• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks

lethalweapon3

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Why did we hire McMillan if everyone is still going to blast Lloyd for poor defense?

Because McMillan doesn't control the personnel that goes out on the floor.

LP sees his team struggling, and his first though is to bring in an offensive spark.  If he were defensive minded, his thought process would be to put in my best lineup that can keep them off the boards and defend in the paint.  That lineup was Capela and Collins.

When the Hawks played defense, they generated offense.

But I knew that every time the Hawks went small, that was trouble for them.

• Like 1

Cam might need to come off the bench. That's how bad he's been on offense. But who are we replacing him with? smdh. What happened to all of this depth? And Trae is also  playing bad. I almost cringe whenever he has the ball in his hands. Reminding me of why I wanted no part of him before the draft..Just chucking and throwing stupid lobs... IDC about the freakin numbers..Also Where was Bogi? Huerter was giving us nothing..Wth wrong with LP? Rant over....

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Carmine said:

Common denominator in both games has been ref keeping these teams in it. Still falls on the Hawks to finish, embarassing but refs aint doing us any favors.

This is just how the NBA works... it's an entertainment product and there's a psychology effect as well.  It's super annoying though and I notice it in most games, not just Hawks games.  The bubble had like 50 games come down to the last 1-2 possessions...

LP is pissed.  Be pissed at yourself sir.

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Cam might need to come off the bench. That's how bad he's been on offense. But who are we replacing him with? smdh. What happened to all of this depth? And Trae is also  playing bad. I almost cringe whenever he has the ball in his hands. Reminding me of why I wanted no part of him before the draft..Just chucking and throwing stupid lobs... IDC about the freakin numbers..Also Where was Bogi? Huerter was giving us nothing..Wth wrong with LP? Rant over....

We need Cam's defense.  IF Trae is going to score a million points, we honestly don't need Cam to be brilliant every night on offense.  We just need him to be good on defense.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Well...that was disappointing!

We had 12 TOs, Trae had 8 by himself, can't win with that many live ball TOs.

Cam is moving too fast, slow down bud. And he isn't playing sound defense, too much of a gambler sometimes.

Too many missed dunks and easy putbacks by John.

Another stinker by Bogi, yes he only played 18 minutes (sprained ankle), but they were forgettable.

It's unfortunate that Capela can't play in a close game down the stretch since he can't hit a freethrow.  We needed his size.

14 bench points....yuck!

We needed Bruno in this game.

Why the heck didn't Rondo play.

I have no complaints on Hunter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

This was a really bad loss.  Worse than the Cleveland loss.  It turns out having a back up point who actually plays is important 🤷‍♂️.  Gallo is really missed, but you can't mismanage a 15 point lead the way the Hawks did.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well...that was disappointing!

We had 12 TOs, Trae had 8 by himself, can't win with that many live ball TOs.

Cam is moving too fast, slow down bud. And he isn't playing sound defense, too much of a gambler sometimes.

Too many missed dunks and easy putbacks by John.

Another stinker by Bogi, yes he only played 18 minutes (sprained ankle), but they were forgettable.

It's unfortunate that Capela can't play in a close game down the stretch since he can't hit a freethrow.  We needed his size.

14 bench points....yuck!

We needed Bruno in this game.

Why the heck didn't Rondo play.

I have no complaints on Hunter.

Hunter is also the only player I have no complaints about. I know Trae puts up big numbers, but sometimes it doesn't feel like he has a steady hand on the tiller. 

• Like 4

I’m really pissed but I’m going to save my words for another day and just say unacceptable loss!

Hawks are giving me Falcon vibes and that’s far from good. I can’t handle too many more “should have won games”...I’m going to flip the hell out we lose like this again.

im in full support of the team but shit get it together including the coaches. You can’t talk all this good stuff about making the playoffs then lose games like this. It’s almost better to just lose by 20 rather be up by 15 and lose the f***in lead twice!!! ....SHHEEESSSHHHH 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1