• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

1 hour ago, Atlantaholic said:

ugh, what happened to Fried. Hell of a time to forget how to pitch. Now they have to face Scherzer and Bueler... nothing easy. 

I wasn’t even mad.  Max was way past due  for a bad start.  It does indeed get hairy now.

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

It does indeed get hairy now.

I believe in Ian. If he can get anything back from what he had going in the playoffs last year, we are in good shape. He hasn’t been the same pitcher but I can see him coming up strong. He’s a composed young man. 

Braves in 6. (Not cocky just confident we can end it next game).

• Like 1

I’ll be damned if J Kidd hasn’t devised a scheme to steal coaches checks from half the league.  Luckily he doesn’t speak to his son or he’d be strong arming Cuban for him to be his lead assistant.  I can only imagine how Cuban coped with that loss last night.  From the same starting point the Hawks have lapped him twice.  Damn man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It's funny how the national guys are barely discussing the Hawks beatdown of the Mavs.  If it was the other way around, it'll be all over every where. 

OMFG I was gonna say it but didn't wanna give them any pub.  If there was an outstanding performance on the other side, it would lead off these shows.  As it is, they've basically given us the score-only treatment .... oh but didja see the HEAT, blah, blah, blah!!!

The built-in "roster" excuse is being played early.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It's funny how the national guys are barely discussing the Hawks beatdown of the Mavs.  If it was the other way around, it'll be all over every where. 

It's also funny how they already have a built in excuse  for Luka or Dallas not doing well.  It's Jason Kidd's fault and the Mav's management fault Luka isn't winning.

Let me show you why Luka wasn't winning last night. 

Mr. Lockdown himself and his side kick Reddish.

They let Powell get away with some egregious moving screens all night long. That crap is annoying AF

• Like 4

• Moderators

Just call him Dog as in 'that Dog will Hunt'

What a lockdown on Luka but that game is just going to embolden Mavs fans who think the players suck.   Is it that Luka doesn't get others involved well enough or the others just suck?   Or is it both?

• Like 2