• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official Game Thread: Knicks at Hawks -- GAME 4

lethalweapon3

14 minutes ago, timebomb said:

I’m not looking for easy thumbs and what not just remember what city you live in. Braves last year up 3-1 in the NLCS and lost. Atlanta doesn’t lose.. we lose dramatically and embarrassed. 28-3 ect. 
We need to be aggressive and with it and not okay with what we’ve done. We should’ve swept this series period. Game two was on Nate.

Sixers are going to sweep Washington and we need to finish the Knicks in five.

I like the match up against the Sixers. 

The Sixers don’t rebound as well as I thought (13th offensive and defensive). Thybulle on Trae is gonna be very interesting as well as John’s strength versus Harris’ spacing and quickness, Dre is certainly gonna cross-match.  I’m almost like let Joel get his without fouling him so damn much.  Gotta bottle Seth Curry up for sure, like ball deny his ass.  It could come down to the benches.  Nate > Doc.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

The Sixers don’t rebound as well as I thought (13th offensive and defensive). Thybulle on Trae is gonna be very interesting.  I’m almost like let Joel get his without fouling him so damn much.  Gotta bottle Seth Curry up for sure, like ball deny his ass.  It could come down to the benches.  Nate > Doc.

Two non shooters against defense will be fun for us

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

John has responded tremendously the past 2 games. #mamascooking

I think this season was a win for both he and the franchise. He turned himself in to a 2 way player. Proved he can be more than a rim runner. And he was able to assimilate to a roster that no longer featured him and found a way to contribute to winning basketball. He earned some money.

At the same time, you see that the one key element of Star-level players who get top dollar, which is shot creation, is not in his bag and likely will never be. So with that he won't get the full max from any team. He turned down 22.5 mil a year. I bet he can still get 25-26 per. I hope he stays with us going forward.

Totally disagree that it will never will be a shot creator.  The guy is just 23 years old.  Don't forget, the reason why he was drafted 19th, was because people didn't believe he could shoot outside of 15 feet, and was just a rim runner.

Now, he has a legitimate 3 point shot that you can't let him shoot.  You'll see him develop his on the ball shot creation offense in these next 2 seasons.  At 6-10, he won't be Kevin Durant, but he could definitely be a Julius Randle / LaMarcus Aldridge type shot creator that creates space to shoot his jumper.

Could John Collins at his peak do something like this?  I don't think it's out of the question, once his game gets fully developed.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, SalvorMallow said:

Gallo with 21 points on 9 shots. Insane efficiency to go with tough, physical defense. I hope he stays locked in like this for the rest of the playoffs! 

If he plays like this every game no one is beating us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Yooo!  Nice win!  It was so weird being in the arena late in the fourth watching our end of bench guys.  Felt like a regular season game for a minute.  I really want to see us close the series out in New York. 

One thing I noticed today was that Hawks fans SLEEP IN!!!!  It wasn't until the start of the 2nd quarter we really filled out the arena and it was a little worrisome because in the first quarter it was like 1/3 Knicks fans in the stands.  That went down to like 1/8th once everyone arrived, but 1PM games are rough on us.  

The Knicks players and fans have all but given up on this series.  Their attitudes and body language were BAD for pretty much all of the second half.  They didn't even come out with much energy to start with.  I was loving watching Randle and Bullock looking like children with their antics.  Nate's rotations were really nice today.  I think he's making huge strides and the longer the series goes, the more confident I feel in the matchup.  It will be a poetic ending to the series -- that started with nothing but Knicks hype and MSG fan hype -- when we close them out in their own building Wednesday night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

We ended up here discussing PEDs? Not that hard to just really enjoy a Hawk's win in the playoffs right? Am going with that because of the history on both sides of the coin. We are in a very good place at this very moment. Enjoying it so much and would love to hear some conversations from other team's fans right now about Trae and the gang. Am confident the narrative is changing. 

Excellent post.

Keep the discussion about the Hawks and how this should be a celebratory night.

And you get an early Sunday game in which your starters got to get rest AND 72+ hours before Game 5 on Wednesday.

Hopefully Nate brings these guys back down to Earth, and pops in a tape of Game 2, to show them why this series wasn't a sweep.

#WeMove

• Like 4

3 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Another sparkling game from John and Clint on Randle.  I think the war wounds are gonna energize John even more.

It's personal for him lol. Ever since Game 2 he's been on his game.