• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks: GAME 6

lethalweapon3

Man was I hyped when Dennis hit that 3 to cut it to 3 again... But Wall really has become a player now...

I hate to repeat it, but Baze lost us the series and Bud lost it because he kept him in the game...
Several players could have made us win this series (THJ, Dwight, Baze, Ersan, Moose), but if Bud wouldn't have played Baze and gave his minutes to the rest of the rotation we probably win this series. Was this really a last try to justify this contract. That's why you have to have a real GM. Then the coach doesn't has to care about such things...

Shoutouts to Millsap, Dennis and Prince.

But nevertrheless you can't pay Sap $30M for multiple years, considering his age you could only offer him $60M, he can decide how many seasons he wants to play for it. So I'd be okay wit $30M for 2 years or $20M for 3 years. But some scrub team will offer him 25 per for 4 years. And since this will be his last contract, he will take it. 

• Like 2

• Moderators

I can now leak my rough-draft opener for what won't be the Game 7 gamethread!

There is only one burning question hot enough to inspire the Atlanta Hawks to victory in Game 7 of their Eastern Conference quarterfinals matchup with the Washington Wizards (Whatever Time PM, Fox Sports Southeast and 92.9 FM in ATL, CSN Mid-Atlantic in D.C.).

Do you want Al Horford playing next weekend against Dwight Howard in the Highlight Factory, or nah?

LET'S GO OFFSEASON HAWKS!

~lw3

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Yep. This series is likely the best Dennis will ever play. Lots of bad seasons are headed this teams way.

Go to sleep.  You show your hand when you hate on dennis. We lost this series when we gave Bud GM duties.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

They'll never win with him being a top 2 player on a team. That's how it is going to end up.

He could be top 2 if the squad is nice and deep which this one isn't. This team got like three good players. Everyone else is just others

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He could be top 2 if the squad is nice and deep which this one isn't. This team got like three good players. Everyone else is just others

He played probably the best he will ever play and its a first round exit. I hope people don't think Dennis is going to be a 23/7 player over the long haul.  He is a streak shooter and so you can't expect this kind of production from him over the course of a season or something.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

This series pretty much sums up why I said during the second bad run: Schröder is struggling, but I'm going to wait to see how he looks when Millsap comes back before declaring there to potentially be real trouble with his future contract.

It really started with that Boston TNT game. Schröder is much calmer when he's on the floor with another guy that can playmake. It was very close to being deer in headlights like when it was just him at times.

So I think the summary on Schröder this year is he is ready to start but he's not ready to be "THE" guy alone. It's doubtful that this corrects itself after one season soooo....yeah. Either Millsap comes back, Bembry gets a bigger role, or this team goes in the absolute tank next year.

And there's no real issue with me saying "Dennis is not ready to run alone as the playmaker", but it means you have to plan with this issue in mind.

The Bazemore contract is going to be the worse version of the Atlanta BJ Upton like contract.

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

We lost this series when we resigned Bazemore and signed Dwight Coward

18 points and 12 turnovers in a playoff elimination game for $40M on the books next year.  I'm not concerned about FA or the draft, I know those won't excite.  We can't take a single step forward until both are gone.

• Like 1

Stunning hypocrisy once again. Blaze hits three clutch shots down the stretch but we lost because of him.  Dennis misses an open breakaway layup and an open three pointer and kills the rally, but he's the reason  we were even still in the game. 

Defense?  What defense?

Score from the free throw line?  You mean, those shots count?  Gee whiz !

Shoot a mid range, fade away jumper?  Why, when we can drive inside

and get the shot blocked? 

When the game is on the line, try to go really, really fast, turn the ball

over and stand and watch as our opponent rushes down the floor for

an uncontested dunk !

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Stunning hypocrisy once again. Blaze hits three clutch shots down the stretch but we lost because of him.  Dennis misses an open breakaway layup and an open three pointer and kills the rally, but he's the reason  we were even still in the game. 

Ironically, it's hypocrisy and revisionist history from YOU.

Bazemore:

Did not hit clutch shots **down the stretch**. He only had 2 made shots early in the 4th.
Reverted back to turning the ball over late in the 4th, like he did in the first half which stretched a close game into a blowout.
Can't look at +/- from him this time, he played a major part in both turning a close game into a blowout in the first, and then ending the game again late.

But yes, he was one of the two only major reasons for the rally. (bullS***)

Dennis:

Slowed down to try to draw a foul on a **superstar** on his last fastbreak, which was dumb.
Looked exhausted outside of the third quarter to be honest.

Edited by Lurker

13 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

He played probably the best he will ever play and its a first round exit. I hope people don't think Dennis is going to be a 23/7 player over the long haul.  He is a streak shooter and so you can't expect this kind of production from him over the course of a season or something.

How do you come to this conclusion? The guy is 23 years old and just had his FIRST playoff series as a starter. Oh and by the way, he actually put up 25/8 this series while shooting 43% on almost 7 3PA a game. Don't think anyone is expecting him to do that over the long haul. But it is nice to finally see a Hawks player step his game up in the playoffs, something we haven't seen in awhile. You don't extrapolate playoff performance and expect it over the course of an 82 game season.......... Oh and don't forget to mention he went up against one of the top PGs in the league. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

The best games he'll ever play will happen 4 or 5 years from now, in his prime. Not in his first season starting.

18 minutes ago, hazer said:

The best games he'll ever play will happen 4 or 5 years from now, in his prime. Not in his first season starting.

Players have peaked early before. It's one playoff series.

When he averages 24/7 over the course of a full season I will say that I was wrong. Just like I admitted to being wrong about Prince.

Not that Dennis has to average 24 PPG over the course of a full season, but this series could end up being the best playoff series he ever plays.

Edited by Hotlanta1981

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

Ironically, it's hypocrisy and revisionist history from YOU.

Bazemore:

Did not hit clutch shots **down the stretch**. He only had 2 made shots early in the 4th.
Reverted back to turning the ball over late in the 4th, like he did in the first half which stretched a close game into a blowout.
Can't look at +/- from him this time, he played a major part in both turning a close game into a blowout in the first, and then ending the game again late.

But yes, he was one of the two only major reasons for the rally. (bullS***)

Dennis:

Slowed down to try to draw a foul on a **superstar** on his last fastbreak, which was dumb.
Looked exhausted outside of the third quarter to be honest.

for him to even suggest that Baze was more important than Dennis in this game is laughable. lol

No matter who like, Dennis was better than Baze in every game in this series. That is not a debate, but a fact.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hotlanta1981 said:

Players have peaked early before. It's one playoff series.

When he averages 24/7 over the course of a full season I will say that I was wrong. Just like I admitted to being wrong about Prince.

Not that Dennis has to average 24 PPG over the course of a full season, but this series could end up being the best playoff series he ever plays.

I want to add that Dwight is a good example. He was a lot better at 24 than he is at 29 and 30 years old.