• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (The Next One)

lethalweapon3

I don’t sweat the turnover total too tough (alliteration hey!).  They’re like interceptions, they each have their own story and blame.  If the TO committer helps to recover the possession back quickly with no damage or if it’s just a great defensive play I don’t trip.  A 30 foot airball with no one else touching the ball or the idiotic baseline inbounds violation yeah I’m tripping.  I didn’t see any egregious ones from Trae outside of a long lob and Nunn pick-pocket from over dribbling but I may be missing some.

If Trae is helping the team defend like he did tonight I’m good.  If so a simple and quick 8-point burst from him can be the difference many nights, mainly against teams were supposed to freaking beat.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

You got 6 out of 7 locked down. A little early to say No. 3 is busted. If you think 94 pts wins most nights you are sorely mistaken. 

I doubt they win consistently with Trae limited offensively. Dont win tonight if Trae isn't taking and making those long 3s in the 4th. 

At least you are consistent

9 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Check Nate's post game he explains everything well including trapping, and why john wasn't in the 4th

I’d love to hear Erik Spoelstra’s reaction to how the team looked as opposed to Sunday, he’s usually very candid about those type of things.

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Wow.  That’s thinking outside the box.  Sign that man to a year at least.  In the morning.

He also went with Solo over JC to match up vs Tatum down the stretch vs Boston in the first matchup  - there was a lot of crying of why was Solo playing, lol.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mrhonline said:

Previous lowest opponent point total this season: 94

NBA games coached by Lloyd Pierce where opponent scored less than 90 points: 2 out of 183 games

Great stat.  Lloyd should’ve been ashamed to call himself a “defensive guy.”  Nate do this sh!t.

7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

At least you are consistent

I mean....until the numbers say otherwise I'll stick with the data. This isn't some pie in the sky opinion. I base it on the actual games and their outcomes. 

BTW..  one trend continued tonight. Hawks are now 12-2 when Trae shoots 40% or better from 3pt. 

• Like 3

It’s been a minute since I was able to fully enjoy a night game in the NBA after my Hawks win (Gallinari’s lucky game didn’t hit right). I can kick back and watch Devin Booker and Dennis cook.  No Point God tho wtf.

Edited by benhillboy

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Well...A lot of myths were busted tonight!

6. Capela can't be played late in the 4th quarter

7. The team should have waited longer to fire LLoyd Pierce

Say it louder for my homies in the back

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That’s interesting. I felt like collins should or could have been on the floor at the end but hell what do I know! 

oh I know 1 thing...he bet not try that shit with Trae! Ain’t no situation trae shouldn’t be on the floor unless we are up by 2 or 3 and the opponent has the ball with 4 or 5 seconds left to tie or win it...then yeah sit Trae.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

Say it louder for my homies in the back

Capela is imo our indisputable best player right now so I will never understand why he wasn't playing late in the 4th.  Not only is he our best defender and anchor our defense, he gives us multiple chances on offense, sets solid screens, and can catch lobs (how many lobs yall see Gallo throw down???)

AND even if you entertain the foul argument, there's a better chance he makes both free throws than misses both, with the most likely outcome he makes 1.  That's not a terrible outcome in most scenarios.

• Like 3