• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Playoff Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks -- GAME 6 (8:30 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
32 minutes ago, terrell said:

Youre gonna drive yourself crazy wanting Trae to play smart ball all the time...

Trae is a showman..

He can be the best or worst player on the court at anytime..

It is what it is..

Lmao parroting some skip and Shannon nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

Hawks get:Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Kyle Lowery and a first round pick.

Heat get: Trae Young.

The Hawks would be lucky to get that because the Heat are gonna ask for one of Hunter, Collins or Johnson as part of that deal.

[That trade would actively hurt the Hawks.  No GM would trade Trae for that.]

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was at the game tonight and Trae was amazing the first half but stunk it up bad the 2nd half.

8 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I get the feeling if we make any moves, it will be Capela + pieces going out for someone like Ayton -- just my gut.

I think this is the move we will do as well.

• Premium Member

This is what I was afraid of... 2-4. Not bad enough to be a clear indication that at least one major change is a-comin, not good enough to say the opposite. It really could go either way.

While I believe Q genuinely thinks highly for the moment about all of his main pieces, it's also easy to imagine that, given some time to conduct exit interviews, and then step away from the court over the next few weeks and have long conversations with the basketball ops staff about a variety of what-if scenarios, Q could decide to throw support behind a big move of some kind...

But, then again... it's also easy to imagine all that happens, only for Q to circle back to the conclusion that this roster just needs maturity and coaching to evolve to the next level.

What is satisfying is this seeming general acceptance that Q's judgment is going to hold greatest weight in the final outcome(s). Can't say with certainty that that's the case, but the way anyone connected with the Hawks talks these last few weeks, it feels like, no matter what, Q's support will be imperative to whatever eventually happens. (Which is most of what I advocated for over the first couple of weeks after his hire, of course.)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, terrell said:

Yikes...

Yikes to trading Young for Tyler Herro, Duncan Robinson, Kyle Lowery and a first round draft pick?  You yourself said a few days ago and I agreed with you that no matter who you bring in, Trae Young wouldn't work as a tandem with him because of Trae's style of play.  Trae is a dominating the ball player who doesn't shoot as good as his attempts suggest.  Thats not gonna change.

The alternative is to trade him for players WHO ARE COACHABLE.  Two head coaches and a GM later should prove that Trae is not gonna change.  Miami runs a very complicated motion offense.  Don't let their season struggles confuse you.  When it counts, they are having the best offense in the post season in scoring average and field goal percentage and took out the number 1 seeded Milwaukee Bucks in the process.  Trading for those Miami players is NOT trading for the talent level of Trae Young.  You are trading for that motion offense.  Quin Synder is known for adapting to the strengths of his players.

The Hawks in a attempt to appease Young are gonna continue to run out that 5 man out or 4 out, 1 in offense that consists of rinky dinky two man games from the wing or pick and roll that depends on a defense that is totally not caring to succeed in the playoffs. Trading Young is saving your entire team.  The Hawks have a ton of talent. Its not that. Travis did a very good job in stacking talent.  The new GMs added Bey to a stacked roster.  Its not talent, its how its not being used correctly.  Add Herro, Duncan, Lowery and a draft pick to the current group and see how it would change.  This is just a example trade that takes them to the next level.

Edited by Hawkmoor

1 hour ago, SalvorMallow said:

Lmao parroting some skip and Shannon nonsense.

Funny thing is thats exactly what it is i actually seen a episode like 2 or 3 days ago on youtube that they said those exact words about Trae lol.  So we now know Terrell is a big fan of Skip atleast 😄

• Haha 1

I've never proposed Trading Trae. You never get value in a trade. But come on, Trae is not going to hero ball us to the promised land. He misses too many shots. It's simple math. Look at this series. Our star is making a 1/3 of his shots. The other team's stars are making half of theirs. 1/2>1/3. It's Russell Westbrook syndrome. Look, if shooting efficiency doesn't matter to you, then I don't know what to tell you. The only answer is to get a star better than Trae so that he would have to defer to that player, and Trae could mature into a traditional point man who picks his spots. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I've never proposed Trading Trae. You never get value in a trade. But come on, Trae is not going to hero ball us to the promised land. He misses too many shots. It's simple math. Look at this series. Our star is making a 1/3 of his shots. The other team's stars are making half of theirs. 1/2>1/3. It's Russell Westbrook syndrome. Look, if shooting efficiency doesn't matter to you, then I don't know what to tell you. The only answer is to get a star better than Trae so that he would have to defer to that player, and Trae could mature into a traditional point man who picks his spots. 

