we give up on average is not sustainable for the long term.

1 minute ago, GameTime said:

He is our Ruben Patterson. Hate to see it. Capela is much better than him. OO seems to never be a confident shooter.

The lack of respect of OO befuddled me on here. He's one of the best switch bigs in the NBA. Protects the rim. Has the highest TS in Hawks history. Athletic and rebounds at a great clip per36. And can defend small and bigs. There aren't many guys like him around the league but this site consistently attacks him and undervalues him. It's disgusting and honestly, shows why our collective BBIQ as a fanbase is underwhelming 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The lack of respect of OO befuddled me on here. He's one of the best switch bigs in the NBA. Protects the rim. Has the highest TS in Hawks history. Athletic and rebounds at a great clip per36. And can defend small and bigs. There aren't many guys like him around the league but this site consistently attacks him and undervalues him. It's disgusting and honestly, shows why our collective BBIQ as a fanbase is underwhelming 

Just like you do John and stop insulting people's intelligence like you are some basketball savant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Quietest triple double ever for Herro.

I can’t even prop OO up on this one.  Bam totally finessed him and Dre after a slow start.

I usually save the critique and avoid all the arguments because I never expected much from this squad but this was pathetic.    Couldn’t even match the competitiveness of Martin and Ded.

That was all about coaching.

Miami started running that short pick and roll with Herro coming off the wing.  Murray got caught behind Herro far too many times, and Bam had easy pickings at the rim over OO.

That got them back in the game very quickly, and they never looked back.

• Like 2

Well at least Nate tried….. He has clearly moved on from the Holiday bros…… playing AJG and JJ but this team is TRASH.

We got what we thought would be among the best backcourt in the game but they are….. meh.

Collins and Hunter….. meh.

Tear this crap down and build with AJG…… everybody else can get the hell out of here. Dead ass serious.