• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 7

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Let’s go Hawks!! ‘Insert sleepy and celebrated a little too hard GIF’. It was all worth it, we don’t get many chances to do so in the ATL.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, terrell said:

OO out here slowing down Embiid after I've been told for months hes too small to play center..........................He was HUGE this series in his limited min...

Great post.

No narrative shall survive against any of our Hawks once it's all said and done!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, GameTime said:

Okongwu is a better defender than Capela. There I said it. Capela works better with Trae's Pick-N-Roll however.

Let's just say that Okongwu may move laterally better than Capela.  I wouldn't say that he's "better".

I will admit that I was wrong about him defensively playing the 5.  I still think he's undersized, but he has great instincts around the basket defensively.

• Like 3

https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/ben-simmons-sixers-hawks-game-seven-offseason-trade-decisions-20210621.html?outputType=amp

A team cannot win with a player who does not force a team to assign him a defender. Playoff basketball is difficult enough at even-strength. It’s nearly impossible when you allow your opponent to play four-on-five. That’s what Simmons did. His passivity was so total that it somehow became the opposite. He actively gave the Hawks the game. The fact that he only attempted four shots is pitiful. The fact that he did it in a game where the Sixers desperately needed buckets? Inexcusable. This was as close to malpractice as a point guard can get.

Simmons deserves all the blame he gets no question.  Don’t forget to look at Embiid and Korkmaz’s shooting though, both 40-something percent lower than in the regular season.  Korkmaz wouldn’t even get on the floor for us and he’s starting for them.  The team defense was just outstanding.

10 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

" And Ben Simmons..!"

Stephen A Smith GIFs | Tenor

Yeah, he'll have a fit.

My sinuses are acting up, so I'm taking the day off.

I'll spend all morning checking out the talking head shows and listening to NBA Radio all day.

All of them are killing the Sixers and Ben Simmons, as expected.

I would just like for one time, just one time, for them to actually discuss why the Hawks won the game.  It wasn't about Ben Simmons not shooting, because he's never shot the ball.  It was about the excellent defense down the stretch by this team.

It was also about Doc trusting his weaker bench players more than he should've. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Let's just say that Okongwu may move laterally better than Capela.  I wouldn't say that he's "better".

I will admit that I was wrong about him defensively playing the 5.  I still think he's undersized, but he has great instincts around the basket defensively.

Capela is massively better defensively than Okongwu but Okongwu has tremendous defensive talent and he's growing like cats and dogs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

We have to resign Huerter!

The Hawks are in a good place.  The one thing Huerter showed tonight, that Bogi doesn't have in his arsenal, is the ability to create his own shot in the midrange.  Bogi can do it, but not like Kevin can.

In playoff basketball, the ability to make tough shots, especially in the midrange, is paramount.

If we could ever get Bogi and Kevin on the same page as a compliment to each other, we may win a championship in 4 weeks.  Especially as a duo that can run the 2nd unit without Trae on the floor.

• Like 2

Trae and Bogi had bad games and we still rose to the occasion...  Extremely impressed with this team.  The one thing we have going for us is we literally have no stress on our backs.  We are playing with house money ladies and gentlemen... 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

This was not a dunk

emgxn0cq4j671.jpg

His post game excuse was that he thought that Gallo was going to come from behind to potentially block his shot.

But look at that.  He's 6-10.  Trae is on the other side of the lane.  Gallo is actually trying to recover. and he still passed the ball as Trae was running at him.  It was actually TRAE that forced the pass, because he thought either Gallo or Trae was going to foul him.

Undisputed with Shannon and Skip talking about this as I type this.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

First it was his outstanding defense on Randle.

Then he makes the defensive play of maybe franchise history vs Embiid.

What does he have in store for Giannis?

And him pointing to himself after he made that play was outstanding.

That could be what he was doing, but I'm not sure he was pointing to himself when he was doing that. I think he was pointing to his heart, such as the Hawks just had more heart than the Sixers. That or where that "BELIEVE" slogan is located on their warmup shirts.

Listening to one of the many Sixer fan postgame videos I watched, one of them was talking about the Sixers didn't have a real leader on their team, they were lacking heart. He was saying during one of the timeouts during the last few minutes of the game all of the Sixers were sitting and listening to Doc, but on the Hawks bench Gallo was yelling to everyone LET'S GO!! over and over again, even over the coach trying to talk. Gotta love it. 

• Like 1