• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Pacers

lethalweapon3

4 hours ago, Hawkmoor said:

I said that a few days ago and Diesel said that don't mean anything, lmao.  The entire Western Conference has flipped while the Hawks are just being the Hawks.  But hey, they can do the "ice trae" at State Farm Arena.

When I keep saying we ended our rebuild 3 years too early, we got fools on here who get-up in arms about it. 

This mess is due to us lacking patience and the moody star and his pestering dad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, deester11 said:

Hell nah Supes. It ain't cause that dude is out. Let's argue about it.  Hunter needs to be gone.  Period.  Tired of the wait..he's a defensive guru my nutz.  He's azz. I said it. Meet me about it.

I miss the gang..minus hunter😂😂😂

IMB_20200309112416_yfRh.gif

Another lost, another goofy gif saying, we good supes, why, I have no clue supes but we good. We gotta do better as a fanbase. 

We not good, we ass. Stop thinking otherwise. This team literally extremely lives and dies off jumpshots when Dre is not here and they generally always live and die off jumpshots. 

Edited by NBASupes

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Good Lord I just saw the finals score at work. Wtf 😳!!!! Ummm do I need to watch this or throw it away? @JayBirdHawk @kg01 @whoeverelsewatcheditandhasthoughts

😞 damn a Buck fity doh 😖 geeez.

So, it was already heading in a bad direction then fake-hustle defense playing TJ McConnell knocked heads with Trae.  He wasn't the same after that and the broadcast mentioned the staff was imploring Trae to keep attacking.  I have a feeling he probably should've sat after that.  He was clearly affected.

Other than that, it was just a weird night.  IND literally made 15 shots in a row at one point.  Then, even after a miss, went like 17-18 for a stretch.  It was crazy.  They're not that good and, despite our _efense, we're not that bad.

@Sothron is right (for once 😉) that we have no perimeter defenders.  Trae was our best perimeter defender last night.  Let that sink in. 

For all the folks calling for us to move forward with Murray because hes a "2-way guy", explain why hes always gettin' cooked in a croc-pot on D?  Is he withholding this amazing(sic) defense to force a trade?  And it's absolutely not because he's guarding bigger players all the time, which is a lame excuse.

• Thanks 4

5 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Another lost, another goofy gif saying, we good supes, why, I have no clue supes but we good. We gotta do better as a fanbase. 

We not good, we ass. Stop thinking otherwise. This team literally extremely lives and dies off jumpshots when Dre is not here and they generally always live and die off jumpshots. 

Goofy gif or not, you and Soth can ride that Hunter train all you want.  But this Hunter is out stuff is stupid.  I agree we stink.

Edited by deester11
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Hunter

Hunter is a$$ I’m sorry. I don’t want to keep him for that so called defense or whatnot, I think I could get Hunter’s d from cheaper folks out there.

Stop overrating his defense if he was that could we could see the difference he makes to our teams as far as shutting down their best player. 

I don’t remember a damn time this season where Hunter’s primary defense was the reason we won a game.

This board is clinging on to Hunter and acting like he’s got talent beyond what we’ve seen. This is it for Hunter, his ceiling is mad low now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, NBASupes said:

When I keep saying we ended our rebuild 3 years too early, we got fools on here who get-up in arms about it. 

This mess is due to us lacking patience and the moody star and his pestering dad. 

I agree with the last part. The patience part is they have too much patience.  They dangle players out there too long on the trade market and devalue the player's value. The ULTIMATE problem is Trae Young is not a winner,  not a champioship type player. He is not a team player.  It doesn't matter what kind of rims you put on the car if the engine is bad.  Thats the Hawks main problem.  He makes players like Hunter look pedestrian.  The offense is too Trae centric and not in a good way. Ownership doesn't care because it sells the "ice trae" at State Farm Arena.

HBTczF.gif

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

I agree with the last part. The patience part is they have too much patience.  They dangle players out there too long on the trade market and devalue the player's value. The ULTIMATE problem is Trae Young is not a winner,  not a champioship type player. He is not a team player.  It doesn't matter what kind of rims you put on the car if the engine is bad.  Thats the Hawks main problem.  He makes players like Hunter look pedestrian.  The offense is too Trae centric and not in a good way. Ownership doesn't care because it sells the "ice trae" at State Farm Arena.

HBTczF.gif

There are parts of this I could possibly Squint and see.  But making Hunter pedestrian is laughable. He does a good job of that on his own.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member

People said it at the time and we laughed, but they were 100% right.  Going to the ECF was the worst thing that could've happened to this franchise/team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, shakes said:

People said it at the time and we laughed, but they were 100% right.  Going to the ECF was the worst thing that could've happened to this franchise/team.

We killed the team's future for a short term run. If we didn't do that, we probably would have sold high on players like JC before ever giving him that contract extention 

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I don’t remember a damn time this season where Hunter’s primary defense was the reason we won a game.

Remember waaaay back in October 2021 when we were still in the throws of COVID and Hunter locked up Luka in our first game of the season? That was the last time I remember thinking we won a game from Hunters defense. He then proceeded to miss a third of the season. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

SHARING SEVERAL THOUGHTS ABOUT LAST NIGHT'S GAME:

Defense?  What defense?  Pacers hit 15 in a row, missed one, then hit three or four more.

Murray's good/terrible night - - He scored 30 points and was -20 for this game.

Why did the Hawks call Kobe Bufkin up from the Skyhawks?  He's not even dressing out for the games.  Could have played.

Three point shots.  Hawks hit 10 of theirs.  Pacers hit 19 of theirs.  Can't win with these odds.  Defense?

Fit?  Hawks team just don't fit against this Pacers team.  Expect the same results in their next game.

Anyone remember?  I wanted the Hawks to draft the Pacers PG.  We passed.  Took Big 00 instead.  

There are trades and rumors of trades but no Hawk movement.  Maybe?  Sometime soon?

Siakam and his Canadian team's demands have cooled the market on his rental.  Going to the 76ers next summer.

Hawks game was a stinker but at least the Pacers buried them after the killing.

We on the Squawk must wear out our erasers as we try, and fail, to remove this game from our memory!!

:ahf:

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Going to the ECF wasn't the problem.  It's what we did after.  We didn't make any attempts to improve the team.  In fact we went the other way.  

EXACTLY!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member

I don't disagree with any of this:

Indiana may struggle defensively like the hawks, but they have functional athletes on the wing/at guard (nesmith, nembhard, brown) and big men who play with energy, toughness and grit

• Thanks 2