• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

I'm not very high on the Mavs, but this was still about as great of a first game as you can hope for. A no stress 4th qtr for a 26pt win? Sign me up. 

As a bonus, Gallo didn't even play and I expect Kevin, Trae, and Wright to shoot better on most nights. So they can play even better offensively,  imo.

If they keep the defensive pressure up, they will quickly be seen as elite.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, timebomb said:

Woo! Really nothing to complain about great game except the fans in Atlanta really are embarrassing. For a nationally televised game after we were 2 games from the finals with a super star going against Luka and we all know plus we have the  ~deepest team in the league championship contenders and the stands were covered in free tee shirts for the entire first half. Living in Atlanta my whole life I should’ve expected this but it really is disappointing to see. I promise you if this game was in Dallas we would’ve kicked their ass in front of thousands of crazy fans from start to finish. Atlanta fans have to do better but I’ve lived here my whole life NBA fans exist but Hawks fans?The only way to change it is to get the word out the Hawks are for real and fans need to show up show out and do it early. Other than that wow great game!

The seats were sold. Late arrivals is the issue. Marta may have something to do with that. Also, Braves were playing for a chance at a world series appearance. Thousands of the same fans were there at the park. We good. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hawkster911 said:

Man…if Cam and Dre were healthy in last years entire playoffs…I really think we would have made the finals.  

otherwise, this year…

Huerter has a beautiful mid range game

Dre locked down Luka…same Luka everyone has been talking about with the Luka Vs Trey trade.  Additionally, it was so satisfying to hear the commenters talk about Trey and Cam being the packaged Luka trade.  Sure enough, Cam showed his game on national television.  Hands down we have the best GM in the NBA.  Schlenk can scout, draft, assemble an elite nba team, and can sign free agents (including home grown talent).

I could feel the ATL energy.  The 2nd string looked so good.  Hell, the 3rd string bench looked hungrier (Jalen and Reef).  I’m so excited for our team this year.

Who is Trey?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lethalweapon3 said:

I awoke to fresh chuckles from the great NajehDavenpoop's commentary on Peachtree Hoops, noting all the bad exKincks juju Luka Tha Don has to put up with, including calling the post-game-deprived Porzingis "a glorified Steve Novak".

~lw3

Najeh Davenpoop is an AJC legend. He be saying a lot of stupid shit like (shhhh! ~lw3) tho. 

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Shout out to the wings with blocks, Kev and Dre.  We have a defensive juggernaut on our hands here.  Took some of the sting out of the Braves wetting the bed.

ugh, what happened to Fried. Hell of a time to forget how to pitch. Now they have to face Scherzer and Bueler... nothing easy. 

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Dieng is trash as a starter but he's a beast 2nd unit center. We got so much talent. It's insane. 

Same thing could be said about Delon... both are guys good enough to start, but not for a good team. But in a backup role they are elite. Delon hasn't shown much so far, but I'm confident he'll have his moments too. 

• Like 4