• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks -- ECF GAME 3

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Hawks are never going to the finals unless They get someone real to play with Trae. They had a good second half, they will give Nate a big contract and perhaps underachiever next year unless the roster is upgraded and Nate will exit in the middle of his contact possibly. He never lasts.

To be honest Bogi is real enough but he is hurt. I do think they could upgrade though. Even if they don’t and Dre and Cam step up next year we could be better. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae is not the issue on defense.  They've successfully hid him on guys like Tucker and Forbes.

The problem is that we're playing a 3 guard offense vs 2 bigs and a legit SF in Middleton.

If Cam can go, he needs to get a legit shot at minutes at the 3, to see if he can be a defensive disruptor.

Let me clarify the Trae part.  I'm not talking about Trae's defense.  I'm talking about his offense.  Both Philadelphia and Milwaukee are using their size at times to slow Trae down on offense.  That means that Bogi has to take pressure off Trae.  If he is not hitting his open shots, the LENGTH of the defense can effect Trae if he can't turn the corner and get into the paint. 

In the playoffs, EVERYTHING is magnified.  Matchups are the key in the playoffs.  The Hawks small size hurts them on defense because of their short front court, and hurts them on offense because Trae has to fight thru the length of the blitzs coming at him.  Thats why Milwaukee even at times had Giannis come out and guard Trae.  Bogi HAS to hit 3 pointers to make them stop doing that.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

This officially makes Game 4 a must win. Hopefully they do what they did against the 76ers and they go back to Milwaukee 2-2. These 'every other day' games aren't doing Trae's ankle any favors. 

Love the optimism but Trae has a sprain, it will get mighty stiff by next game. Would be a miracle if he plays imo. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Now this is some real bull 💩.  Hawks are IN the finals this year if Hunter and Bogie are healthy. They'll be in contention for years to come if they stay healthy. 

You're probably not getting to the finals with guys like Collins, Hunter or Bogi as your number 2.

Good players but you need a little more at this time of the year.

The bench also needs some changes. Gallo pretty much has ran solo in terms of the bench.

Lou Williams didn't really pay off... 

Solo should be cut ASAP.

There is probably less than a week to go... We'll see what happens.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Plainview1981 said:

You're probably not getting to the finals with guys like Collins, Hunter or Bogi as your number 2.

The bench also needs some changes. Gallo pretty much has ran solo in terms of the bench.

Solo should be cut ASAP.

Hunter is a potential #2 he was starting to light it up before his injury. 

10 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

And DUNN! We need someone to defend at the point of attack. Bucks got whatever they wanted on offense tonight, especially Middleton.

Nate is expecting his offensive guys to provide defense.

I agree that it may be time to empty every bullet you have, to see if we can solve our defensive issues.

This is what Tyronn Lue had to do in those first 2 rounds.  He was not adverse to even playing his 12th man, to see if that player can provide a spark.

The Trae injury MIGHT be a blessing in disguise, because it's going to force Nate to really dig deep with his rotations.  Maybe Dunn is the one to go with, instead of Lou, in this series.

If Cam and Dunn can go ( which it looked like they can in Game 2 ), I want to see those guys out on the floor in Game 4.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, AHF said:

Truth lies in the middle for me.  If Nate puts Cam in and he is overmatched and we lose then he will get blamed.  If he puts in Snell and he gets torched and we lose he will get the blame.  If he plays Solo and we lose, he will get the blame.  Once Trae got hurt and Middleton got hot, it may well have been that every possible strategy led to a loss.  I was wondering if we shouldn’t have left Trae on the bench.  

But on the other hand, the expected result when Solo plays is a big negative.  He was the Big 0 tonight with 0 points, 0 assists, 0 offensive rebounds, 0 steals and 0 blocks to go with his -14 +/- in 15 minutes of play.  And none of that is particularly surprising for him.  

I’m going to split the baby and not blame Nate for the loss while also hoping he doesn’t rely like this on Solo again.  Putting Cam in could be a disaster but that feels like taking a swing.  Solo feels like watching that pitch go down the middle of the plate and taking the strikeout without swinging.  

What about Hack-a-Giannis? Once you see Middleton scoring 10 points in 2 minutes, you have to do something, anything to slow him down.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

Love the optimism but Trae has a sprain, it will get mighty stiff by next game. Would be a miracle if he plays imo. 

I know. If it was as painful to him as it looked during the game, it's going to be much worse later on. Unreal. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

Solo should be cut ASAP.

Meh....your opinions are constantly negative and pessimistic. I don't buy into the dark cloud stuff over all of our players not named Trae. Hunter is plenty good to be the 2. And the bench would be significantly better if Hunter and Cam were healthy too. 

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 2

• Moderators
Just now, SalvorMallow said:

What about Hack-a-Giannis? Once you see Middleton scoring 10 points in 2 minutes, you have to do something, anything to slow him down.

That can work but not in the last two minutes.  He barely touched the ball down the stretch.

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

Truth lies in the middle for me.  If Nate puts Cam in and he is overmatched and we lose then he will get blamed.  If he puts in Snell and he gets torched and we lose he will get the blame.  If he plays Solo and we lose, he will get the blame.  Once Trae got hurt and Middleton got hot, it may well have been that every possible strategy led to a loss.  I was wondering if we shouldn’t have left Trae on the bench.  

But on the other hand, the expected result when Solo plays is a big negative.  He was the Big 0 tonight with 0 points, 0 assists, 0 offensive rebounds, 0 steals and 0 blocks to go with his -14 +/- in 15 minutes of play.  And none of that is particularly surprising for him.  

I’m going to split the baby and not blame Nate for the loss while also hoping he doesn’t rely like this on Solo again.  Putting Cam in could be a disaster but that feels like taking a swing.  Solo feels like watching that pitch go down the middle of the plate and taking the strikeout without swinging.  

Solo shouldn't even be in the NBA. There is no legit reason for him to be playing. He doesn't contribute.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Because none of us have coached a pro team.   Just a bunch of jokers with uninformed opinions

Really, I would not have guessed. We should just shut down the Squawk then. :blanky:

• Haha 3