• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Cavaliers

lethalweapon3

5 hours ago, Carmine said:

Wow, we couldn't have gone either way with Doncic or Young. Credit to the Hawks FO for being risk takers and bringing in a young playmaking talent. Feels so good to finally hit one out of the park. Tr@3wAy!

Trae has way more upside too imo. Only 1 yr of college ball, as opposed to Doncic, whos been playing pro ball for years...

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheTruth said:

Can i just say, I'm Hella annoyed that I ran out of likes during and after yesterday's game. There has been so much gold posted today! 

I didn't even get through 2 pages without running out,smh.

While stoked for Trae, Huerter, and especially Spellman, in regards to thinking anyone who does not love the 3-5 swap was massively wrong feels premature.  Even if Trae is ROY, still not loving the protections on the Mavs pick.  Furthermore, Doncic did put up 26 against Minny and it is hard not to think they might be a bit stouter defense.

This need not be a zero sum gain.  In addition, regardless of whom we hoped for in the draft, seeing our 5th overall pick put up one of the finest rookie games in NBA history that more importantly led to a win is fantastic news.  

• Like 1

On 10/21/2018 at 6:22 PM, Peoriabird said:

Someone said...I think @Alexthat Trae won't be able to get his shot off in the NBA...LOL!

I don’t recall ever saying that, but let’s ignore factual things.  Been out of town and just got back home tonight.  Looks like a fantastic game for him.  That is good to see.

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

I'm sorry.  Was watching, not posting.  Had sports-wood since that 2nd quarter.

What's that?  Pics or it didn't happen?  Well, if you insist ....

Reveal hidden contents

gun boner

Wtffff...how bout a NSFW warning ⚠️ a$$! @sturt and I are at work...lol.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Kg's mod chances :

giphy.gif

Good god that’s awesome ? @macdaddy has had it lately! His pick Trae is a star, he’s got all the Costanza leave on a high note one liners... he’s growing on me like Schlenk! 

GO HAWKS!!!

@hazer Remember I did say Trae top 5 in Hawks history and you pulled the reigns on me a bit but accept it. I’m sticking to it. I mean he will never top Nique as my favorite guy ever but you cannot deny the entire package Trae has shown us thus far. Where’s the good doctor ?‍⚕️ btw ahhhh whatever he’s here or not it don’t matter what matters is we have a nice present and bright future and I’ve had a dumb grin on my face all day and been overly nice to people...I dunno I’m losin it. Ayyyyyyeee @kg01 how’s the Sac bbq’s this year? Got any of that seasonal ale you guys drink? If so, cheers! Trae day!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Wtffff...how bout a NSFW warning ⚠️ a$$! @sturt and I are at work...lol.

Man, does sturty ever get a day off?  Sheesh that man works hard.  Welp, I guess somebody's gotta keep the pole nice and greased up.  Can't have the ladies gettin' pole-burn when they ... what?  Ah man, it's an all ladies firefighter crew.  Get yer minds outta the gutter.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Man, does sturty ever get a day off?  Sheesh that man works hard.  Welp, I guess somebody's gotta keep the pole nice and greased up.  Can't have the ladies gettin' pole-burn when they ... what?  Ah man, it's an all ladies firefighter crew.  Get yer minds outta the gutter.

Stripper pole her/his income. Sturt works a whopping 8 days a week! I’m worried about his minutes for real. He’s like a Michael Finley out there. I mean we all know he’s great but don’t play him the full 48! Get the man a blow.... aaaaannnddd back to the pole..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Stripper pole her/his income. Sturt works a whopping 8 days a week! I’m worried about his minutes for real. He’s like a Michael Finley out there. I mean we all know he’s great but don’t play him the full 48! Get the man a blow.... aaaaannnddd back to the pole..

He definitely works that 8-day work week.  It's ok though, his bosses told him he could take the entire month of Smarch off and he takes a personal day on the 32nd of every month.

#Dedication?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
37 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t recall ever saying that, but let’s ignore factual things.  Been out of town and just got back home tonight.  Looks like a fantastic game for him.  That is good to see.

You're right I misquoted you... This is what you said.

I am not going to re-explain why I think he’s a bad player from what I saw in college.  Shot selection, inefficient, lack of quickness/athleticism, no strength, and port defense is what I saw.  He’s raw and young and sure he can get better, but I mean not banking on that.  Yes I can be wrong too and I am going into this with an open mind.  I am not an expert by any means so it will be interesting to see how he handles things.