• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Thunder at Hawks

lethalweapon3

30 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is my issue with Nate. Bogi should have been subbed out after the 1st Timeout after OKC took the lead at 93-90. 

Nate refuses to deviate from the timing of substitution patterns. He'll just let a lead evaporate in lieu of putting guys back in because it's not their time. And I get it, guys need rest - but this is a recurring theme.

You saw his legs getting heavy but kept him in anyway?

Shut up Nate..

Just finished the game. Not sure how we lost this one. Honestly not sure who to pin 📌 this one on. :sad: Team loss. We I watch our plays it looked like we had the better plays between the two team but somehow they ended up with the W. 

Is this even on Nate? Anyhoo some pics I took from the tv 📺 highlights.

Couple of OO big time flushes.

DJ rip off the awesome look by Trae.

Trae with a beauty of a pass for a Bogi 3.

Bogi was on 🔥 absolutely lights out.

FE8E5631-F69D-49D9-854B-847F6FEE7150.jpeg

80C10589-94BE-4D96-9333-5489299F1F31.jpeg

27E351FD-C166-4FE9-8807-2D9804EEEB49.jpeg

F44A33E3-F6C3-4D68-A31D-7BC07818DA5D.jpeg

Edited by Spud2nique

1 hour ago, Diesel said:

I knew we were in trouble when we weren't pulling away, and they started making their 3s.  That put them well on their way to reaching that 113 mark.

Thunder finished with 12 made threes, shooting 35%.  Almost every time that happens, the Hawks lose.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We just kept missing shots right at the rim.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Start of the 4th for 6 minutes:

2 points, TO, Missed 3, Missed 2, TO, Missed 3, Missed 2, Missed 3, 2 points, Missed 3, Missed 3, Missed 3, TO....for 4 Measly points.

We went from being up 4 to down 4 in those 6 minutes.

image.png.6eb579203dbed10fba20fd13dd732fac.png

7 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

So why did the meltdown happen when he was out of the game?

I didnt say they lost because of him.. I said they just play differently.. Good grief..

This late third, early fourth collapse has happened several times now. Nate gotta try something different.

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Thunder finished with 12 made threes, shooting 35%.  Almost every time that happens, the Hawks lose.

Ya but at one point Lauren said they were making like 16 or 17% from 3! Ughhh our perimeter D softened.

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Just finished the game. Not sure how we lost this one. Honestly not sure who to pin 📌 this one on. :sad: Team loss. We I watch our plays it looked like we had the better plays between the two team but somehow they ended up with the W. 

Is this even on Nate? Anyhoo some pics I took from the tv 📺 highlights.

Couple of OO big time flushes.

DJ rip off the awesome look by Trae.

Trae with a beauty of a pass for a Bogi 3.

Bogi was on 🔥 absolutely lights out.

The problem is that we looked good early on and then lost. 

Well, there's blame.  I believe we abandon the plays and start isoballing and one pass play.  A team like OKC is going to hurt us because they are going to try to outwork us and they have active hands.   We gave up far too many turnovers.  We played the outside shot far too much... and we didn't exploit our size difference on the inside.  Tonight was a night that the 1-5 pnr was in order.   We were supposed to feed the post until the post was full and about to throw up. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, terrell said:

I didnt say they lost because of him.. I said they just play differently.. Good grief..

This late third, early fourth collapse has happened several times now. Nate gotta try something different.

The 9 Roadblocks to Productive Collaboration | MURAL Blog

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

We played the outside shot far too much... and we didn't exploit our size difference on the inside.  Tonight was a night that the 1-5 pnr was in order.   We were supposed to feed the post until the post was full and about to throw up. 

We definitely should have run the pnr with Capela in the 4th.  Poor game closing goes back to last season.  We should have 4-6 more wins than we do right now.  

First bad night for AJ.  I thought he walked on water, but he is human.  Bogi showed why he can be a top 6th man.   

We are looking good in our losses until 4Q hits.  

• Like 1

Hawks melted in the late 3rd and 4th quarters.  Bogie had an excuse.  He's not yet in game shape.  Nate should have seen that and sat him.  He didn't.

Bogie was the only Hawk with an excuse about why the entire team melted away.  AJ Griffin had a bad game.  So?  That's one game for him.  What was wrong with Trae?  He didn't score in the 1st half but he really led the team.  In the second half he scored but Hawks lost the game.  With pressure on, late in the game and Hawks desperate for points, Murray went to the line and calmly missed both shots!  Not a good time for this to happen.

Late in the game, swapping shots.  Problem.  We were making 2's.  Opponent was making 3's.  Sometimes we missed our shots.  Opponent didn't.  Defense evaporated.  Offense died.  We watched as Bob passed out before the game.  Then we watched the Hawk team pass out in the 4th.

Hawks are not as good as they could be.  They are not as bad as they sometimes appear to be.  Last night is a prime example.  Have a plan. execute the plan.  Whoever makes the best adjustments at halftime and in the game after the half usually wins.  Hawks didn't.

🥲

• Like 4

• Moderators
9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can someone teach OO how to set and hold a screen - he gets called for too many offensive fouls on these.

apparently he just needs a couple more years in the league because he gets called for screens that you see more established guys do every trip down the court. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Diesel said:

The problem is that we looked good early on and then lost. 

Well, there's blame.  I believe we abandon the plays and start isoballing and one pass play.  A team like OKC is going to hurt us because they are going to try to outwork us and they have active hands.   We gave up far too many turnovers.  We played the outside shot far too much... and we didn't exploit our size difference on the inside.  Tonight was a night that the 1-5 pnr was in order.   We were supposed to feed the post until the post was full and about to throw up. 

This is the whole answer here. We were in control for most of the game, then in crunch time we lose control... No adjustments made. 

• Like 1