• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Flo Raptors

lethalweapon3

18 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

If Miami beats a fully healthy Suns team, on the road, they just might be a problem down the stretch.

I think everyone forgot they are reigning East champs or just thought it was a fluke.  Erroneous thinking either way they have no weaknesses when healthy.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I think everyone forgot they are reigning East champs or just thought it was a fluke.  Erroneous thinking either way they have no weaknesses when healthy.

Nah, last year was definitely a fluke, won't be making back to the Finals anytime soon. Having said that they could be a top three caliber team if fully healthy. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Bro, in no universe has he been third best. He has been the MVP and its not even remotely close. 

Defensive MVP. Trae, John, Clint, Hunter, Bogi, Gallo, Lou, Cam/Kev.  In that order. 
Clint is the biggest reason we are a better defensive team.  

• Moderators

Spoiler context for tonight's pregame thread pic.

Also, tonight's NBA version of Demolition Derby has Miami's Jimmy Buckets out now with an ankle sprain. Emory Healthcare says he's already making great progress and will be re-evaluated in 2-3 fortnights.

~kw3

• Like 2

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This is def true, but this team has been without its best perimeter defenders for most of the season.  If you have a Cam, Hunter, and Dunn on the perimeter, the defense won't suck as much when Capela isn't on the floor. 

So true, though i'm sure it is nice for any of our wings to know Capela is back there just in case.   I'm sure yall are thinking about the Grizz game, they have a top 10 rebounding center, that was the worst game for Ah Capella to miss (had to steal it Spud, lol). 

Okongwu is going to be fine defensively, he's just raw right now but I've seen great improvement in him since Nate became HC. 

• Like 4

Aye where's all the dudes that kept telling me Anunoby is more valuable than Con Jollins?

That dudes gahbage.  No offense, questionable motor and defense.

Look, if you have to be surrounded by a championship roster to look effective, you ain't that dang good.  Heyul, you could wheel me out there with friggin Kawhi and Lowry and they'd make me look serviceable.

Annoying a**, arrogant a** TOR fans told people they wouldn't miss Kawhi because this guy was the better defender and all that.

Well, wake me up when he puts his big boy pants on.

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, marco102 said:

This is def true, but this team has been without its best perimeter defenders for most of the season.  If you have a Cam, Hunter, and Dunn on the perimeter, the defense won't suck as much when Capela isn't on the floor. 

You mean like last season? 

Phoenix came back to smash Miami. Vintage CP3 helping 6 guys to double figures while only scoring 6 in a blowout versus a very good defense.

But back to the Hawks I’m loving this style under Nate.  Everyone is assuming their role (I see you Kevin), solid defensive effort and communication for most of the 48, and crispy team passing.  Fully healthy this team is gonna shock somebody no doubt.   Nathan gonna have a double double in the playoffs I’m manifesting it.  Lemon Pepper Lou gone drop 34.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, lethalweapon3 said:

Brandon Goodwin (nine 1st-quarter points @ CHA, on 4-for-4 FGs), yes, Solomon Hill, and yes, Kevin Huerter (five 1st-quarter assists @ CHA) caught Charlotte off-guard, facilitating strong efforts from more usual suspects Bogdan Bogdanovic (career-high 8 threes, Hawks-high 32 points @ CHA; now back over the 40.0 3FG% line) and Capela (Hornets had one O-Reb in the quarter). If the Hawks can follow up with earlier contributions from Lou Williams off the bench, Tampato’s tent might more easily fold.

Looks like much of the same guys showed up for us tonight as well. Nice write up lw3, read this one after high five ✋ ing everyone as well as watching the game but missing a write up just isn’t right as I always get schooled and have fun. 

Big Bucks game on Thursday. Home game as well as nationally televised on TNT. The Bucks will conclude a 9/10 road trip with us in Atlanta on Thursday and they’ve dropped 3/4 to allow us to creep within 4 games of them with 17 to go. Bud, Teague (familiar faces) and the freak might be feeling nice and sluggish and in for a ball swinging surprise.(lw3’s fav) Let’s introduce the new Hawks to the nation on Thursday shall we. 

Go Hawks! Take it away Bart Scott..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1