• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Hawks at heat -- GAME 2

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

I don't really know what's worse...  Lowry for pulling the Middleschool BS flops and flails.   Or the refs for not calling him on it. 

The tech that he got placed on Hunter was such B.S.

You run down... get into Hunter's back.. and tries to draw a foul...  And it works. 

He only targeted Hunter because at the time, Hunter had become a goto guy.

We got to do something about this guy...  Nobody put the hit out. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He has a chance to develop as a 4 as well as JJ. Without JC, you got no PFs for the present. Gallo got a year max. You can't get rid of Okongwu or JJ. You need both for now to see who can be our 4 of the future.

Nate was a fool never to play Dieng -- we needed his size and his shooting, Miami plays physical and killed us in the paint. OO is too small and could not box out Bam or Dedmon and Collins was pathetic playing the 5 spot....

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

First shot by Trae.  Not fineable ( at least I don't think ), but he did address the physical play that the Heat are getting away with.

To hear Trae say tht really suggests that he's really fed up and he didn't trust his coach to say anything or enough about it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Obviously, we felt we let one slip away, but if the refs are going to let them be as physical as they are and not call fouls, it is going to be hard to really do anything anyway," - Trae Young

That is a loser comment.  He has stunk it up 2 games in a row, and now he wants to just roll over and blame the refs?

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member

I meann, look at this trash.  League works so hard to protect its image by not fining people for flopping or doing anything to stop behavior like this, but it ultimately just backfires by making the on-court product so much worse.  NBA is giving soccer a run for its' money with the amount of flopping, flailing, foul baiting, and general non-basketball antics like this.  

https://streamable.com/zumtid

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

28 minutes ago, terrell said:

"Obviously, we felt we let one slip away, but if the refs are going to let them be as physical as they are and not call fouls, it is going to be hard to really do anything anyway," - Trae Young

That is a loser comment.  He has stunk it up 2 games in a row, and now he wants to just roll over and blame the refs?

That's not a loser comment.  He's speaking not just for him, but for the entire team.  You have multiple sportswriters and bloggers on Twitter highlighting all of the dirty play the Heat has been dishing out.  This is the commentary that Nate should be addressing, just like Nick Nurse did with the Sixers the other night.

De'Andre Hunter, a guy who doesn't even talk, got a damn technical foul tonight because of Kyle Lowry's garbage ass.

Trae was awful in the 1st quarter. Awful with his turnovers. Played decent in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. And couldn't make some critical shots in the 4th.  He has to play better and he knows it.  That still doesn't mean that what he said is incorrect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I meann, look at this trash.  League works so hard to protect its image by not fining people for flopping or doing anything to stop behavior like this, but it ultimately just backfires by making the on-court product so much worse.  NBA is giving soccer a run for its' money with the amount of flopping, flailing, foul baiting, and general non-basketball antics like this.  

https://streamable.com/zumtid

As a coach in NYC once said

"That isn't basketball".

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Atlantaholic said:

I don't have a huge issue with Nate's rotations so far this series, He has limited Okonguw extended Delon and outside of that not sure what else he can do. We are down too many pieces right now.

Why can't Delon get more minutes? He has a huge impact every time he's on the floor but somehow his minutes are limited so Huerter can get blown by and be forced to foul over and over? What happened to Nate's supposed defensive identity? Huerter had 5 fouls down the stretch so he couldnt body up on D. Wright had 2 steals and 0 fouls. 

Dude was +8 in 29 minutes and he had the best +- of anyone who played >20 mins in the last game too. Please please Nate give Delon starters minutes and see what happens. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, terrell said:

Nate was a fool never to play Dieng -- we needed his size and his shooting, Miami plays physical and killed us in the paint. OO is too small and could not box out Bam or Dedmon and Collins was pathetic playing the 5 spot....

Seriously I been saying this too! OO is getting son'd out there and we have no spacing when he is on the floor. We need to get Dieng in the game and try 5 out. We ran that against the Cavs and it turned the game around immediately. Nate don't wanna get away from his f***in rotation. 

I'm heated tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Diesel said:

To hear Trae say tht really suggests that he's really fed up and he didn't trust his coach to say anything or enough about it.

Because nate doesn't say anything. How has he not gotten a tech or a fine yet this series? It's unbelievable. Really losing faith in Nate. 

6 hours ago, terrell said:

I don't think it is a loser comment because they can actually injure someone like that.  I dont want Trae or any of the players to be out because Heat wants to play Bully ball.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, terrell said:

How do you taste food with all of that coming out of your mouth?  I get it, you hate Trae but dang man...every game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Trae is averaging 16 ppg shooting 12% from 3 and 8 turnovers per game and the conclusion by some posters is that it is due to the rest of the team. Therefore the Hawks should blow up their roster while keeping Trae because in some people's minds, others are to be blamed for Trae's struggles. Can someone explain this difficult to understand concept to me?

• Sad 1