• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pelicans (7 PM EST Tip!)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Carmine said:

That Garrison guy got minutes over A.J. He in Quin's doghouse or what, smh.

If it were Nate, it would be a RIOT on Hawksquawk.  Worst coach in the World.  But since it's Quin and has been...  it's probably some type of development plan going on...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

2nd half adjustments from Reddit:

The last 3rd quarters: 38-19 against the twolves, 40-31 vs the wizards, and 41-23 tonight vs the Pels. 👀 Snyder difference 👀

Yeah, we used to get killed coming out of the halftime last season.   Teams would make adjustments and we'd spend the whole fourth trying to come back.  It feels good to be on the other side of that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Diesel said:

If it were Nate, it would be a RIOT on Hawksquawk.  Worst coach in the World.  But since it's Quin and has been...  it's probably some type of development plan going on...

Yeah.....well if Nate didn't have his head up his arse, Hawksquawk wouldn't have to RIOT. Nate and development should never be used in a sentence.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Along with the nutmeg, my favorite patented plays from Trae.  They look so flashy but yet are even more practical.  The defense is always ill-prepared like “oh sh%t no he didn’t.”

"ZOMG, didju see Suggs(ORL) just nutmegged a guy!  Das never happened b'fore inna game!!!!" - D.A. media guy 

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

It is funny...before we hired Snyder I was openly advocating for him for years on here. People told me I was overrating him and he wasn't that good of a coach due to playoffs.....

I know.  It's crazy how early you ... uh, we were in calling this. 🤫

(Don't worry, kg.  He'll never dig up the receipts to refute it.  You're in the clear. 😏)

• Haha 3

Those Utah teams weren't exactly stacked in hindsight.  It's looking like getting Snyder is huge for us and a big win for Landry and Kyle.  

Also, Utah did win playoff series where they were the underdog.  They just didn't get to the finals.  

Looking ahead will winning unlock and attract talent?  Not to bring up something that triggers people, but I believe it would also excite Ressler towards spending as much as it takes once we have interested talent.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Marvin24Williams said:

I'll take these type of games from Dre. We don't need him to go out there and score 15+ per night, we already have the fire power. As long as he is out there competing hard on defense like he did today, he'll be fine

I don’t think people realized how low John’s motor was until they see guys actually hustle to create extra possessions or create more shots.

The thing about Dre, JJ, Bogi, and Bey is on any given night 2 of the 4 are capable of scoring 20, creating their own shots, and if all four are playing well it greatly increases our depth and competitiveness. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sothron said:

It is funny...before we hired Snyder I was openly advocating for him for years on here. People told me I was overrating him and he wasn't that good of a coach due to playoffs. I wonder if those people have that same energy after seeing what this team is doing under Snyder with a full offseason and training camp. 

The team is simply a much, much better unit both on offense and defense. The main thing that drove me nuts under Nate/LP was the team only played defense IF the offense was hitting shots. If the team wasn't hitting shots they wouldn't do anything on defense most nights. As Brad Rowland said for at least two seasons before this one...the Hawks did not give one extra ounce than was minimum on defense as a team.

You don't see that at all. If nothing else I am glad we got rid of that.

Not me Saff, I was always team Quin, but to be fair I was also team Mark Jackson, Kenny Atkinson, Jeff Van Gundy and a couple others. But Quin, always loved that dude he grew up on the Bud 🌲, gotta love that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Those Utah teams weren't exactly stacked in hindsight.  It's looking like getting Snyder is huge for us and a big win for Landry and Kyle.  

Also, Utah did win playoff series where they were the underdog.  They just didn't get to the finals.  

Looking ahead will winning unlock and attract talent?  Not to bring up something that triggers people, but I believe it would also excite Ressler towards spending as much as it takes once we have interested talent.  

Fairly certain that's why aj is being sat, keep him super safe before trade inevitable trade with bucks for Middleton,  - sources    

Kidding

Edited by hylndr11

4 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I don't know why AJ didn't play last night.  We've seen that Quin prefers to go with 8 or 9 man rotations most nights.  I would hope that as the season goes on, we see more of AJ.

Clearly there’s something he’s not doing. He fell out of the rotation last year when Quin took over too. Struggled in limited SL time and hasn’t seemed super comfortable with his on court minutes this season.

Hope he figures it out because we need him but there’s also not a ton of minutes left for him either. Between DJ-Bogi-Hunter-JJ/Bey who do you sit for him?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JustSomeGuy said:

Clearly there’s something he’s not doing. He fell out of the rotation last year when Quin took over too. Struggled in limited SL time and hasn’t seemed super comfortable with his on court minutes this season.

Hope he figures it out because we need him but there’s also not a ton of minutes left for him either. Between DJ-Bogi-Hunter-JJ/Bey who do you sit for him?

Quin's offense is more sophisticated than Nate's which was basic PnR...could be he's just taking awhile to adjust and learn it.

And as you said who is getting less minutes for him?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, Jody23 said:

I would hope that as the season goes on, we see more of AJ.

I think this will happen as the 8man rotation works out all the kinks. As long as he's putting in the work he's supposed to so he's ready when called on.

• Like 4