Official Game Thread: Pistons at Hawks -- the Home Opener!

lethalweapon3

19 hours ago, bleachkit said:

They are great when they go in, when they don't they are back breakers. He still is not making an effort to play off the ball to get open looks for himself. CLP should play Rondo and Trae together as an experiment.

Don't worry.  It's coming.

IF LP played Gallo at the 5, the Rondo / Trae combo is coming.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

100% agree about Rondo.  He's totally embraced being the senior guy on the team and being the team leader.  I loved Vince, but Rondo still has enough game to affect the game not only on the sideline, but also out on the floor.

Trae needed a mentor as well.  If anything, Rondo will make him a little tougher, which we've seen a lot more toughness out of Trae this season already.

+1000 to this. Trae needs an experienced vet like Rondo to teach him how to be a real floor general. Understanding the nuances of the position and making better decisions are the next steps in his development. I think some fans are criticizing him as if he's a finished product when he's nowhere near his prime and only in his third season. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, marco102 said:

Google each of these players worst plays or watch on YouTube then you'll see them.

You guys are totally missing the point.  No one is talking about missed layup etc. I was referring to poor decisions.  Y'all do know the difference right?  That logo shot is a poor decision period.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Don't worry.  It's coming.

IF LP played Gallo at the 5, the Rondo / Trae combo is coming.

The whole Rondo/Trae combo is a terrible idea.   You just want somebody injured.    Forget about the offense, what happens when the PG is matched up with a PF on the switch?

18 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You guys are totally missing the point.  No one is talking about missed layup etc. I was referring to poor decisions.  Y'all do know the difference right?  That logo shot is a poor decision period.

You are missing the point. You literally said you never seen the players you listed make a poor decision.  In lack of better words, you know you're lying to say you've never seen those players make a poor decision. 

The one thing I must say, is you miss the forest for the trees.  You focus on one minuscule thing and complain about it.  Trae is literally the most efficient player in the league right now and here you are talking about 4 shots he's taken over three games.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

He is statistically an above average 3pt shooter from 30+ feet and that's something defenders are forced to respect. It's a net positive and it helps enable Trae to do all the crazy things we've seen him do. Plus Lillard has proven you can even be a great 40+% shooter from that range. Something to aspire to. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, High5 said:

He is statistically an above average 3pt shooter from 30+ feet and that's something defenders are forced to respect. It's a net positive and it helps enable Trae to do all the crazy things we've seen him do. Plus Lillard has proven you can even be a great 40+% shooter from that range. Something to aspire to. 

He shoots a higher percentage closer in is my point so why take the logo 3 or the low percentage 3 when you don't have to?

5 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I wish I could say I was surprised that someone would be complaining about a 3-0 start and Trae playing at a MVP level but considering who that someone is, well....

Careful.  Someone's gonna go to the mods about you callin' him out. 😲

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Careful.  Someone's gonna go to the mods about you callin' him out. 😲

If quoting someone doesn't mean you are talking to that person (at least according to said person) then how can obliquely referencing an unnamed person be anything mod worthy? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

He shoots a higher percentage closer in is my point so why take the logo 3 or the low percentage 3 when you don't have to?

I agree that Trae shouldn't take a lot of those extra long threes.  However, when he takes, and makes this shot, our opponent has the worry about this for the balance of the game,  It pulls the defense closer to the center line and makes more room for the Hawks offense to operate.

To me, this is the great part that the long three plays.  It plays tricks with the thinking of our opponent.  Shooting this when he doesn't have to is the best time.  Too many is not good either.

:hi:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

He shoots better from the corners, sure, but otherwise he's better from deeper. Last season he shot .250 from 22-24 feet (excluding corners), .351 from 25-29, and .362 from 30+.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Game breakdown of our miscues which were mostly defense, all fixable. They have to be locked in for tonights game.

“I thought we got a little complacent,” said Solomon Hill postgame. “I think we did the same thing we did in the first half: we got out to a good start, capitalized on their mistakes ... the past couple of teams that we’ve played have been desperate at the end of games and that desperation can lead to easy points, which it did for them. We went into setting our own pace to end the game to having — when Jerami Grant made that three on the right-hand- wing — we had an ‘oh shit’ moment. We can’t have those moments in the fourth quarter against a team that’s missing a few guys. Our ability to finish games is going to be a big determining factor on how we end the season.”

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheFuzz said:

I'm really liking Solomon Hill. Smart guy. Him and Rondo proving me wrong (did not like either signing)

I couldn't stand Rondo until he called out DWade and JButler in Chicago for their lack of leadership for the young players. Loved it.

The Hill signing was confusing for me as well. Since his contract was a NG, I swear he would be cut, thought he would be a practice body. Oh well, glad I was wrong. I hope he can keep up his hot 3 point shooting but it's the little things that won't show up in the stat sheet that you see from him during games on defense - I have seen him many times directing/shoving these young players into position on defense.

• Like 2