• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks (Hump Day, 7 PM Tip!)

lethalweapon3

5 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Must really suck for the rest of the East that we are sitting at 4th in the conference considering all of the flaws you just pointed out. Even more embarrassing for them that we had the 3rd most missed games due to injury in the league this season and yet they are still looking up at us.

Man, you are right, we are not a very good team at all. No paint presence on the roster, especially without that Clint guy hogging rebounds and leading the  entire league in that category. No rim protection at all if you remove the top 3 leader in blocks. And that JC guy, what a weakling, only getting 2 big time blocks tonight. 

You are so spot on with your assessment. Especially considering the timing of it. Couldn't have been more timely to point out those criticisms. We out rebounded and out blocked the Wizards, but it's just smoke and mirrors considering they actually have 2x 7 footers on their roster to our none. Damn, I really wish we kept Alex Len instead of Clint Capela. Alex is a true 7 footer and you can really tell the difference.

Great post @FL_BRYANT it needed to be said, and you stepped up and delivered.

Never said they weren't a good team but I'm looking for great. After Capela they have no paint or rim protection.  This is not a physical team at all and they give up a ton of points in the paint. Don't get mad at me for pointing it out. With a stronger front line they would have fewer frustrating loses and would really compete against the top teams in the East and the league. Out rebounding the Wizards ain't no badge of honor. We're talking about Len and Lopez. Good Lord! We struggled to beat them and Beal didn't play. I'm just Ilooking at where we have to grow to get better. We have plenty shooting so where else can we improve? Listening to you they're a complete team with no room for improvement. Let's see how far that gets them.

8 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Wizards fans are killing Scott Brooks on Twitter for not having him in the game the entire 4th quarter.

As they should, goodness.  All dude did was put up 22 stat points in only 17 minutes.  Brooks is the best of the awful coaches lol.  If the DC media asked him about it I guarantee he didn’t have a coherent answer.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, JTB said:

First off glad we won....of course! Can’t sleep on the next 2 games however.

I have two gripes about this one!

1. This was an important game as far as seeding goes and it didn’t feel like this team had any real energy until the 4th. That’s not a good thing...change that mentality especially with the playoffs around the corner! Hawks played the first 3 quarters like they were supposed to win the game.

2. I will always defend Trae young but tonight he made some very questionable shot selections down the stretch BUT at the same time made great playmaking decisions!....smh...get it together Trae. Attack the basket relentlessly when the lane is open. I understand you have to take the 3 ball to keep the defense honest but just be better.

Ive seen some this was a playoff feeling type of game....yeah well in my opinion it didn’t have to be. Not discrediting the Wiz I just don’t think we played anywhere near what we are capable of.

Glad I'm not the only one. That pull up 3 he missed, with no one under the basket, had me grumbling quite a bit.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Glad I'm not the only one. That pull up 3 he missed, with no one under the basket, had me grumbling quite a bit.

Has he had a shooting slump this bad since his rookie year?  The crazy thing is he is still scoring 30 points a game.  Floater game is on point.

• Like 2

Couple of thoughts from Yogi Berra of the hated NY Yankees.  (Yogi ism)

1- "It ain't over 'til it's over.  

2- "Half of this game is 90% mental.

Admit it.  If you were like me, you gave up.  This game is a lost cause.  Oops!  Wait!  Hawks are still alive!  Can we possibly - - ?  Oh my gosh!  We're still alive!!

1- Yep.  I gave up.  Hawks didn't.  Bogie, we all think of as our great 3 point shooter, shows everyone that he is more than that.  He knows defense!  I didn't know this.  Guess he showed me....

2- Yep.  When I was moaning about this loss, Hawks were believing they still could.  And, they did!  Great come back!  They believe in themselves.  Who am I to doubt them?  I can't help myself.  Too many lost games in our recent (3 years) history.  Need to clear my mind with these and do like these Hawks, believe.

Two more to go and Hunter is available for both games.  Those last minute free throws....  WOW!

GO ATL HAWKS!!  Get these last two !!

:smug:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I was fuming but he wasn't the only one. Kevin, Bogi, Lou, and Gallo weren't making open threes either. JC wasn't as well till the end.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dejay said:

That was damn near malfeasance to have Len on the court instead of Gafford. He was on pace for a career night and probably would've had one had he stayed in the game.

But as they say, that's a them problem. Orlando is the top priority now...

I can only imagine the dude was gassed.  He carried them for a long stretch but he's also not used to playing starters minutes.  Either way, gassed or coaching brain fart, I'm happy to be on the other end of it.

I remember seeing Gafford at ARK vs GT when he was considered a lotto pick.  I have no idea how/why he fell in that draft but I was disappointed we didn't end up with him.  Maybe WAS, or more pointedly, Westbrook will unlock his game.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I was fuming but he wasn't the only one. Kevin, Bogi, Lou, and Gallo weren't making open threes either. JC wasn't as well till the end.

Jollins drill'd that thang, didn't he?  Hope the shooting woes only last a night because the whole team was off.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I can only imagine the dude was gassed.  He carried them for a long stretch but he's also not used to playing starters minutes.  Either way, gassed or coaching brain fart, I'm happy to be on the other end of it.

I remember seeing Gafford at ARK vs GT when he was considered a lotto pick.  I have no idea how/why he fell in that draft but I was disappointed we didn't end up with him.  Maybe WAS, or more pointedly, Westbrook will unlock his game.

Jollins drill'd that thang, didn't he?  Hope the shooting woes only last a night because the whole team was off.

He made his three when we needed it the most. 

Daniel was clearly gassed but it was like when LP didn't put back Capela in saying he is gassed. He wasn't gassed that late into the game. Just admit you liked what you had on the court and you felt they just needed to make shots.

• Like 4