• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Cavaliers at Hawks

lethalweapon3

The win is great, I ain’t gonna feel sorry for the Cavs missing 2 starters.  I just feel somber every time AJ is DNP-ed, sh*t ain’t right man.  I would hope he knows beforehand at least.

DJ for sure brought it home and Bey got this +/- thing down to a science lol.  I been on Clint ass but he stepped up throughout the game when it looked like the dribble penetration was gonna be all up in his kitchen all night.  I like Vit in spot minutes, he’s intelligent enough to read what’s happening and what he can provide that’s needed.  OO got his own thread for praises due.

Never cared for Mitchell in Utah, Cleveland is a different story. That kid will pour it on you like Al Green wife with hot grits.

Leggo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I loved Murray and Okongwu tonight. Hunter and Trae gonna bring it the next game. 

Bruh.. Dre so methodical,. slow footed,  with butter fingers.. Geez..

• Like 1

• Premium Member

IF the other teams didn't foul Dre and the refs call it, he would butterfinger us out of all of our games.  It's like clockwork... Dre gets the ball...  stumbles, loses it... other team scores.  Even though Bey doesn't play the same quality of defense that Dre does, Bey hustles better, holds the ball better and is totally positive when he's on the floor. 

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

That kid will pour it on you like Al Green wife with hot grits.

Aside: I pride myself on knowing about the pop artists of that time, and somehow this story escaped me. So, I had to go look it up.

And wow. Wasn't his wife, but some married psychotic suicidal woman who unfortunately for Al Green was absolutely star struck. Killed herself right after sneaking up behind him and pouring said hot grits down his back.

https://www.beachamjournal.com/journal/2021/10/al-greens-girlfriend-scalded-him-with-hot-grits-and-then-killed-herself-on-this-day-in-1974-47-years.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, sturt said:

Aside: I pride myself on knowing about the pop artists of that time, and somehow this story escaped me. So, I had to go look it up.

And wow. Wasn't his wife, but some married psychotic suicidal woman who unfortunately for Al Green was absolutely star struck. Killed herself right after sneaking up behind him and pouring said hot grits down his back.

https://www.beachamjournal.com/journal/2021/10/al-greens-girlfriend-scalded-him-with-hot-grits-and-then-killed-herself-on-this-day-in-1974-47-years.html

I thought that was an interesting even poetic turn of phrase of @benhillboy.  Woah.  Learned something new this morning.

Wait, I just saw the boxscore. OO played 20 minutes???? :huh: Omg. It felt like 35 minutes and I was like NICE! FINALLY! All the production in those limited minutes? 

He’s not a scorer either but 21 in 20 minutes is more than a point a minute and I didn’t even major in math 🧮

Okongwu doesn’t like to lose. If we can get our ish together we might have a run in us during the playoffs with O just refusing buckets in the paint. 

TIME TO SHORE UP THE PERIMETER D! Lock it down for the playoffs baby let’s go!

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Nate would have lost that game and we just beat one of the top teams in the East, taking the season series from them no less.  We are playing up to good teams (when we hit shots) and we're playing down to teams we should beat.  We're so much better than a play-in spot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s settled them since we couldn’t get scraps for him we bring him off the pine 🌲. That’s the answer… yeaaa

:batman:

Or perhaps...just hear me out... some of those bench guys should be starting next year.   Or maybe even some new guys.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, benhillboy said:

The win is great, I ain’t gonna feel sorry for the Cavs missing 2 starters.  I just feel somber every time AJ is DNP-ed, sh*t ain’t right man.  I would hope he knows beforehand at least.

DJ for sure brought it home and Bey got this +/- thing down to a science lol.  I been on Clint ass but he stepped up throughout the game when it looked like the dribble penetration was gonna be all up in his kitchen all night.  I like Vit in spot minutes, he’s intelligent enough to read what’s happening and what he can provide that’s needed.  OO got his own thread for praises due.

Never cared for Mitchell in Utah, Cleveland is a different story. That kid will pour it on you like Al Green wife with hot grits.

Leggo.

Agreed on Bey.

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, AHF said:

interesting even poetic

Yes. To both.

But not funny.

When I read it, I thought it was funny.

Now that I know... too tragic. Altered his life severely, and obliterated hers. This isn't a good week to laugh about psychotic people, that's all.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

IF the other teams didn't foul Dre and the refs call it, he would butterfinger us out of all of our games.  It's like clockwork... Dre gets the ball...  stumbles, loses it... other team scores.  Even though Bey doesn't play the same quality of defense that Dre does, Bey hustles better, holds the ball better and is totally positive when he's on the floor. 

Dre might be the better overall player(in theory), but Bey is the better fit with Trae and Murray IMO

Dre does very little above average. He is an average shooter. He is an average scorer. He is an average defender. He can't pass, dribble, or rebound,  Plus, he has a slow release and shoots 3s at a low volume.

Bey is an aggressive gunner who is physical and likes contact on both ends. He is also a smarter player than. Hunter.

Pay Bey and trade Collins and Hunter.

And get well soon JJ...

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2