• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at 76ers -- GAME 1

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

One thing I have taken for granted this season is how solid of free throw shooters we have.  Watching Luka and Ben Simmons brick free throws all post season has to be infuriating as a Mavs/Sixers fan.  If Ben Simmons could shoot free throws we might have actually collapsed and lost this game today and the series looks a lot different.

We have one the worst in Capela, but he isnt at the line too much for it to be a major concern. Only a few teams have tried hack a Capela this year. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

We have one the worst in Capela, but he isnt at the line too much for it to be a major concern. Only a few teams have tried hack a Capela this year. 

He’s not all that far behind behind Ben Simmons. So there’s a counter to hack-A’Capela.

6 hours ago, terrell said:

Up 2-0 coming home? I'd be pissed if it was us..lol

Ask any of us Braves fans what it felt like and we'll recall the '96 World Series. I lost a lot of $$$ on that. A lot of $$$....

• Like 1

• Premium Member
10 hours ago, Final_quest said:

Guys, I don't think Dallas regrets trading for Luka.  Much harder to get a playoff series win out west.  I think both the Hawks and Mavs are ecstatic to draft a franchise cornerstone. 

The conversation just got a little more interesting that you can actually make a case for Trae Young > Luka.  If the playoff run continues, I think people would give it some thought.    

Funny thing is you ask both team if they would take a redo and both would emphatically refuse. Dallas has built their team around Luka and the Hawks have built their team around Trae. Honestly I feel the Hawks have done a better job in the building department.

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, HawkingAwesome said:

So about that simmons block on collins, wasnt that a foul?

Yes, but there was a lot of ball, so while I think it's definitely a foul it's not the worst non call in the game. Gallo fouled on his dunk attempt was a worse one.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yes, but there was a lot of ball, so while I think it's definitely a foul it's not the worst non call in the game. Gallo fouled on his dunk attempt was a worse one.

Yeah true, but the simmons thing is what all the media is showing as a good play by philthy

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, bleachkit said:

I dont see how they are going to be get much better. They are stuck with Porzingus awful contract, that is bordering on negative value. If I were the Mavs I would try to try to shake things up now, before you have to pay Luka. 

Yea, there is no easy path to make that team better right now with the KP contract that is looking awful. We are talking about a team with Tim Hardaway JR. as their second best offensive player here.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Dejay said:

Ask any of us Braves fans what it felt like and we'll recall the '96 World Series. I lost a lot of $$$ on that. A lot of $$$....

I think it's more similar to last year's Braves losing the 3-1 lead to the Dodgers. Extremely disapointing but it's not like it was some huge shocker, the Dodgers were easily a better team by a wide margin. 

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Ya'll still don't get it.

Trae IS the hero.  So of course he's going to take some "hero shots".  Why?  Because he can make them.

But how many people noticed that Bogi went 2 - 9 FG ( 1 - 6 from 3 ) in the 4th quarter, and was 1 - 8 ( 0 - 5 ) before he made that big 3 at the end?  Bogi was 3 - 12 ( 2 - 8 from 3 ) in the 2nd half . . with the 2 threes he made being extremely deep 3s.

Once again. don't be concerned about the distance of Trae's shots.  It's all about if he's in rhythm to shoot the ball.

Thats not what I'm talking about. Trae should have driven to the basket and taken a floater or foul baited there. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is now the narrative on ESPN and FS1.  But I think they're simply covering for "that dude in Dallas", and not addressing the fact that he blew a 2 - 0 lead, while having 3 of his next 5 games at home.

One of the great stats to me, that defines who are the offensive superstars in this league, is the Win Score/per 48 min stat.

Normally, if you are .150 or higher, you are a very good player that is capable of being an All-Star.  If you're above .200, now you're talking about superstar status.

Playoff leaders in WS/48 among "star" players 

• Harden:       .406
  • Embiid:        .320
  • Leonard:      .318
  • Gobert:        .268
  • Durant:        .236
  • Trae:            .222
  • Simmons:    .219
  • Jokic:           .215
  • Giannis:       .215
  • Mitchell:      .215

( Collins is at .214 and Capela are at .210, by the way )

• That dude in Dallas:   .123

And last year in the playoffs, he was at .120

So who's the REAL "empty stats" guy?

WS stands for win shares not win score fyi, and if you win games there are more win shares to go around. It's a stat that gives credit for wins, so it is biased towards players who are winning. Trae had a very bad WS total last year but he was balling out if his damn mind. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

This is now the narrative on ESPN and FS1.  But I think they're simply covering for "that dude in Dallas", and not addressing the fact that he blew a 2 - 0 lead, while having 3 of his next 5 games at home.

One of the great stats to me, that defines who are the offensive superstars in this league, is the Win Score/per 48 min stat.

Normally, if you are .150 or higher, you are a very good player that is capable of being an All-Star.  If you're above .200, now you're talking about superstar status.

Playoff leaders in WS/48 among "star" players 

• Harden:       .406
  • Embiid:        .320
  • Leonard:      .318
  • Gobert:        .268
  • Durant:        .236
  • Trae:            .222
  • Simmons:    .219
  • Jokic:           .215
  • Giannis:       .215
  • Mitchell:      .215

( Collins is at .214 and Capela are at .210, by the way )

• That dude in Dallas:   .123

And last year in the playoffs, he was at .120

So who's the REAL "empty stats" guy?

i have no clue what you just said dude but i like it

• Haha 2