• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Rockets at Hawks -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

5 minutes ago, GameTime said:

Shoot 28% from 3 and win by 10 wouldn't of happened last year. Murray is a game changer on defense. And a playmaker on offense.

Really dont think that's sustainable against better teams. Defense win the game but a better team isn't going to be quite as loose with the ball and also shoot 9-35 from 3. 

Hawks have to play AJ or get Dre and JC more involved on the perimeter imo. 7 3s in a game isn't going to cut it.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Really dont think that's sustainable against better teams. Defense win the game but a better team isn't going to be quite as loose with the ball and also shoot 9-35 from 3. 

Hawks have to play AJ or get Dre and JC more involved on the perimeter imo. 7 3s in a game isn't going to cut it.

I think we shouldn't put up as many threes.    The midrange shot is there and we can Derozen this thing.   Let Bogi be the sniper.. AJ too.   but focus should be on being more efficient on the scoring in...  It's sustainable. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I thought I had a high bar lol.  He did everything a two way combo guard could possibly do: cut basket, blocked jumper, dunked, double digit assists, middy, three, brought it up, played off, passing lane steals, on ball steals, goddamn!  Only thing I didn’t see was a screen assist and he might’ve done that too hell.

0 turnovers is not inefficient 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

I knew this would be their toughest game of the 1st 5 but you can't get destroyed on the boards like that!  I did like the defense though!  The steals make a huge difference now lets clean up those defense boards next game

Your boy JC, the elder statesman, solid.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, benhillboy said:

I thought I had a high bar lol.  He did everything a two way combo guard could possibly do: cut basket, blocked jumper, dunked, double digit assists, middy, three, brought it up, played off, passing lane steals, on ball steals, goddamn!  Only thing I didn’t see was a screen assist and he might’ve done that too hell.

Lol..you left out where I basically said everything else was great.  

He and Trae can be special and I have high standards for both.

Trae is allowed to be inefficient if he's taking good shots. He was forcing some things in the first quarter and I couldn't stand it.

Again, Murray and Collins were the stars of the game today.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Meanwhile in New York . . . Cam might become the talk of the town tonight, if he can make a few winning plays in these last few minutes.

He hit the game tying 3.. lol

• Like 1