• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Celtics at Hawks

lethalweapon3

7 hours ago, terrell said:

Lottery odds have changed...

Yeah, that dawned on me as soon as I hit “submit reply.”  This damn non-edit feature gonna be the death of me.  Still, Silver needs to sneak a few more balls in there for our ass.  I swear some billionaire is fixing his mind to move this Godforsaken franchise to much greener pastures within 10 years.  Who doubts that Seattle would double our attendance total?  Atlanta gonna hold an All Star Game at Mercedes with no team.

6 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Trae Young looks worse and worse and the 2 other picks are garbage. Schlenk looks like another really bad hire. This franchise makes one mistake after another.

I said before the season that these three are all raw. It's clear as well.

Honestly, any of Duke 3, Bol or Little is an upgrade over these guys at this moment. 

7 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

Trae Young looks worse and worse and the 2 other picks are garbage. Schlenk looks like another really bad hire. This franchise makes one mistake after another.

I'm trying to be positive but it's hard to see the light. Trae had some great games early on but his shooting in November has been absolutely dreadful. Every time he shoots a three I expect a miss.

12 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

At some point, Pierce has to be questioned on how he can make life a little easier for Trae.  Like, are they calling set plays to free up Trae for open shots?  Or are they just moving the ball around to the open guy, and whomever is open, shoots the ball?

He can keep calling timeouts all he wants.  But if he's not doing something different scheme wise, he's not doing anything.

At this point . .

Woody > Pierce

Yeah I was saying that the other day, most other scoring point guards can play off the ball and spot up to take 3's Trae always has to run the offense.  Even when someone like Bazemore is handling the ball he never tries to get the ball back to Trae for an open shot.    I also think when trae is out too many players trying to be playmakers.  You will have a big like Dedmon or Spellman with the ball  in the post.  They will try to do a bounce pass to a teammate with the defense drapped over them.  Next thing you know the ball is picked off.   If the player isn't a good passer or has good court vision he should only be passing the ball around when he is standing on the perimeter.

• Like 1

The hottakes in this thread.  Everyone wants instant satisfaction.  If Trae goes 15/17 in his next game while hitting 10 3's, you're going to be saying he's a hall of famer.  

He's going through a stuggle.  This is not Markel Fultz level, he just has to get his confidence back.  I do think they should start Jeremy, just because he's running the team better right now.  

Trae, Omari, nor Kevin are busts at the moment.

It's sad when KB21 has to come in and calm the rest of y'all down.

• Like 4

Huerter actually stood out to me for positive reasons last night even if the numbers weren't good. He has great instincts on both ends. And he did have the really nice take on Smart. 

Trae on the other hand just looks lost right now. I supported Pierce's philosophy on Trae in the SL, but he can't let Trae spiral out of control. The 3's he was taking last night are the worst thing to see in the middle of a bad slump. 

Shudder!  Gasp!  Perhaps Trae needs to go to Erie for a spell!  Right now he is in a mental funk.  His talent didn't leave but his thinking process is suffering.  He, as well as all of us, knows that he is not playing like he should.

When he gets his thinking straight his game will be back to normal.

What ails Baze and Prince?  They are letting us down.

:ahf:

18 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

He’s a better version of Prince imo and I’m a Prince fan..well earlier style Prince but I’m sticking with him for now.

Not sure what’s going on with Prince. He’s not his old self. He continues this and he might not be part of the future plans at all. 

I’m worried a lot more about Prince than anyone on the squad. Let’s face it..Baze, Lin and Carter are doing their thing and won’t be here long. Trae and the other couple rooks learning the way of the league. Bembry figuring everything out and raising his play..Collins is bad and coming into form.

WHATS UP WITH PRINCE ?????

1 hour ago, Dnice said:

"the basketball player formally known as Prince"..

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Not sure what’s going on with Prince. He’s not his old self. He continues this and he might not be part of the future plans at all. 

I’m worried a lot more about Prince than anyone on the squad. Let’s face it..Baze, Lin and Carter are doing their thing and won’t be here long. Trae and the other couple rooks learning the way of the league. Bembry figuring everything out and raising his play..Collins is bad and coming into form.

WHATS UP WITH PRINCE ?????

Dude is playing for an extension instead of just playing his best basketball.

6 hours ago, KB21 said:

A few points:

1.  Trae is playing bad, but most rookies do play bad.

2.  Yes, Jeremy Lin should start while they work Trae into situations where he can help the team.

3.  You should not write him or any of the other two rookies off based on their play this year.  See the above.  Rookies are bad.

4.  Where you should start to get concerned is if you do not see a jump in his play from February on or a second year bump.

5.  Every single bit of this was predictable,  

Not every rookie is bad. There are three on this team that are looking bad.