• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Hawks at Bucks -- ECF GAME 5

RandomFan

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Frustrating night. Let’s get it back on Saturday and even it up.

Nate gotta get that defensive psychology mind meld with the team going again.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Pretty sure this is Brook's first 30 point game as a Buck. Embarrassing how he outworked this whole team 

Only 2 reasons for Capela to be in the games

1) Defense

2) rebounding

He did neither!!1

• Like 2

Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

Every single series it's your rallying cry and Nate just can't stick to that.

When we play big, it really frees up Collins for some reason on offense, and on the boards.

Just because PJ Tucker is built like a tank, doesn't mean that he's a big.  He's the one that we can attack, if they go big.

Bud won't change his gameplan, and will try to attack the paint again.  If the Hawks don't do something different, Game 6 may turn out bad for us.  With the way Gallo scores, and can play defense at times, he must play more than 19 minutes.

• Like 3

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Carmine said:

He can rock the poster shirt all he want but Embiid dominated him the whole series. I'm wondering when he ever gonna show up big without Trae?

He scrapped and did himself proud in that series.  Too many soft games in this one.  We need him to step up and embrace the underdog role.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

He disappears for long stretches at a time. In a game where you are without your superstar he's supposed to step up his game. Instead he shrinks. 

You really advocating paying him his max for this? 

4 years $80M is the max I'm offering. If another team offers more, we have to match but as soon as he signs I'm looking for who I can trade him for ASAP to get that salary spent in better places. Love the guy's heart and locker room leadership, don't love his fit and talent; not for more than $20M per year I don't.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Peoriabird said:

Only 2 reasons for Capela to be in the games

1) Defense

2) rebounding

He did neither!!1

He played some defense.  He blocked about 4 shots. 

The other day I said we need a quality Big Big and some of you guys was like... Nah.. No.. Nope.. we have enough.  Brooks Freakin Lopez just took your enough and wiped his ass with it. 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hylndr11 said:

They are a much better team than we are, when thee other guys get the chance they stepped up, which is why we weren't favored, trea wouldn't made much difference here 

I disagree. 

Trae has the ability to manage a game and get fouls.   Defensively we were poor but our offense wasn't good until the end of halfs. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member

We did outplay the Bucks after the first quarter. But that's a moral victory at best. There's no such thing in the playoffs. 

Very disappointed in the play of our bigs tonight. They let Brook Lopez who hasn't been relevant since his Nets days to look like it was what 2009 again? GTFO with that effort. 

The refs were very quick to let the Bucks get away with murder. I thought it was amazing how every.damn.time. we cut the lead to single digits here comes the refs with a bogus call to turn the momentum around.

We have to play better than this the next two games and win this series. We desperately need Trae Young to come back and play. JC I love you guy but you can't play like ass like this again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Diesel said:

I disagree. 

Trae has the ability to manage a game and get fouls.   Defensively we were poor but our offense wasn't good until the end of halfs. 

We can't defend them that's the point , this would have been much closer , unless we just.conceded with a half-ass effort on purpose 

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Diesel said:

The other day I said we need a quality Big Big and some of you guys was like... Nah.. No.. Nope.. we have enough.  Brooks Freakin Lopez just took your enough and wiped his ass with it. 

Those Lopez points were more on our guards not staying in front of Holliday, those points by Lopez in the paint were either assisted or coming off a rebound with our center out of position because he was helping on the penetration. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Capela got dominated by Lopez!!!  Nate had to pull him out of the game because  he was so ineffective!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

In case people are forgetting, Capela IS INJURED...

Just thought I would remind folks since it seems like some needed it. 

His eye? He wasn't even wearing goggles or anything. He played like absolute crap, and it wouldn't be the first time in these playoffs. Stop making excuses for him.

• Premium Member
On 7/1/2021 at 10:10 PM, bleachkit said:

His eye? He wasn't even wearing goggles or anything. He played like absolute crap, and it wouldn't be the first time in these playoffs. Stop making excuses for him.

LOL!  These guy don't believe what their own Eyes are seeing!