• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: 76ers "at" Hawks

lethalweapon3

Knight’s numbers weren’t great tonight but I felt like he earned some minutes, what four games ago or so. Finally got some time. Not great tonight but he’s showing more than Bruno IMO in his 20 NBA minutes. I’m excited to see what Okonguw brings when he’s healthy because Bruno just isn’t really showing me he’s a rotation player in the NBA.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, timebomb said:

Knight’s numbers weren’t great tonight but I felt like he earned some minutes, what four games ago or so. Finally got some time. Not great tonight but he’s showing more than Bruno IMO in his 20 NBA minutes. I’m excited to see what Okonguw brings when he’s healthy because Bruno just isn’t really showing me he’s a rotation player in the NBA.

He needs more mins.  He's sorta swimming a bit in his head on D at the moment but you see the potential. 2 blocks in limited mins and runs the floor on the other end. Liked he pump faked then took it to the rim. Missed the shot but he was aggressive and athletic. Was quicker than the smaller defender guarding him.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, timebomb said:

Bruno = team balance

Not a coincidence that the team won, when he was inserted back into the lineup to balance out the team.

Knight is much more active than Bruno, no doubt about that.  But is he better for team balance?

Bruno not only had 2 assists that led to made 3 pointers ( Hunter and Goodwin ),

• he also set screens for Trae that directly led to two more 3 pointers
  • 2 screens that Brandon Goodwin used off the dribble to score a 2 and a 3 for 5 points
  • and a screen that directly led to a Kevin Huerter 3 off the dribble

For the class, that's . .

• 2 points directly scored by Bruno
  • 8 points scored off of Bruno assists
  • 14 points scored directly off of a Bruno screen
  • Total = 24 points directly or indirectly because of Bruno, in 21 minutes of play.

Once again, he's the only big on the team that sets screens for contact, instead of slipping the screen, looking to receive the pass to score.  Because of that, he's enabling his teammates on the floor to get better looks at the basket.

Watch the made FGs on video from last night.  You can see it for yourself.

https://www.nba.com/game/phi-vs-atl-0022000153/box-score

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

For the class, that's . .

• 2 points directly scored by Bruno
  • 8 points 6 points scored off of Bruno assists
  • 14 points scored directly off of a Bruno screen
  • Total = 24 points 22 points directly or indirectly because of Bruno, in 21 minutes of play.

Fixed

• Like 1

Changed the defense to double team the big all star and it worked!  Nice to know that the Hawks can make adjustments in game.

Hawks have players out - injured.  76ers have players out - injured.  Trae's slump ends.  Goodman has a very good game.  Hawks defense looked better over all.  We got to see our 2 way players and they looked like real NBA players.  We may have a real steal in our undrafted center.  Good Knight!

He's not playing but we hear about the influence of Rajon Rondo.  We needed this.

On the road west for three.  Is there any chance we get to see or hear anything about agent 0017?  

:smug:

• Like 4

Keeping an eye on the Hornets.  They win again.

Kings and Haliburton win.

Both the Kings and Hornets have very good rookie players making early noise about rookie of the year award.  Atlanta is still waiting to see their #6 pick.  Get well soon, agent 0017 !!

:sun:

20 minutes ago, cam1218 said:

Didn't get to watch the game last night. Did we actually look better or was it just the 76ers missing players? 

Both.  Hawks looked more like the Hawks are supposed to look.  Then, late in the game, 76ers just ran out of players and our bench played their bench in the 4th quarter and held them at bay.

:hi:

• Like 2