Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

1st in DFG%

1st in D3FG%

3rd in DRating

30th in pace

The Knicks are like a run heavy football team with a great defense, that uses their offense to keep their defenders fresh.  Think of the Knicks like Navy football.  You know exactly what they're running.  You know they're going to possess the ball.  ( Knicks were 6th in turnovers, by the way ).  But can you stop it?  And you have to watch out for the pass, because they can do that too when you least expect it.

But that Navy offense isn't going to be able to come back on most days, if they fall down by 10 or more points.  The same goes for the Knicks.  It took extremely cold shooting + a fatal coaching mistake by Nate, for them to come back from 15 down in Game 2.  Otherwise, this series would be OVER.

That's why Randle's methodical and consistent ISO offense was so important to their team success.  If he has it going, he's normally scoring with under 10 seconds left on the shot clock and he's either keeping the Knicks in striking range, or they have the lead.  Randle is the option QB that keeps the offense guessing.  Rose is the fullback that moves the chains when everyone is focused on the QB ( Randle ).

If his supporting cast are making 3s, that makes their methodical offense even more lethal.  Knicks were 3rd in the league in 3FG%, but only 21st in the league in 3 PT makes.  When they make 3s, it energizes their defense on the other end.  That's the equivalent of a Navy pass that they convert downfield, when you are so concentrated on stopping their running attack.

Now the Knicks fans realize that they need guys who not only can catch and shoot, but can create their own shot if need be.  They also understand that ISO Randle is not good for the playoffs.  Because if he's stopped or slowed down, it hurts all facets of their game.

Great anology. I pointed out at the start of our series in our regular season games vs Knicks, most of his shots were open shots with like a 4 foot cushion since we were playing him for the drive and it was like we defended him like we forgot he was left handed.

In these playoffs, we're crowding him, so he's not just walking into open shots, everything is contested and we are playing that left hand.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That would not be funny...we don't want the Knicks to win anymore games.

OK, let me amend the statement.  Randle is suspended, which doesn't sound like it's even being discussed, and the Knicks perform better but still lose the game in the last minute.  It's wrong, but I want to leave that franchise in complete disarray after this series.  Forgive me Lord for wanting to destroy them psychologically.  

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, EazyRoc said:

I would’ve agreed with your sentiment before Kawhi won in Toronto. That championship run kind of kills your argument. He willed them to a ring..

That's all well and good but let's just take the series against GS... IN their signature wins, it was Lowry and Pascal Siakim doing the heavy lifting.   Kawhi was good, but in Games 1 and 6, he played a lesser role.   Not to mention they also had Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka to make a solid frontcourt that exploited GS's size. 

I give him his credit they won the finals because of him.  His defense was what stopped Klay from being effective.   His offense was what propelled them in 2 of their 4 wins in the series.    Other than that.. they were happy to make it to the finals.   Philly choked. 

Jordan would have never...  He's so alpha that he would have never let Siakim or Lowry's light shine brighter than his in the finals. 

3 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Talking heads on ESPN and FS1 are all of a sudden not as interested in the Hawks v Knicks series.

Hmmmm. I wonder why LOL.

So I tape sportcenter and decided to check it out last week after a month just to see what they say on the Hawks. In the opening minute they talked about 3/4 NBA games but didn’t mention us. It was 1.5 hour and they got to us at the 31 minute mark. If Knicks had won it would have been the first story covered. BSPN!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

- 100 = 0

Come on now.  He's only been gone for a year.  Don't disrespect this man like that.

Michael Jordan Reveals His Last Texts With Kobe Bryant About Tequila, Gigi,  and Competition

🪦 Kobe. No I would always put him on the list, perhaps in my mind I thought I had and thought Supes meant out of the young new age guys but Kobe was after Jordan so definitely no doubt, but just saying Kawhi is made of that cloth too.

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

🪦 Kobe. No I would always put him on the list, perhaps in my mind I thought I had and thought Supes meant out of the young new age guys but Kobe was after Jordan so definitely no doubt, but just saying Kawhi is made of that cloth too.

Add Duncan to the list too then, he was the year after Kobe draft but same hard gortex 80’s material.

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Exactly but people will say what they want and perceive it how they want

• Like 1