• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks -- GAME 3

lethalweapon3

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

In this series the offense has been more dependent on Trae, but let’s not forget this team won most of the games where Trae was out.  

We have guys who can carry the offense without Trae.  The game where we routed Phoenix was lead by our bench play.  

I thoroughly enjoyed that game but after game 2 in this series am not so confident and believe we go with the franchise player no matter what. Sounds anti team but winning each individual game is the deal post season. Hoping cats shoot well but if we go cold again it is absolutely Trae time and to be honest hope it does not come to that. But if it does then we know Trae is more than up for it. On the other side of the coin Gallo has sucked but did look much better last game so am expecting nothing less than that from him now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Final_quest said:

In this series the offense has been more dependent on Trae, but let’s not forget this team won most of the games where Trae was out.  

We have guys who can carry the offense without Trae.  The game where we routed Phoenix was lead by our bench play.  

We were 5 - 4 this season in games in which Trae didn't play.

The 4 games we lost, we lost by 14, 14, 21, and a whopping 44 points.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You already know who most of us want.

And this video is amazing.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a deal close to $14 million a year. The guy is that good.

• Like 2

Just now, ATLHawks3 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets a deal close to $14 million a year. The guy is that good.

He can't shoot from 3.  That's his issue.  His game screams "1990s point guard" . . a guy who passed well, played defense, but only shot layups and midrange jumpers.  He'd be ideal with the Hawks, with guys like Huerter and Gallo to pass to on the 2nd unit.

As for how much he's worth, he hasn't made more than 3 mill in any given NBA season.  That's shocking to me, because he's been a solid backup PG since he came into the league.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He can't shoot from 3.  That's his issue.  His game screams "1990s point guard" . . a guy who passed well, played defense, but only shot layups and midrange jumpers.  He'd be ideal with the Hawks, with guys like Huerter and Gallo to pass to on the 2nd unit.

As for how much he's worth, he hasn't made more than 3 mill in any given NBA season.  That's shocking to me, because he's been a solid backup PG since he came into the league.

Wow I can't believe he's getting peanuts compared to some of these guys.  He's such a nice bench piece and his game translates really well into the playoffs.  Would love to see him fill that role for the Hawks next year.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Oh, also, not sure if someone mentioned this already but if Trae Young doesn't graze Reggie Bullocks wrist (after he got the shot off) we are up by another 6 points in this game.  They scored 6 points from free throws and that randle 3 in 1 second game time.  Knicks had to absolutely scrap to get any buckets and heavily leaned on the refs to not allow the complete blowout.

As awful as RJ and Julius have been, I have to expect that they'll have at least one complete game this series so we need to lock in tomorrow afternoon

• Like 4

• Premium Member

I for one am taking Trae's picture with me next time I venture into my local Sports Clips, and telling my stylist, "I'll tip big if you can make me look like him."

I don't throw good money into jerseys and especially not for these pathetically generic things they've had to put on this season..., and so, it seems to me to be the better tribute anyway.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Oh, also, not sure if someone mentioned this already but if Trae Young doesn't graze Reggie Bullocks wrist (after he got the shot off) we are up by another 6 points in this game.  They scored 6 points from free throws and that randle 3 in 1 second game time.  Knicks had to absolutely scrap to get any buckets and heavily leaned on the refs to not allow the complete blowout.

As awful as RJ and Julius have been, I have to expect that they'll have at least one complete game this series so we need to lock in tomorrow afternoon

I agree.

And I also agree that Derrick Rose is due for a horrible shooting game.  But I can live with him going for 25, if Randle is still a non-factor on offense from a scoring and playmaking standpoint.

• Like 4