• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Wizards at Hawks (Manic Monday)

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member

Good game for us. Glad we got the win. Dre looked like he had fresh legs out there. Great defense 3 of 5 shooting. John the Baptist out there saving folks. Clint gobbling rebounds, Bogi splashing away, and Young Trigger aka Ice Trae da game busting heads. I love it. Need to cut down on turnovers and ratchet up the defense though.   Three straight games where we gave up 60 points in the first half. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He's Trae lite. Does what Trae does but lacks the shooting but offers more defense

Trae isnt really a good shooter either though..Its the threat that opens up things for him..Theyd give Shariff that shot all day. He can improve his shot though..I want more size at backup though..But I like Cooper..

Edited by terrell

13 minutes ago, marco102 said:

You know I have high standards when I said 36 pts, 5 rebounds and 9 assists is an okay game.   The six turnovers were disappointing. He's getting his floater back.  If his three comes back for the playoffs, the Hawks will be a super tough out. 

Come on dude.   What does this kid have to do, for some of you to be full sail behind him?

You know why he was turning the ball over?  Because he was trying too hard to get his teammates involved, even while driving into traffic.

When he made the decision to exert his will on the game with his scoring, the Hawks broke the game wide open.

There's no way that 6 turnovers ( with 5 of them coming in the 1st half ), can leave a sour taste in your mouth, when he was flat out brilliant in that 3rd quarter, and did enough in the 4th to help close out the game.

Can it?

15 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Come on dude.   What does this kid have to do, for some of you to be full sail behind him?

You know why he was turning the ball over?  Because he was trying too hard to get his teammates involved, even while driving into traffic.

When he made the decision to exert his will on the game with his scoring, the Hawks broke the game wide open.

There's no way that 6 turnovers ( with 5 of them coming in the 1st half ), can leave a sour taste in your mouth, when he was flat out brilliant in that 3rd quarter, and did enough in the 4th to help close out the game.

Can it?

I'm a Trae Young stan and far from not behind him.  However, he made three bad decisions as far as shot selection in the fourth that almost cost the Hawks the game. 

It's okay to point out areas of improvement.  He had a great scoring game, just not a great floor game in my opinion.  He has to trust his teammates in the fourth.  He made a ton of great shots down the stretch too. I just think he took some tougher than needed shots in the fourth. 

Again, I'm 1000000% behind Trae Young. 

Edited by marco102
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Glad Nate is trying to hold his guys accountable. I'll take the win, but doesn't mean that it was a good one.

He needs to hold himself accountable too.  This would've been a coaching loss.

If this was LP, the fan base would be killing him right now.

We're still in the Nate honeymoon phase, I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

He gave the starters heavy minutes. How much more can he give them? I do wish he would give Dunn another chance though.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I agree. Plenty of blame to go around, it doesn't just fall on one guy. The team needs to respond better next game.

Edited by ATLHawks3

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

He gave the starters heavy minutes. How much more can he give them? I do wish he would give Dunn another chance though.

Play them more minutes, if need be.

If it was any game that guys could've gone extended minutes, it was this one, with a 3 day rest in between games.

Westbrook went 40 minutes tonight.  I'm sure Trae could've gone 40 as well.

If the team doesn't function with Lou in the game, his hook needs to be very quick.

• Like 2

Trae has to step up and play smarter.

He has worked on his defense to where he isn't just a liability. Well, all that hard work goes out the window with the live ball turnovers and missed deep shots that turn in to easy scoring opportunities

Most of those are unforced errors in which he was not under duress. 

We won, he had a great numbers game. But playoff basketball is about the mental side as much as anything else. You have to be tough physically AND mentally. You can not make silly mistakes and expect to win games.

I hope he is really taking this to heart. The surrounding cast have all risen their game. Kev and JC are playing 2 way basketball and with more intensity. Trae needs to tap in to that level of discipline and focus.

• Like 2