• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Nuggets at Hawks

lethalweapon3

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

In other news . . . . 

• Jimmy Butler returns and beat the Celtics in OT
  • Lakers beat the Bucks, with Anthony Davis playing like a legit MVP candidate
  • Zion goes for 30 - 15 - 8 to move the Pelicans to 14 - 8 on the season ( 2nd in the West )
  • Nets are 6 - 2 since the return of Kyrie Irving, beat the Raptors in Toronto
  • And BRUNO FERNANDO scores 10 points in the 4th, sparking a big rally to lead the Rockets over the Suns.

I know you proud about Bruno

• Like 1

They looked good tonight. Culver has earned his at least 20 minutes a night. AJ is a baller, he deserves half of Trae's shot attempts a night. Hunter is cool coming off the bench. JJ earned his 20+ minutes. 

Trae, this is what NBA basketball is with a balanced team. No one needs him to score 30 a night with this team.  

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Now we have an all-nba talent and we want him to dumb it down to the type of ball we universally understood wasn't actually good enough once pit against high-end talent.

Yes he needs to play better ... as do they all ... but I'm cool with a guy dropping high-20's and 30's while others just 'do their job' most nights.

Cosign ALL of this. 

• Like 3

Really good news we have added 2 players to the rotation in Culver and Jalen Johnson, they provide size, defense, rebounding and passing, unfortunately they cannot provide shooting but is important we can make stops. They are good fits for our team.

This is the biggest surprise as I thought injuries were going to have a great impact and 2 players step up and we get Bogi back, we could not have any better news.

I am curious about what Krejci can provide, I think he is a good passer and can shoot. 
we just need a backup Center with size

Trae/Holiday/Krejci

Murray/Bogi/Culver

Hunter/Griffin/Culver

Collins/JJ

Capela/OO/??

Edited by gurpilo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Really good news we have added 2 players to the rotation in Culver and Jalen Johnson, they provide size, defense, rebounding and passing, unfortunately they cannot provide shooting but is important we can make stops. They are good fits for our team.

This is the biggest surprise as I thought injuries were going to have a great impact and 2 players step up and we get Bogi back, we could not have any better news.

I am curious about what Krejci can provide, I think he is a good passer and can shoot. 

Trae/Holiday/Krejci

Murray/Bogi/Culver

Hunter/Griffin/Culver

Collins/JJ

Capela/OO/??

We really should get Hassan Whiteside and cut Kaminsky.

Whiteside would fill in just fine for those times when we need a bigger center when Capela sits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Bogi said he is pain free.

For the first time in a long, long time!  Perhaps as long as two years.

Also said he was fine, ready to play, as he waited to go in.  When his name was announced and the fans reacted, his nerves kicked in - - hard.  He was apparently half numb for the first three or four minutes.

🥰

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Time to forget who is on the injury report list and talk about who is not there.  Six of our 15 man roster are not on the list.  We just might have one or two on the list that could possibly dress out.  This has to mean, Skyhawks, everyone please report immediately to the Hawk team.

Between whoever is a Skyhawk and healthy enough to play and the six + that the Hawks have healthy, we may yet be able to field enough players to beat on our opponent.

While the Nuggets are laughing at our present team, hit some shots and shock them so bad they can't recover!  This seems to be our only hope.  Remember our covid teams last season ??

:smug:

Wow!  Did we?  You bet we did!  Opened the game with a fury and had a big lead, like 10-2 and didn't look back.  When, late in the game, the Nuggets finally got their first lead, Hawks quickly exploded again and had no more trouble.

Way to go!  All of the Squawk Happy with the results!!

🥰

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

Trae/Holiday/Krejci

Murray/Bogi/Culver

Hunter/Griffin/Culver

Collins/JJ

Capela/OO/??

Dedmon?

7 hours ago, kg01 said:

Aye, aye, aye, aye, hey, we just gonna ignore the faqt that Jokic is Trae-level bad on D?

"Yeah that only matters when we assess Trae." - the NBA eggsperts

Also, I find it cute how the 60-win team played this sweet brand of team ball but folks universally understood that didn't matter once they were pit against high-end talent.  And how we needed an all-nba talent to truly compete.

Now we have an all-nba talent and we want him to dumb it down to the type of ball we universally understood wasn't actually good enough once pit against high-end talent.

Yes he needs to play better ... as do they all ... but I'm cool with a guy dropping high-20's and 30's while others just 'do their job' most nights.

As long as he's efficient I'm good with it. If he needs 30 shots to get 30 points then that's hurting the team. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

As long as he's efficient I'm good with it. If he needs 30 shots to get 30 points then that's hurting the team. 

This isn't always the case, if everyone else isn't hitting then the best player should be taking the most shots.  

I honestly don't care about his shot attempts, I'm more concerned that he's making the right play.

He's been taking and missing good shots for him, the only game I can say he and Murray were really selfish was that Houston game. 

Other than that, Trae just needs to play his game but make sure his teammates stay involved by getting touches.

To me, that means moving the ball more quickly and decisively.  It's also on his teammates to move without the ball.

• Like 3