• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 7

lethalweapon3

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

A couple of quick comments.  

1.  Skip Bayless saying that if Embiid hadn't got hurt, they would have beat the Hawks.  Really?  Embiid WASN'T stopped by the Hawks.  One player can't win the game.  Ifs about the players around Embiid.  The Hawks were without Hunter AND Cam Reddish, two HUGE keys for the Hawks.  Why didn't Skip mention that?  The Hawks were without KEY players, while the 76ers still had Embiid.

2.  Folks, including folks on this board, are saying the Buck are gonna have a easy time with the Hawks.  Folks in the media saying it could be a sweep.  Hold on.  I'm not buying that.  Giannis is another overrated player in my opinion.  The Hawks match up better against the Bucks than they do the 76ers in my opinion.  Giannis is gonna play right into what the Hawks want him to do.  He is Ben Simmons with a PIECE of a jump shot.  Same player otherwise.  The key for the Hawks is slowing down Middleton.  I don't care about any points Giannis gets.  They slow down Middleton or match his production, the Hawks are in that series.

Embiid hurt.  what a joke.  No mention of Hunter, Trae and Bogi being hurt?   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

I don't want to go to bed. I want to keep watching Flopiid throw his teammate under the bus over and over. He's a gutless coward. Ben Simmons didn't go for that shot because he knew he would get fouled and have to shoot free throws. And we all know he can't shoot them. So he did the smart thing and passed it. 

I love that Simmons is going to be traded after this. There's no way Philly can bring him back after this. My concern is that they actually get a point guard back that can actually shoot. 

Maybe a package of Ben and Doc can get something? Not as much as a couple years ago though am sure. Chuckle...

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Embiid hurt.  what a joke.  No mention of Hunter, Trae and Bogi being hurt?   

None.  No respect for the Hawks.  The media doesn't respect them against the Bucks either.  The Hawks WON that series against the 76ers.

9 hours ago, Cwell said:

That Mike Woodson u trash too comment at the end. I felt that in my soul!!!! 😂 

Woody was so garbage!!!!!

Smoove owes his entire bankroll to Woody.

It was Woody that forced him to stop trying to be "3 Ball Shawty" and play more in the paint.

He had his best year in the league when he significantly limited his 3 point shooting, and drove the basketball at will.

The fact that he never excelled anywhere else in the league, outside of highlights here and there, proves that Woody was the best coach for his career.

And put some respect on Mike Woodson.  He improved the team's win percentage in each of his 5 years as coach.  He just couldn't win in the 2nd round, partially because of the construction of the team.  And because we held onto a few of our young players too long.

• Like 4

So we don't make the ECF without our rookie 00 don't think. Am pretty stunned by his impact at the second round level not to mention a seventh game scenario. With the vets we have here now he is probably gonna continue to rise very rapidly. Great draft pick TS and I in particular needed to show a lot more patience because the result has been pretty impressive. The kid is really good and expect plenty more minutes against the Bucks. See you all in cheese country next.

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 3

46 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Perkins jumping off the bandwagon as well.  Predicting Bucks in 5, and a possible sweep by them.

Maybe because of the last national televised game we played them in we stunk it up. Not this time.

• Like 1

The funny part about Simmons is he was out there making the "passes" with flair, trying to hide his game with flair.  He made that pass with "authority" when he didn't dunk it, as if the flair was gonna cover what is going on with him.  Reminds me of Lebron James doing the same thing.  James is Simmons WITH a jump shot.  Giannis is Simmons with a PIECE of jump shot.  Simmons is just a bad player.

• Premium Member
Just now, Hawkmoor said:

The funny part about Simmons is he was out there making the "passes" with flair, trying to hide his game with flair.  He made that pass with "authority" when he didn't dunk it, as if the flair was gonna cover what is going on with him.  Reminds me of Lebron James doing the same thing.  James is Simmons WITH a jump shot.  Giannis is Simmons with a PIECE of jump shot.  Simmons is just a bad player.

The thing is he's never much of a scorer. Philly finished #1 in the east with him not being a scorer. All the talk before the series is how Ben is an all defensive monster who should have won DPOY. No one was talking about his scoring, or lack of scoring, ro how important it would be for him to make free throws and hit shot. Fast forward seven games, and Ben scores 4 points less than his average, and everyone is ready to ship him out of town. Very funny to me. Hope Philly trades him so they can finish 4-5 for the next three years before Embiid bolts to ring chase. 

• Like 4