What makes it maddening is it doesn't have to be this way...Everybody on the Hawks team was making shots maybe with the except maybe Murray so he could have had his pick of who to set up but he wasn't interested.  He just loves the hero ball just like Murray.  Quinn is the last hope to change him.  The only roster moves I would make would be to trade Murray and Capela in the offseason.  And find another functional defensive big.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, sturt said:

This is what I was afraid of... 2-4. Not bad enough to be a clear indication that at least one major change is a-comin, not good enough to say the opposite. It really could go either way.

While I believe Q genuinely thinks highly for the moment about all of his main pieces, it's also easy to imagine that, given some time to conduct exit interviews, and then step away from the court over the next few weeks and have long conversations with the basketball ops staff about a variety of what-if scenarios, Q could decide to throw support behind a big move of some kind...

But, then again... it's also easy to imagine all that happens, only for Q to circle back to the conclusion that this roster just needs maturity and coaching to evolve to the next level.

What is satisfying is this seeming general acceptance that Q's judgment is going to hold greatest weight in the final outcome(s). Can't say with certainty that that's the case, but the way anyone connected with the Hawks talks these last few weeks, it feels like, no matter what, Q's support will be imperative to whatever eventually happens. (Which is most of what I advocated for over the first couple of weeks after his hire, of course.)

I do feel like one or more major moves should happen but so don’t have any idea what actually will happen.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, AHF said:

As nearly always, Trae going cold shooting is much worse for us than the impact of his turnovers.  Quin putting in his own offensive system next year needs to be focused more on generating better shots than fewer turnovers.  Fewer turnovers are on the list for every player and every team but no more than that.

Its not his cold shooting but rather his shot selection!  The thing that lost the game for Boston down the stretch in game 5 was shot selection i.e they stopped moving the ball.  They made sure that did not happen in this game.  Ball movement is why you have Horford taking big shots down the stretch and not Jaylen Brown.  This is a mature approach to offense down the stretch not what Trae fans want Trae to do which is launch long bombs at critical points in the game.  Its just totally stupid basketball and i don't know why more fans are not disturbed by this immature high schoolish play style

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Who has the most turnovers in the league since Trae entered?  Take a wild guess lol.

I expected more from you BHB... but you out here parroting Skip Bayless?  So this question is for you.....  Let me give you the numbers... since you are a numbers guy...

image.png

This is the top 20 of turnovers.  What do all these guys have in common?  By the way, Trae leads the league in Assists. 

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, SerbianHawk said:

What about SGA, Khris Middleton and Carl Anthony Towns for Trae, Bogdan, JC, Clint and picks.

This is just pipe dream

I don't think there needs to be whole sale changes to the team...I think the team is fine as is...Just need a few changes like finding a functional defensive Center and getting something for Murray.  Trae just needs coaching and to work on that J

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Here is the thing that pisses me off the most...They don't go "Iso" until Young decides to go Iso.  The ball was moving all game long until Young decided to go hero ball! Maybe he listens to some of fans who convince him to revert to the "shoot it Trae" offense.  You even had someone egging him on during the thread to just let it fly after he had already taken 25 shots.  Its not the rest of the team nor the coaching staff...It is one dude who constantly flips the script through 3 different coaching staffs.  It has to be obvious to everyone by now.  There should be no more debate about Hunter of Collins or whomever else you are trying blame the majority of the time.

Stop saying "someone".  You know exactly who said "let it fly."  Speak directly to me if you're going to talk about anything I say. 

At least @NBASupes has the guts to say what he believes, and tags people who he's talking about.  I request that you do the same.

You don't believe in Trae and have never given him credit for much of anything. You go eerily quiet when he plays well, but chirp like a bird at dawn when he plays bad.  And that's OK. That's what you do.

I will always support the kid, seeing that he's easily the best player we've had on this squad since Dominique. And he's even taken his teams further than what Nique did in his career.  At 24 years old, I trust that he will become a better and more consistent player as the years roll on, and solidify his Hall of Fame career even further.

LOL @ no more debate on Hunter and Collins.  Oh there's going to be PLENTY of debate about them between now and the draft.  I'm sure we'll hear from you either way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1