• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bulls at Hawks

lethalweapon3

3 things frustrating me about cam is....

1. he’s over thinking plays a lot of the time to me. Like he goes through with whatever the play call is no matter what and I guess what I’m saying is sometimes it looks like (at least from the tv side of things) there’s enough space for him to just pull up instead of going through with that dribble handoff play.

2. That brings me to my second frustration which is his aggressiveness. Cam need to swag it up as the young folks say and be more aggressive when he’s sees an opening or a look he knows he can make. I don’t care if cam miss it or not get some attitude in your scoring game

3. Third thing is his driving turnovers is driving me nuts!...Not because it’s a turnover but because he’s scared about the contact! Cam can handle the ball but he fears getting roughed up 

20 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Reddish got a lot of work to do. It can happen but it is a lot. Needs to work on his dribble and strength training.

It can happen but it is a lot. Personally view him as a project and would've redshirted to work on that, buuuuuuut, we're still in rebuild mode so we don't mind throwing them out there.

I don’t think cam has dribble problems I believe he’s just afraid of contact and well there’s nothing you can do about that as a coach. Cam has to overcome that on his own .

29 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yep. LUka is lighting it up tonight. He never has off games..Huerter was the 19th pick.Hunter is 7 games into his career..And Spellman is sooooo much better than Jones..

Luka is not exactly lighting it up tonight. 38.5 from the field, 0 for 4 from downtown, 5 assist and 4 turnovers. Its still only in the late 3rd; but just saying. Which I am sue you are also with your reply to Plainview.

He just made two in a row, 46.7 now lol

Edited by Buzzard

17 minutes ago, JTB said:

I don’t think cam has dribble problems I believe he’s just afraid of contact and well there’s nothing you can do about that as a coach. Cam has to overcome that on his own .

He got a loose handles issue. He also got a mindset issue when attacking. I always felt that part of his game was going to take some real time to develop. Not just more experience but real training. 

I think the reason why Cam is so noticable is he always beats people off the dribble and it should be free throws for 90% of the league but not for Cam. Its a strip. Most of the strips weren't turnovers tonight but they didn't help us either. Cam just needs to keep it simple. Bembry is the king of keeping it simple. Just go downhill.

The biggest issue with Collins out is spacing is much worse. Collins movement is so damn underrated 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Somebody was getting chewed out! Looking at you Cam.

Get at 'em, Melle Mel!

Watch out for Trae's foot next time, tho!

Even Bobby Knight is like, "whoa, pilgrim! Don't be so hard on the Beavers!"

The kids were like, "Whatever, Boomer." lol They have definitely seen Hunt's act on a few occasions already!

~lw3

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, JTB said:

3 things frustrating me about cam is....

1. he’s over thinking plays a lot of the time to me. Like he goes through with whatever the play call is no matter what and I guess what I’m saying is sometimes it looks like (at least from the tv side of things) there’s enough space for him to just pull up instead of going through with that dribble handoff play.

2. That brings me to my second frustration which is his aggressiveness. Cam need to swag it up as the young folks say and be more aggressive when he’s sees an opening or a look he knows he can make. I don’t care if cam miss it or not get some attitude in your scoring game

3. Third thing is his driving turnovers is driving me nuts!...Not because it’s a turnover but because he’s scared about the contact! Cam can handle the ball but he fears getting roughed up 

Everything that Cam is showing with the Hawks, he showed at Duke.  Whether it was because of injury, how he was used, or whatever, the inconsistency you're seeing from him so far, is exactly how he played at Duke.

The one thing that has instantly transferred from college to the NBA, is his defense.  His defense, for the most part, has been above average.  As an offensive player, he hasn't quite solidified what he does well yet.

How about this for a hot take.  Does Coach K really develop players for the NBA at Duke?  I don't think Cam developed at all there, unless it was on the defensive end.

• Moderators

#WellActually'ing LP, but the 1st B2B was the vs Philly/at Miami pair (Oct 28/29), the latter game much more of a 'failure' than the former, but that was marred further by Trae's ankle injury at the time.

12 more to go on the season, but the next B2B will be the weekend after next at Staples Center (at LAC/at LAL 16/17). Two more after that this month (at DET/vs TOR 22/23, at IND/at HOU 29/30)

~lw3

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, terrell said:

Yep. LUka is lighting it up tonight. He never has off games..Huerter was the 19th pick.Hunter is 7 games into his career..And Spellman is sooooo much better than Jones..

Huerter is playing like a 2nd rounder.

Hunter should be a ready now player now player, but only looks ok.

Luka is a more versatile player. Reddish is showing almost no skills at all.

• Premium Member

Luckily the NBA season isn’t 162 games like baseball. Can you imagine losing 62 games (despite winning 100) and seeing some of the reactions on here? We sucked, it happens...

They probably celebrated a big win last night a little too much. It’s going to be up and down for us, but don’t get caught up sulking in the down. Enjoy the long term process and move on to the next game. We are young and our true victories this season will be seeing individual growth in our young players and hoping that the team can push for a 7/8 playoff spot. I’ll worry more about these games when we are actually playing for a 1-4 seed.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I disagree. I think Kevin is playing like a guy who still hasn't gotten into this groove yet on both ends. It's coming. 

Hunter is a simple guy like rookie Brodgon. He has space. Buckets. He doesn't, no buckets. Simple

Cam has a skill-set and a major tool-set but this is what a 5 on offense looks like. It doesn't look good. It looks awful. Until he makes that jump to 6, I expect this again even if it's not the next game. My issue with Cam was his defense tonight. He was worse than Kevin on that end and Kevin was still ass in general on defense. Cam just sucked ass tonight. His energy was bad too and dragged unto De'Andre who for the first time all season and preseason, looked lethargic. Len can't continue to start and give us nothing. This isn't just tonight, this has been an ongoing issue. 

Luka obviously is a more versatile offensive player than Cam. One is a 10 on offense, the other is a 5. That's an insanely massive gap beyond words at this stage. That's like saying Cam is a much better defender. Of course he is. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Huerter is coming back from injury. He made 2nd team all Rookie..Hopefully he gets it together.

So by ready now, HUnter should look like a star? Hes still a rookie..

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I disagree. I think Kevin is playing like a guy who still hasn't gotten into this groove yet on both ends. It's coming. 

Hunter is a simple guy like rookie Brodgon. He has space. Buckets. He doesn't, no buckets. Simple

Cam has a skill-set and a major tool-set but this is what a 5 on offense looks like. It doesn't look good. It looks awful. Until he makes that jump to 6, I expect this again even if it's not the next game. My issue with Cam was his defense tonight. He was worse than Kevin on that end and Kevin was still ass in general on defense. Cam just sucked ass tonight. His energy was bad too and dragged unto De'Andre who for the first time all season and preseason, looked lethargic. Len can't continue to start and give us nothing. This isn't just tonight, this has been an ongoing issue. 

Luka obviously is a more versatile offensive player than Cam. One is a 10 on offense, the other is a 5. That's an insanely massive gap beyond words at this stage. That's like saying Cam is a much better defender. Of course he is. 

I think He was talking about Luka being more versatile than Trae.