• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Mavericks at Hawks -- The Season Opener!

lethalweapon3

4 hours ago, benhillboy said:

I’ll be damned if J Kidd hasn’t devised a scheme to steal coaches checks from half the league.  Luckily he doesn’t speak to his son or he’d be strong arming Cuban for him to be his lead assistant.  I can only imagine how Cuban coped with that loss last night.  From the same starting point the Hawks have lapped him twice.  Damn man.

I don’t know how anyone could actually read about Kidd’s time in Milwaukee and say, “That’s the guy I want coaching my basketball team.” 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Just call him Dog as in 'that Dog will Hunt'

What a lockdown on Luka but that game is just going to embolden Mavs fans who think the players suck.   Is it that Luka doesn't get others involved well enough or the others just suck?   Or is it both?

Hmm, I dont think I'll be using 'dog' much for ... reasons😑

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FrankWhite said:

I don’t know how anyone could actually read about Kidd’s time in Milwaukee and say, “That’s the guy I want coaching my basketball team.” 

Only thing I'll give him credit for is laying the foundation of what Giannis is today. He was Giannis' first coach to put the ball in his hands to play like a point-forward.

Edited by ATLHawks3

4 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Only thing I'll give him credit for is laying the foundation of what Giannis is today. He was Giannis' first coach to put the ball in his hands to play like a point-forward.

Then you should give that credit to Larry Drew because no matter who the coach was, Giannis was gonna get the ball on those teams. Kidd shouldn't get credit for anything as a coach, ever. 

Spilling the drink on purpose was the only clever thing he's ever done.

2 minutes ago, warcore said:

Then you should give that credit to Larry Drew because no matter who the coach was, Giannis was gonna get the ball on those teams. Kidd shouldn't get credit for anything as a coach, ever. 

Spilling the drink on purpose was the only clever thing he's ever done.

He was never the primary ball-handler on those Larry Drew teams.

34 minutes ago, terrell said:

There is a Hawks/Heat take coming up on Around the Horn...Cant wait to hear how bad the Mavs played..........

You really gonna be a bad teammate and make us go give them clicks to get the scoop?

You Ben Simmons'ing us?

• Haha 2

• Premium Member

Seen on the interweb

First things first: The Hawks are a good team. This was the first time the Mavericks played the Hawks with DeAndre Hunter, and they learned first hand how potent defensively the duo of Hunter and Clint Capela can be. Hunter gave Luka Doncic absolutely nothing and the few times he was able to scoot past him, Capela was there. Even if the Mavericks were doing things different on the offensive end, it still would have been a tough night to score.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, marco102 said:

It's funny how the national guys are barely discussing the Hawks beatdown of the Mavs.  If it was the other way around, it'll be all over every where. 

It's also funny how they already have a built in excuse  for Luka or Dallas not doing well.  It's Jason Kidd's fault and the Mav's management fault Luka isn't winning.

Let me show you why Luka wasn't winning last night. 

Mr. Lockdown himself and his side kick Reddish.

2-Way Dre Clampy Clampsworth Clamperson

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Seems like we had a ton of midrange shots or am I wrong.

They actually mentioned that on the telecast. I think it was Brian Anderson saying the Hawks are one of the few teams that welcome the mid ranger when other teams are looking for layups and 3’s. 

Good eye as usual Bird! :approved:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, marco102 said:

It's funny how the national guys are barely discussing the Hawks beatdown of the Mavs.  If it was the other way around, it'll be all over every where. 

It's also funny how they already have a built in excuse  for Luka or Dallas not doing well.  It's Jason Kidd's fault and the Mav's management fault Luka isn't winning.

Let me show you why Luka wasn't winning last night. 

Mr. Lockdown himself and his side kick Reddish.

The Clamps! - Futurama - T-Shirt | TeePublic

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I’m no fan of Kidd as a coach but that is a ridiculous take.  Coming from Hollinger…

It's funny because you know Hollinger had that tweet drafted for months and has just been sitting on it.

Edited by RandomFan
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
35 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

It's funny because you know Hollinger had that tweet drafted for months and has just been sitting on it.

Does he hate Kidd or something? 

Looks too old to engage in that kind of pettiness.