• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks (The Big Payback!)

lethalweapon3

29 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It don't. The Trae hate made sense before LP got fired. He played like shit far too often and was doing his Marbury thing. Since Nate took over, he managing Trae extremely well. Trae even manages the tempo well to the point he was hell on NY and other teams this year. 

Knicks got lucky he went down but something is telling me it’s going to be knicks vs hawks rd 1

• Like 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, hawkzlova123 said:

I love this team

Your handle kind of gives it away. Change your 123 to a 143 and nobody can ever deny your love.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Real talk:

If Travis had listened to his gut and made Nate the head coach to start the season we'd be the number one seed in the East. 

45 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I can't blame him. LP deserved a realistic chance. He got it, thank goodness we had Nate in clip and one in the hole. 

I agree with both statements.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, JTB said:

Knicks got lucky he went down but something is telling me it’s going to be knicks vs hawks rd 1

Very possible its going to be interesting down the stretch because the 6ers twice, Wiz twice isn't going to be easy. The Knicks have a tough 6 game road trip coming up against the West.  Can't have a letdown against Detroit tomorrow on b2b.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, hawkman said:

This is only his 3rd season. I'm honestly dumbfounded by some of the takes I'm reading here lately. If we can't even wait until the guy's rookie contract is up to doom him to failure, I don't know what else to say. The way some people are talking about a pg that can get you 30 and 10 every night boggles my mind and seems more like hate masked as objectivity. PG is the hardest position to play in the NBA. Let the kid develop.

Hate is exactly what it is. 

1 hour ago, hawkman said:

Missed this one due to work but followed the box score. Unreal. Just give Nate COTY already. The goal of just making it past the 1st round may be too conservative at this point. Nobody in the Eastern Conference wants to see this team at full strength in a 7 game series. 

Someone's speaking my language right here. Those three teams at the top of the East had better pray that the Knicks or Celtics find a way to get by them in the first round. I've been saying this for the last two weeks...

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Atlantaholic said:

Yea, I do think this season was not as good as last season for Trae, but I fully expect him to continue to improve. A player with his skillset is not hitting his ceiling at year 3 at 22 years old. His defense is a concern, he will need to improve at least a little, and he hasn't yet shown he can do it, but worst case even if he is always awful on that end I don't think it dooms him as a franchise cornerstone, because his offensive potential is astronomical. 

Stop buying into the narrative. He is a generational player period. 

• Like 2

I think Trae seems less "magical" than his first two years... That doesn't mean he is doomed... He can score and collect assists, but perhaps an attitude, bad defense and not so great shooting.

I think he is closer to the Francis, Marbury and Boston Isiah Thomas rather than a true franchise player.

He has the stats, but not the impact of a top star. IMO.

• Confused 2

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Plainview1981 said:

I think Trae seems less "magical" than his first two years... That doesn't mean he is doomed... He can score and collect assists, but perhaps an attitude, bad defense and not so great shooting.

I think he is closer to the Francis, Marbury and Boston Isiah Thomas rather than a true franchise player.

He has the stats, but not the impact of a top star. IMO.

GTFOOH

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1