• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Bucks at Hawks -- ECF GAME 3

lethalweapon3

1 minute ago, AUhawksfan said:

Man, this thread is full of overreactions. I’m still team Nate and we wouldn’t be here without him. The loss sucks but let’s see how we come out next game. The series is not over but we need to take the next one 100% if Trae is healthy. 

I think were all still team Nate and want him here next year but that doesn't excuse him throwing out a craptacular 4th quarter coaching job tonight.  No one is above blame when it's deserved that include Trae, KD, Lebron, etc....  You can still love them and praise them for your team but it's more than fine to call out some BS when you see it and they gotta be better next time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Really makes you wonder about that ref trying to take Trae out you know. The history of the NBA is pretty murky stuff when it comes to post season bias and all.

At this point I don’t even know. Ya, possibly. Or we just have the worst luck known to any NBA team throughout history. Ugh. I hope Trae is ok man, that’s just a tough way to decide a series or have it heavily factored. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Threezus said:

Im not giving the refs any leeway either they were garbage as well but even with their garbage the Hawks were in the lead and playing well enough to win.  The minute Huerter left the floor and OO left Middleton went straight nuclear not long after.   Huerter and OO was giving people fits tonight on defense and we were ahead.  To me that means you leave some of your better defending people in instead of the injured players giving you absolute garbage.   

Also im about sick of Cam getting no minutes over  Solo and Bogi no one can tell me he isn;t ready as i seen him play last night and he was more than well enough to give you better minutes than bogi and Solo can even if it's defensively. 

Middleton was nuclear with OO on the floor too.  In fact, his great D on Giannis pushed the ball to Middleton more and that man just couldn’t miss.  NBA Jam rules for him today.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Play Cam, Play OO. Dont be afraid to play your young guys.

And DUNN! We need someone to defend at the point of attack. Bucks got whatever they wanted on offense tonight, especially Middleton.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, Threezus said:

I think were all still team Nate and want him here next year but that doesn't excuse him throwing out a craptacular 4th quarter coaching job tonight.  No one is above blame when it's deserved that include Trae, KD, Lebron, etc....  You can still love them and praise them for your team but it's more than fine to call out some BS when you see it and they gotta be better next time.

No one is perfect, the fact is if refs were not garbage and if Trae didn't just get Tony Hardinged by an NBA official we win the game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, hawkman said:

I'm not saying don't bring him back but this is a legitimate problem that has costed the Hawks Playoff games. A loss on Tuesday and this series won't make it back to Atlanta. With Trae hurt, the game was still right there. 

Understood, but we are playing with house money and playing above expectations with not all of our weapons. The margin of error is very small for Nate. Our chances might be dwindling but I am not going to act like he can’t coach all of a sudden. 

• Like 1

Nate, how in the F do you not play Big O. He's the only guy that slows down Giannis. 

Bad luck on Trae ankle. I think we pull it out if he's healthy.

With Middleton having a career night, you might wanna slide some protection to his side earlier in the shot clock. Nate, you gotta adjust...

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

No one is perfect, the fact is if refs were not garbage and if Trae didn't just get Tony Hardinged by an NBA official we win the game.

But both things are true though. Nate can't control the refs (but he does need to take a T from time to time), but he can put somebody in the game that can slow down Middleton. 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

So what if he has taken us further. He still deserves critism in THIS GAME for some of his lineup rotations. 

Just like in the Philly series. @TheNorthCydeRiseswas banging his drum since game 2 for Nate to play the big lineup, which he finally did more of from G4 on and played Solo less.

You GTFOH!

Nah.  It don't work that way.  Because none of us have coached a pro team.   Just a bunch of jokers with uninformed opinions.   Barkley knows more.   You telling Nate how to run his rotations is like a Blind man telling me what the skyline looks like.   Solo didn't lose this game for us.   Neither did Nate's rotations.   Sometimes, it's just a guys day.  It wouldn't have mattered who's hand was in  Middleton's face... He shot over everybody.   Your speculation is just poor overreaction and to go as far as to blame the coach is poor.

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Middleton was nuclear with OO on the floor too.  In fact, his great D on Giannis pushed the ball to Middleton more and that man just couldn’t miss.  NBA Jam rules for him today.

I wouldn't blame but one of those shots on OO. Collins was getting his ass cooked not cutting off shooting angles. You can do that shit to Giannis but you gotta cover shooting angles for perimeter shooters. Even Trae does this. Kevin and Bogi does it but if you don't cut off shooting angles, it's like practice for a professional on the perimeter, especially Middleton.

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Hawkmoor said:

The Hawks are a talented team, but they are not good enough to overcome bad shooting because they give up too much length at both the point of attack (Trae) AND the front court.  Its as plain as that.

Trae was the problem and not the offensive rebounds???

Ok we have home court advantage back but it’s not the end of the world. Assuming Trae is ok, I think we can get game 4. We need a better showing from Bogi, he’s giving us what he has but we may need Cam if he can go, unless he’s hurt. Lou has to show up for game 4, I thought he would for this one.

Tough game for us, let’s regroup and come back on Tuesday. Okongwu played his heart out, more OO. 

For them, Middleton played the best game I’ve seen him play. Hoping the best in this series and nothing similar moving forward.

GO HAWKS!

• Thanks 1