• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at heat (Sunday)

lethalweapon3

15 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

The crazy thing is Trae is doubled/tripled team the most in the NBA,  but yet, these coaches say he's not All Star worthy? Then stop double/triple teaming him. 

They know no other Hawk can dribble a basketball..lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, terrell said:

Kevin was horrible defender in College..Why try to pair that up with Trae? lol.. Im not drafting ANYONE that cant play defense after drafting Trae Young.....

Kevin defense isn't as bad as looks with Trae. I been saying we would look at Cam as one of the best defensive players in the NBA if he played with Philly and not around f***ing Trae. His ability to cover ground with elite length is the #1 skill you want from a defensive wing other than switchable size. When you play with Trae, he misses a lot of assignments. Kevin issue isn't assignments, he just doesn't move well in space. That's why he's all about assignments and anticipation but you can't win doing that shit with Trae. Ya'll would have a totally different view of Kevin if he was playing with LeBron and the Lakers. 

Listening to Trae’s presser I am impressed he shot down any notion of being injured and said he felt good.  He’ll always come with the “shots weren’t falling” cliche though smh.  Shots are just falling more for the other team because you’re on the floor.

Edited by benhillboy

When the NBA was out of commission, I watched a lot of basketball youtube vidoes. A guy I picked up was a D3 star named D'Vontay Friga. He talked a lot of s#&t and mostly backed it up on the courts. Very fun to watch. I don;t understand the Trae hate. He's fun to watch. We all wanted this type of player for the Hawks. As I mentioned before, I like our team better now than the Bibby, Joe, Marvin, Josh, & Horford team. We're young and growing. Hunter is the "keystone". We'll be there folks. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MarylandHawk said:

There is no point hating on Trae. He is probably the best player the Hawks will ever have. We need to find a way to make it work. This game is entirely on Pierce.   I want Pierce to succeed because he deserves a shot to coach a team expected to win, but he is not adding value right now. 

Based on what? I see Hunter as our best overall player in the near future....We're not winning anything with Trae as our best player imo...Hes like MIni Harden, but he's not as good as Harden. 

Edited by terrell

20 minutes ago, AHawks89 said:

Hate it or love it, we do not need to trade anyone. We are set at our 1, 3, 4, & 5. Crazy is media is starting rumors that we need to trade Collins. (doesnt surprise me) I hope and belive that's complete BS. We're just missing a 2 now. Let us grow and build chemistry. We will be there very soon. Stay positive folks. We're on the way.

Very true. You can’t make trades when this team hasn’t been healthy all season, the chemistry isn’t there, no training camp , no real practices, major injuries to key players, and we need a coach who knows how to use all these weapons .

If schlenk does make a trade of any significance giving away one of our core players it will be very questionable. Just too many what if’s going on right now . I don’t feel like we know what team and roster could fully do 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Kevin was horrible defender in College..Why try to pair that up with Trae? lol.. Im not drafting ANYONE that cant play defense after drafting Trae Young.....

The thing is rotations.  Ideally you want Kevin to come off the bench and never be paired with Trae. This still can be accomplished for the most part even with our injuries. LP is just a fool.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

can someone explain what is wrong with this team, we have the players , collins is back from suspension, we have capela. and some nice role players. why are we playing like the worst team in the nba. we are 2-8 on our last 10 games. 

Im watching but i cant tell WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS TEAM THEY PISS ME OFF SO MUCH

There is no consistent offense for our second team and role players to play. They aren't coached hard and don’t scare other teams. If you go back and look at all our losses, you will see big nights from a bunch of bench and role players on the other teams. They simply dont respect us and play hard every minute they are on the court and when our team relaxes, which they always do, they go on big runs. Our team only has a plan for the starters and HOPE our bench doesn't cause too much damage when they are out there.  Meanwhile people like Nunn, Dort, Windler, etc. have career games against us. 

Just now, MarylandHawk said:

There is no consistent offense for our second team and role players to play. They aren't coached hard and don’t scare other teams. If you go back and look at all our losses, you will see big nights from a bunch of bench and role players on the other teams. They simply dont respect us and play hard every minute they are on the court and when our team relaxes, which they always do, they go on big runs. Our team only has a plan for the starters and HOPE our bench doesn't cause too much damage when they are out there.  Meanwhile people like Nunn, Dort, Windler, etc. have career games against us. 

makes sense................... why arent they playing harder

4 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

There was a lot of competition to get in the all star game. Other players were considered more deserving, that how it goes. The reverses were Brown, Harden, Lavine, Randle, Simmons, Tatum, Vucevic. Tough to break into that group.

I'll take Trae as my PG over any of these guys. Dude is the best passer in the NBA and COULD score any time if he wanted to. Yes, his defense may be trash but he has stepped up his defense a lot. What is the best stat to look up defense ratings? Honest question haha. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

They know no other Hawk can dribble a basketball..lol

We literally lost our last game on Friday to a team that only had one guy who can dribble but we are always crying about another dribble guy when Kevin ain't that bad at it. Then we added Bogi who's good at it and he stunk with Trae and most of his effective mins are off the pine with Gallo and Kev. Ya'll don't realize it but Trae is James Harden without being no where as good as James Harden. That's why I call him Marbury. Marbury had some amazing traits but he didn't impact games like the metrics was saying. As he got older, we realized what he was. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Kevin defense isn't as bad as looks with Trae. I been saying we would look at Cam as one of the best defensive players in the NBA if he played with Philly and not around f***ing Trae. His ability to cover ground with elite length is the #1 skill you want from a defensive wing other than switchable size. When you play with Trae, he misses a lot of assignments. Kevin issue isn't assignments, he just doesn't move well in space. That's why he's all about assignments and anticipation but you can't win doing that shit with Trae. Ya'll would have a totally different view of Kevin if he was playing with LeBron and the Lakers. 

Trade him to LA then....lol

14 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Travis has the right mindset to draft Kevin at 19. He was the right pick. The issue is, you can't predict how hard it is to play with Trae till you play with Trae. 

Trae would've had 12 assists if Kevin would've made the shots coming from Trae's passes.

Trae should be the EASIEST guy to play with, because as much attention as Trae gets, you as a wing are going to get wide open shot after wide open shot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, hawkzlova123 said:

just a random thought but there has to be some scientific method, equation whatever to apply that can help you make every shot. 

the whole idea is not that complicated. b

ball needs to go inside the basket

Need a better offensive scheme. Pierce offense is non existent. The players don’t know what to do vs certain defensive looks. Pierce also doesn’t seem to know how to get players open consistently enough. Some of this is due to injuries but most is Pierce failure to get the players to understand exactly what this offense is all about .

players can be blamed too of course to a certain extent 

• Like 1